Game-Labs Forum

Would you be needing any Privateers then Lads?

I be thinking not well on joining the Navy lads, for I be not the kind as takes orders, nor bows and scrapes...  But a Privateer needs a Letter of Marque from someone; else there's some as go around calling em' "Pirates" and wanting to stretch their necks like.  I prefer me neck at it's present length...  So if a share of me gold for a scrap of paper from you Decatur boys keeps me head out of the hemp, and me ship in the trim; then that be a fair Accord says I.  What says you?   B)

In modern English:

I'm not sure if I want to be a Navy player or a Privateer, as I'm still unsure how the progression in the game will work.  I would still like to have some cool people to play the game with though...  do you have an "Associate" member category, or something?  :)

• Like 1

Interesting idea, although we currently don't have an associate member catagory.

We have a great group of members and a lot of fun and cutting up, but we are a team and focused on teamwork. Those who want to do their "own thing" as a privateer may want to look to some of the other fleets like "The Arms of Chaos" or "Messengers of Death". Their contact info is here: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1734-list-of-posted-naval-action-groupsnavies-updated-jan-27-2015/

Having said that, if you change your mind and want to join a fleet focused on Teamwork and camaraderie fill out an app on our site. :)

One final thought, we may "outsource" some special "plausible deniability" missions / tasks that might require a privateer rather than our direct approach. :)

Best of luck!

You know you are in the right fleet when Leviathan takes out his 2nd or 3rd deck of guns on the Victory to accommodate for more beer storage and we still win the match.  Who needs 24lbers (or 32lbers) and 30 extra guns on a line ship?  Not Leviathan.

• Like 4

You should have told us a few months ago, I'm sure that all those people who already joined would have waited.

And besides who needs all those guys on the web site, every single day, day in and day out, clogging up our forums with over 35k views, hundreds of threads and thousands of posts. And the TeamSpeak server always jammed.

I mean really, that's just crazy... Right?

:P

Alll kidding aside, the Decatur Armada has grown into a very strong group of players who are online daily and you can almost always find a couple of us on at any time.

You know the worst thing about starting a group this early?

Yea, me neither. ;)

• Like 4