Game-Labs Forum

Was the three Admiral's treaty such a good idea after all?

Fletch

This.

And the British players which hunted down NL ships during the 2 day alliance pause didn't help as well the relations.

Double edged sword here. One of my clan mates got ganked in Dutch territories. wr have to live with the fact that not everybody agrees with majority decisions in the politics tab.

• Like 1

[..]

While Havana can not be taken, Spain could of been burnt down to one port and left with a handful of players, it would of taken them weeks if not months to rebuild. In that time we could of crushed the French with the our Dutch allies and then had the final show down with the Danes.

But of course you knew better, yet here we are being asked in Brit chat to fight again over the very same ports against the very same people so the whole process can start again?[..]

This is a game. It is not WW1. "Burning down" your opponent so much so that their players leave is bad for the game. This has been one of the few verifiable facts of EA.

What is so hard to understand about that?

I didn't plan anything in RvR, and I do not agree with everything but I still try to help when I can; if you want to make changes it won't do just to be petulant about it. Get in touch with the people who plan this, they are easy to approach, but they also can only work with the number of players that are willing to contribute, right now, Spain outnumbers Britain in PBs.

And while I didn't plan anything in RvR, as an outsider it looks to me like the combined VP/US/GB push against Spain was to get some breathing room in the west and then help the Dutch who have been holding the line in the east alone and push against the French. Which is exactly what you seem to have wanted minus the ludicrous (and toxic to the community and health of the game) goal of "wiping out the Spanish".

.. which Dutch port have you tried to defend lately?

• Like 1

The Good think is you don't represent British nation. It was never out intend to kill somebody's player base and will never be.

it is very sad that you would actually consider that as a strategy to "win" a game.

That's just shameful

I don't pretend to represent anyone other than myself.

ill spell the strategy out for you. You cant fight a war in the east with a Hostile Spain in the west. So you have 2 options, Peace or take them out. I would of preferred taking them out for breathing space. The second option I don't think either side would manage a lasting peace settlement.

Players swap nations all the time. Many glory seekers have swapped to Danes many Spanish went Pirate and back again.

If a nation looses players they will pop up on another nation. As long as they don't quit the game no harm done. Some people like a challenge and will swap to an under dog. 

Right now im offering 2 mil gold for this guy here fletch but the only issue is he doesn't use his in-game nick as he like to hide behind anonymity

right now im not sour if he is even a british player as the things he is saying are outright stupid

I hope the danish , french, Swedish and Spanish teach players like this a fast lesson

The bigger the ego the bigger the but hurt, save your money for the conquest flags, I sink and get sunk daily no need to pay anyone for that it comes with the game.

LOL you can't take out a nation. It's not possible. It has been tried. It doesn't work :lol: :lol: :lol::D

Last time I say this for the people who don't read the entire thread. You can reduce a nation to such a state they no longer pose a threat. This takes them out the picture

The Danes did it to the Swedes and the French.

We in my opinion could of done the same to the Spanish. Brits and Dutch had them on the ropes and with 2 more weeks of campaigning could of imposed something binding on them or left them in a state, it would of been a month before they get their shit together in anyway that can threaten Britain.

Its all getting off topic though.

In General( in my opinion) the people in charge of RVR for the most part lack any clear strategy and direction and have no clear objectives so wars simply drag on. These same people who expect people to fight over the same ports time and time again without any real plan are getting upset when people cant be arsed.  

Its dented a few egos evidently but I wanted to get that off my chest.

Edited by Fletch67
  • Like 1

The quote that comes to mind is "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

If you reduce the Spanish to one port and eliminate their players, where does it end? next the french? then the Danes? do it enough times and there will be no 'enemies' to play the game with anymore. then whats the point? No point in PvP when your enemy doesn't exist any more. that why the treaty was written (as I understood it). to avoid completely crushing the spainish so they could fight another day, and that in the end we'd have more fun because our enemy would fight longer. seems kind of odd, but this isn't a real war, we gain little to nothing by crushing our enemy into dust, especially when we derive enjoyment off our combat

• Like 2

I'll bite anyway. :)

Last time I say this for the people who don't read the entire thread. You can reduce a nation to such a state they no longer pose a threat. This takes them out the picture

We in my opinion could of done the same to the Spanish. Brits and Dutch had them on the ropes and with 2 more weeks of campaigning could of imposed something binding on them or left them in a state, it would of been a month before they get their shit together in anyway that can threaten Britain.

Its all getting off topic though.

In General( in my opinion) the people in charge of RVR for the most part lack any clear strategy and direction and have no clear objectives so wars simply drag on. These same people who expect people to fight over the same ports time and time again without any real plan are getting upset when people cant be arsed.  

Its dented a few egos evidently but I wanted to get that off my chest.

There is no mechanic in the game to win, so yeah logically wars "simply drag on" because that is the actual game.

They irony of your WW1 trench warfare analogy is that that is precisely what happened when trying to 'crush Spain'.

Your approach led to the stalemate you are accusing current RvRers of. Mantua? Corrientes? Those are the actual Verduns of NA, but you seem to have forgotten that.

Thankfully, we are fighting all across the Caribbean now but that is of course hard to see from the safety of Kingston.

M8 you have no idea...

The only way to pacify an enemy in this game is to make friendly gestures and work on what makes him an enemy to begin with.

• Like 3

M8 you have no idea...

The only way to pacify an enemy in this game is to make friendly gestures and work on what makes him an enemy to begin with.

So how many ports did France have left  before you finished beating them with the stick and offered them the olive branch instead?

So how many ports did France have left  before you finished beating them with the stick and offered them the olive branch instead?

You think that after Black Friday we immediately became friends? It was different times and a different mentality, but the only reason RvR stopped was A. because we gave almost all their ports back, and B. because they both found it much more rewarding and effective to start ganking massively around Christiansted.

In the case of France, their beef with Danes were secondary to their beef with the Dutch. And if we got any relief from the results of our campaign, I suspect that was only because both nations were resigned with the lack of help from the British.

At the time the treaty meant to ensure the playerbases of all parties involved. Something that worked out well. The fact that the Spanish were able to make a comeback proves this. If it was a good descision for the playermade-politics is irrelevant, it was a good move for the game.

• Like 4

I'll bite anyway. :)

There is no mechanic in the game to win, so yeah logically wars "simply drag on" because that is the actual game.

They irony of your WW1 trench warfare analogy is that that is precisely what happened when trying to 'crush Spain'.

Your approach led to the stalemate you are accusing current RvRers of. Mantua? Corrientes? Those are the actual Verduns of NA, but you seem to have forgotten that.

Thankfully, we are fighting all across the Caribbean now but that is of course hard to see from the safety of Kingston.

I think they could of been broken but we will never know,  btw you might be a long way from home, but kingston area remains some of the most dangerous waters in the game. 

So it seems the general consensus is, its just a game and those playing it are quite happy for it too ebb and flow endlessly and should one side ever get the upper hand they have to stop and be nice to the looser ect.

Thats fine I can dig that, but its not a war that would in anyway motivate me. I think there is a far bigger risk of people quitting through boredom and burnout than through getting a good old fashioned beat down. 

Again if this is how the majority want their wars why get angry at people who dont want to be a part of it? Whats the worse that can happen to Britain if it looses? After a few ports on Jamaica have fallen the enemy will stop right ? 

You think that after Black Friday we immediately became friends? It was different times and a different mentality, but the only reason RvR stopped was A. because we gave almost all their ports back, and B. because they both found it much more rewarding and effective to start ganking massively around Christiansted.

In the case of France, their beef with Danes were secondary to their beef with the Dutch. And if we got any relief from the results of our campaign, I suspect that was only because both nations were resigned with the lack of help from the British.

Answer the question, how many ports did the French have left before you gave them back?

Edited by Fletch67

A while ago I advocated taking Spain out the war completely, then turning east and teaching the French a lesson. But no it was not to be, despite every ones hard work and countless port battles the dogs of war were called off and the leash put on.

Spain was let off the hook and everyone is all of a sudden chummy.

Fast forward to today and now the Dutch are under the cosh in a big way, and Brit chat has people moaning about lack of people participating in port battles. What amazes me is the complete lack of common sense and military planning the people in charge of these RVR war operations have.

I have seen ports captured through blood sweat and tears, only to be lost a day or so later totally  undefended, I have seen and endless back and forth of meaningless ports change hands, and I have seen a complete lack of foresight and an even bigger lack of will to deliver a knock out blow when the opportunity presents itself.

Now people are once again being hounded at to take part in yet more port battles over the same ports that are time and time again taken then lost, its hard to get motivated for this because should you ever prevail some diplomat will step forward and advocate peace and undo all the hard work you put in over the campaign.

So for my part until a leader emerges that has some strategic sense and plan on how to wage a war I have very little motivation to play endless port swapping and have much more fun around Jamaica.

Several points to address here!

1. I am fully aware who the battle and war leaders and our diplo leaders are at least those that are active and that I am wiling to follow!

2. Reducing a nation to 1 port is a pain in the arse to do and hold and the enemy nation will also only suffer which will effect the game itself - useless and should've been long past discussion! I agree though there were a few guys in SPain would recognized that and acted gracefully and others who managed to piss ff a lot of people who thought it a disgraceful behaviour aggrevating people needlessly from a delusional position (I have about 5 names for that!)

3.This is a wargame - there are ups, there are downs - deal with it!

4. We never had any intention of going to the north side of Cuba - that is US interest anyway and would just uselessly bind forces. - This was known before the campaign and treaty so you shouldn't ahve been partaking if you didn't like it!

5. The reason the Spanish managed to rbeak free was a combination of them executing a ncie maneveur (well done) and us having some ports without a timer (I'd like to hang those muppets^^)

6. I was one of the guys effectively active every night/day - I do not recall your name - earn your right to bitch first!!!

7. Those that moan are the ones who fight and are tired of being responsible for it every night - it might surprise you but I'd like to do some PvE occasionally!

8. Peace talks are as much a part of the game as any other thing - though player made it helps the game and also offers an additional aspect to it!

9. Again I know the leaders and they had very well thought of and also executed plans - if you don't like to follow that it is your choice - BUT LEAVE US TO IT THEN - you didnt earn bragging or bitching rights!

10. The Dutch nation has a bunch of internal problems right now which shall not be mentioned any further here - until they resolve this the British nation has a hard time actually helping them which partially lead to the enemy coalitions success!

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 1

I think they could of been broken but we will never know,  btw you might be a long way from home, but kingston area remains some of the most dangerous waters in the game. 

So it seems the general consensus is, its just a game and those playing it are quite happy for it too ebb and flow endlessly and should one side ever get the upper hand they have to stop and be nice to the looser ect.

Thats fine I can dig that, but its not a war that would in anyway motivate me. I think there is a far bigger risk of people quitting through boredom and burnout than through getting a good old fashioned beat down. 

Again if this is how the majority want their wars why get angry at people who dont want to be a part of it? Whats the worse that can happen to Britain if it looses? After a few ports on Jamaica have fallen the enemy will stop right ? 

Answer the question, how many ports did the French have left before you gave them back?

the Swedes went down to 1 port during the Antilles war, we went down to 5 did either of us surrend ? no, why? because neither of us wanted to...or needed to

You can't crush an ennemy that just respawns...it's a game, not reality

lead-pic.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=500

Edited by Tenakha Kan

1. I am fully aware who the battle and war leaders and our diplo leaders are at least those that are active and that I am wiling to follow!

2. Reducing a nation to 1 port is a pain in the arse to do and hold and the enemy nation will also only suffer which will effect the game itself - useless and should've been long past discussion! I agree though there were a few guys in SPain would recognized that and acted gracefully and others who managed to piss ff a lot of people who thought it a disgraceful behaviour aggrevating people needlessly from a delusional position (I have about 5 names for that!)

3.This is a wargame - there are ups, there are downs - deal with it!

4. We never had any intention of going to the north side of Cuba - that is US interest anyway and would just uselessly bind forces. - This was known before the campaign and treaty so you shouldn't ahve been partaking if you didn't like it!

5. The reason the Spanish managed to rbeak free was a combination of them executing a ncie maneveur (well done) and us having some ports without a timer (I'd like to hang those muppets^^)

6. I was one of the guys effectively active every night/day - I do not recall your name - earn your right to bitch first!!!

7. Those that moan are the ones who fight and are tired of being responsible for it every night - it might surprise you but I'd like to do some PvE occasionally!

8. Peace talks are as much a part of the game as any other thing - though player made it helps the game and also offers an additional aspect to it!

9. Again I know the leaders and they had very well thought of and also executed plans - if you don't like to follow that it is your choice - BUT LEAVE US TO IT THEN - you didnt earn bragging or bitching rights!

10. The Dutch nation has a bunch of internal problems right now which shall not be mentioned any further here - until they resolve this the British nation has a hard time actually helping them which partially lead to the enemy coalitions success!

Thank you, many good points. my entire post started as a response to bitching in Brit chat about lack of participation in port battles.

I felt entitled to have a bitch back. Just understand that to me and others I have recently played with there is a general apathy for port battles. Many ports are taken and then given up without fight, after putting in so much time and effort in a campaign I did not expect the enemy to be let off so lightly only to have to face them again.

If you are out there doing it for Britain on the port battle front good luck to you,. Just dont beat up on the pubbies around Jamaica about not wanting to take part in seemingly endless back and forth.

the Swedes went down to 1 port during the Antilles war, we went down to 5 did either of us surrend ? no, why? because neither of us wanted to...or needed to

You can't crush an ennemy that just respawns...it's a game, not reality

lead-pic.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=500

Surrender ? You became a Danish vessel. They beat you so hard you joined them and bashed the Swedes with them.

There is a certain paradox here, you think fighting over the same ports is boring and lacks foresight? Well I agree but let's look on the flip side, you reduce Spain to a few ports then have to sit at the surrounding ports every night same time same place and mostly for fake flags.

So you become bored of this and ports get retaken then Spanish players start to come back because of the success pretty soon your back to the current situation.

Good treaty or not? Doesn t really matter I think what mattered was the fact it gave everyone a break from the nightly broken port mechanics.

Everyone needs a holiday from that right?

• Like 6

Internal strife is of all times and of all nations. We (the Dutch) are like a Hydra, one head may lick you, one head may sing to you, one head may yell at you, but in times of peril I've always have seen the Dutch clans do their duty, and that is to turn the heads in the same general direction and bite back where it is needed.

Yesterday a main fleet in our western fronts turned a Danish 1st rate fleet with some clever fireship tactics yet unseen on a scale like it was executed by Vasco / Pellasgos and his warriors. nlGuinnesnl of the Arse clan led a succesful defensive fleet against French agression towards Fort Oranje and a fleet of XIX and DAS defended the fake Spanish flag on Fort Zoutman and took back the regional capital Caracas as the opportunity arose. All at the same time. I'd say that is pretty good collaboration between parties of a Nation with internal problems.  ;)

Strife, perhaps, worries, for sure, positivity, still there. It is not coincidence that the Dutch motto of Concordia res parvae  (Unity makes strength) was changed over the years in the motto:Je mantiendrai (We will maintain); strength does not always come out of unity, but we know it also comes out of diversity and individual contribution.

Hence I will say to everyone listening:

We are the Dutch Nation; in all of its diversity and impossible personae! We love this game and we love playing it with you!  ;)

• Like 7

There is a certain paradox here, you think fighting over the same ports is boring and lacks foresight? Well I agree but let's look on the flip side, you reduce Spain to a few ports then have to sit at the surrounding ports every night same time same place and mostly for fake flags.

So you become bored of this and ports get retaken then Spanish players start to come back because of the success pretty soon your back to the current situation.

Good treaty or not? Doesn t really matter I think what mattered was the fact it gave everyone a break from the nightly broken port mechanics.

You got that right, it all comes down to broken port mechanics...we'll see how the patch goes...atm its either boring or just exhausting...

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 4

Or you do what the Danes did to the French and Swedes, you hit them so hard they become a vassal state.

Or you do what the Danes did to the French and Swedes, you hit them so hard they become a vassal state.

and yet you sit in KPR doing nothing...."Those that are the loudest in their threats are the weakest in their actions."

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 3

Dear Mr. Fletch67.

You think that the objective of this game is destroy your enemies and so win.....

But the objective for this game is play the game..... if you destroy the enemies You won the war, but loose the game. You need an enemy to continue playing...

Sorry Mr Gandhi.

"There is no way for win the game. The game is the way" 

• Like 7

You know how I feel about the French, you ride on the coat tails of your Danish masters. You brag about how your coming to Jamaica, then you come crying to the forums about port timers when you get your asses kicked yet again.

If Britain announced and all out war on France to the death I would be there like a shot my friend. Under this climate it looks like that will never happen though.