Game-Labs Forum

Fleets and did I pay for this game to fight AI ??

...Adapt or Die.. simple as that.

Except it isn't that simple. We're still in the process of defining what this game should be and we still have the opportunity to make a place for pure PVP.

Then people can say "Yea, Naval Action. That game has PVE content but puts emphasis on real PVP."

Naval Action can stand apart from both arena games and silly pet MMOs.

Really it was a much better game when the fleets were out of it.  It is only players that cannot sail that want fleets.

Actually the truth behind it ain't related to that. Social is a damn big hint and almost smells like an ultimatum... I hope.

• Like 1

Ideal game would be : one server where you could choose at port which kind of fight(s) you want during your next sea trip by box ticking : PvE (bots attacking) and/or PvP with AI fleet and/or pure PvPn with or without ganking and/or duels... 

Yeah, feels like Christmas when I was a boy I could tick boxes what I want to get. :wub:

Then I prayed to get all stuff !

I am loving all the sweaty teen angst over fleets.

Yes it needs to change, but only to restrict the types of ships you can put together.   The idea of a 4th rate protecting an unrated trade vessel is just stupid.     And the idea of having a ship without having an additional officer to command it is also equally stupid.

I think if you want to run a fleet, it should cost you money, and resources.   You will need to hire another officer, and still maintain the crew amount, not to mention you should have to pay to equip it with guns, and there should be a bigger hit on your OW movement speed, as you are attempting to stay together.   And storms should be nearly impossible to traverse as a fleet.  As you take a risk of losing a ship and that risk will be HIGH. 

First constructive commenting we got on this topic.... :)

(Hethwill is already obsessed by this "get rid off")

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1

Only Fleet Fanbois want this game ..   Only those that want their computer to succeed where they cannot.   

The AI in the game sux ... players that use it have that same reduced capacity.     If there is no other way to make players feel safe from Gankers then the game IMHO is doomed to failure.

As I said I play this game to fight other players not fight  a computer maneuvering an AI ship as directed from some small vessel. 

Edited by angriff

the fleet ships are completely useless and should be removed anyway because they dont help you in a usefull way. I have no problem when beginners have that Kind of Option but for all other Players i would say "no fleet ships"

fleet sheeps ki is more then stupid

fleet sheeps shoot your sails and ship and not the enemy ones

fleet sheeps cross your way so that you can not maneuver

or they do nothing - as i had today when you get attacked by Players, even when you give commands to them.

the fleet ships are completely useless and should be removed anyway because they dont help you in a usefull way.

I have no problem when beginners h

I am not a beginner and AI ships are hard to command.

Still, they are the most useful tool in the game a trader can have.

The sheer ignorance on this topic is just....am I being entitled to comment on PB with 1st rates I never took part?

No, but eveyrone feels entitled to comment on AI fleets having no experience or DATA to give evidence

whats going on.

Edited by Wilson09

Only Fleet Fanbois want this game ..   Only those that want their computer to succeed where they cannot.   

The AI in the game sux ... players that use it have that same reduced capacity.     If there is no other way to make players feel safe from Gankers then the game IMHO is doomed to failure.

As I said I play this game to fight other players not fight  a computer maneuvering an AI ship as directed from some small vessel. 

>>The AI in the game sux ... players that use it have that same reduced capacity.     If there is no other way to make players feel safe from Gankers then the game IMHO is doomed to failure.

If this post will not be penalized with a "warning point", I know that this thread is not being monitored....

A clear insult to all players and the Devs who brought AI fleets back into the testing....

>>As I said I play this game to fight other players not fight  a computer maneuvering an AI ship as directed from some small vessel.

Sure. I guess you have been "farming" AI missions over and over again....

Edited by Wilson09

Really it was a much better game when the fleets were out of it. It is only players that cannot sail that want fleets.

Not true... For a trader, its good fun to turn the tide of a battle against an agressor by use of a fleet.

Besides, they are ai, if you hunt in packs like any successful group of privateers (think, German submarine wolfpacks) they are easy to crush.

Furthermore, pack hunting is good for having a tagger/chaser and a heavy hitter to land the powerful attacks. Fleets not only help attackers but also encourage team work amongst both trade fleets and privateer/pirate fleets

Edited by Septimius Severus
  • Like 1

i dont think people need to feel safe from gankers.