Game-Labs Forum

Merge ships

I think it would be interesting to merge ships with identical characteristics.

So if you have 2 Consitution-Fir/Build Strength/Speed/2/5 for example. Each with 1 duras, you could merge them and end with one ship with 2 Duras.

What do you think?

Personally I think very much the opposite.  Ships in that era decayed very quickly.  So I would like to see our ships gradually decay over time and more so through battle damage.   Repairs to ships currently bring them back to 100% - but I would have expected ships seeing damage multiple times to gradually become economically unviable to repair as the extensive fixes scale in cost. 

Having something like this in the game would give a more finite life to each ship - and push players to constantly keep working to maintain a fleet of ships.

• Like 1

well merging ships is a good counter argument against aging. Game will get weird if we got to start tearing 2 old ships in half to make into 1 semi new one.   Great post tho.

Edited by Chromey

well merging ships is a good counter argument against aging. Game will get weird if we got to start tearing 2 old ships in half to make into 1 semi new one.   Great post tho.

17th centaury Cut and Shut ;)

No Thanks to merge or aging...

More hoping for 1 durability ships, and hability to buy the hull back after it is captured (not sunk) ,for an enormous price, modified deeply by the perm upgrade on it, for PVE

... and for PVP : let the guy capturing the ship offer a ransom price to the defeated player to give the ship back :)

So : merging durability .... No ;) 

im against duros on anything 6th and up.  it is bad design and hurtful to the crating/economy.

1 duro, losing permanents but keeping normal upgrades is far more preferable IMO.

Once the figure out the surrender issue it will be far more likely a ship is captured rather than sunk