Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] July 6th, The US West Florida Incursion, Pirate Perspective

Skully

July 6th, The US West Florida Incursion

Preliminaries

20160706 Manataca

Before the break of dawn the US assembled a fleet of some 6th rates ships at Manataca. The Pirates still bend over from their rum of the previous night had not even woken yet, when it sailed for San Jose.

Soon after San Jose fell, the US once again assembled at Manataca. This time to sail two fleets to Santa Rosa and Penzacola. But by now the Pirates had woken up and with two ports under attack there was no other option than to sail out two ships, an Ingermanland and a Trincomalee.

Battle of Santa Rosa & Penzacola

20160706 SantaRosa 1

With the two US fleet arriving roughly at the same moment, the two battles were almost a mirror image.

At Penzacola the US did manage to lower their whaleboats in time before the Pirate Ingermanland sailed to engage. Over at Santa Rosa the Trincomalee sailed to engage before whaleboats could be launched.

Flabbergasted by the bold Pirates and totally unfamiliar with these tactics, the US ships turned to engage. Only to figure out this was a stalling tactic the main US bodies disengaged from the Pirates.

Three US Constitutions, one Belle Poule and a Renommee quickly moved away to cover the Santa Rosa port assault.

Tasked to destroy the Pirate Trincomalee was a remaining US Constitution. But it saw its crew and cannons quickly diminish.

Having been set on fire, it tried to turn towards the Trincomalee.

Aboard the Trincomalee the Pirate captain watched the Constitution coming into a perfect downwind broadside. And as the brown belly of the Constitution raised out of the water, the order was given: "Fire!"

July 6th 1716, US Constitution Sunk

With water gushing fast into the Constitution's hold, its fate was sealed. The captain unable to comprehend what had happened, found no time to reach the lifeboats and went down into Davy Jones Locker.

Against the Ingermanland the US ships fared no better. Within their first engagement the US fleet found itself without the numbers to sustain a concentrated port assault. The Ingermanland soon sailed back to Barataria.

20160706 SantaRosa 2

As tornado warnings came in, the Pirate Trincomalee found shelter within Santa Rosa. With the US ships still beating at the fortifications, the storm swept in.

Both Penzacola and Santa Rosa had withstood an ill attempted US attack.

Result

Unfamiliar with the ferocious tactics of AUSFC, the US seriously underestimated their opposition. This cost them many ships in the process.

However with the capture of San Jose, the US have now secured a foothold on the west side of Florida.

It only remains to be seen whether Pirates will be bothered to quite their fishing and provide more resistance, let alone do a counter.

• Like 3

Penzacola was one ship planting and at santa rosa I think we hade only 4 ships. and the manurer was to see how the defence of those ports whud be. sadly for the pirates it was one ship in each port but we hade a fun talk with mr skully in santa rosa :P. pirates have probem with ther forces, us have probem and we know that Spanish also have problem do to thay have been able to get alot off players to help out when they are attacked but last pb both from us and spanish they have been less players then us. so question is what nation is having all activ players :D

TDA has never had the manpower to take on your fleet, especially when you all exploited to get high level quickly.  How many times have we beat you in similar odds?  Plenty.  How many times have we beat you when the odds are outrageously in your favor?  Several.  I seem to remember an instance where BR was 5 to 1 against TDA and TDA came out on top.

TDA has never had the manpower to take on your fleet, especially when you all exploited to get high level quickly.  How many times have we beat you in similar odds?  Plenty.  How many times have we beat you when the odds are outrageously in your favor?  Several.  I seem to remember an instance where BR was 5 to 1 against TDA and TDA came out on top.

Never say the word "exploit" to Lord Sidious, he will rage and say to you that you are bullshiting yourself. It's always the same.

• Like 1

I haven't got a writeup yet, because what is a good story of you guys teleporting 1sts and 2nds into San Jose (shallow) and then sailing out? :P

I know Killswitch went out to defend Santa Rosa, which was of course was no problem. But John encountered those big ships with the flag at Penzacola.

So you actually interrupted my fishing at Port Antonio and made some of us scramble to Biloxi. :)

Hopefully I will find some time soon, because I loved that battle at Biloxi. It was hilarious.

I haven't got a writeup yet, because what is a good story of you guys teleporting 1sts and 2nds into San Jose (shallow) and then sailing out? :P

I know Killswitch went out to defend Santa Rosa, which was of course was no problem. But John encountered those big ships with the flag at Penzacola.

So you actually interrupted my fishing at Port Antonio and made some of us scramble to Biloxi. :)

Hopefully I will find some time soon, because I loved that battle at Biloxi. It was hilarious.

Sadly I had to get off before it happened.

San Jose is best troll port. To be fair, we didn't actually teleport them there, but we DID stage them there. You can blame SORRY for me even knowing I can fit a deep water into San Jose in the first place.

• Like 1

You never won a single battle vs us, beside one ow fight where you got 22 people vs 10-12 of us,(wich i not lead) and one throaway fleet (wich i not lead) who was outnumbered 25 + towers vs 18

Beside that, you never won a single engagements with me leading a sorry fleet (for example in the first usa campaign i did not die a single time), so stop use drugs,    you seams to remember bullshit that never happened, otherwise post screen :)

Again this exploit story Lol,  i was rear admiral before coming pirate, and i runned hundreds of 3rd rate farm near cabo canaveral, way before anybody started to using the reinforcement method,  also 50% of our clan come from pvp2, they exploited too?

YOU NEVER WON A SINGLE BATTLE WHERE I WAS LEADING SORRY     you lost in AYS cause exploits? or cause u suck ? more and better ships then us, 14 loss 0 kill, difference between you and me, is that i dont "recall" things, is all in the screens

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
No need for real life insults - keep it in game please.
  • Like 1

i was rear admiral before coming pirate

The exploit happened when you were US.  Also, while you yourself didn't use it to level up, a ton of your people did.

Never won a single battle against you?  Now that is a downright lie.  I personally have defeated sorry members several times.  I have seen screenshots and in fact, people have posted screenshots on this very forum.

Just like you once said you have never lost to me in personal combat, and that you never lost a ship pre-Early Access, that was shown to be a lie, when I posted video of you, in a larger ship, sailing worse than AI and being defeated by me.

Everyone agrees that your group is the largest group of filth and trash talkers in the game.  You can't fight against a sorry member now days without them spouting off filth.  Granted, it might not be every sorry member, but a good amount cannot seem to fight without garbage and all out disrespect and hostility falling out of their mouth.

• Like 1

The exploit happened when you were US.  Also, while you yourself didn't use it to level up, a ton of your people did.

Never won a single battle against you?  Now that is a downright lie.  I personally have defeated sorry members several times.  I have seen screenshots and in fact, people have posted screenshots on this very forum.

Just like you once said you have never lost to me in personal combat, and that you never lost a ship pre-Early Access, that was shown to be a lie, when I posted video of you, in a larger ship, sailing worse than AI and being defeated by me.

Everyone agrees that your group is the largest group of filth and trash talkers in the game.  You can't fight against a sorry member now days without them spouting off filth.  Granted, it might not be every sorry member, but a good amount cannot seem to fight without garbage and all out disrespect and hostility falling out of their mouth.

You defeated some sorry small fleets, (one 22 vs 10 and rest where ininfluent skirmish)  but never ME with my full sorrry fleet and thats a fact, cant care less if you ganked some sorry who where going pve.