Game-Labs Forum

9.9 Feedback Poll

Anne Wildcat

9.9 Patch  

403 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about AI fleets being added?

• Love
    • Mixed
    • Hate
  2. 2. What do you think about officers, officer ranking & perks being added?

• Love
    • Mixed
    • Hate
  3. 3. What do you think about fishing being added?

• Love
    • Mixed
    • Hate
  4. 4. What do you think about the new graphics & sound?

• Love
    • Mixed
    • Hate
  5. 5. What do you think about having to hire crew & rehire or heal crew after battle?

• Love
    • Mixed
    • Hate
  6. 6. What do you think about the new structures and crafting line?

• Love
    • Mixed
    • Hate

I sailed from Tumbado to Port Royal with a shipment of material, stopping along the way at a shipwreck.

Apart from a lot of fish(meat) I also caught 4x Rays.

Standard market price for Fish Meat is 33 gold, in ports that consume the price is 99 gold.

Rays are 5000 gold a piece.

;)  buy medkits and crew prices are not so / overly expensive.

If you are sitting in PR (gone fishing) you are not doing it right and you will never get a good price for Fish meat, get out there and see the world, iirc I received 113 xp for that little voyage, so all is good  :D

Indeed. Fishing does give you something to look forward to on long voyages, and I think it was a nice feature.

I had to vote 'mixed' on the fishing though. Not because I do not like the feature, but because the impact it has had on player behavior. Perhaps the developers should make it so you can't catch anything valuable near capital ports, which would encourage players to leave the safe zones. Maybe make it so players have higher chances for bottles the farther away you sail from home, perhaps.

Sorry but ATM fishing is gone already, you can make barely 30% of the meat you was able to do before last patch, less meat per fish, longer times intervals between 2 catches, less fish jumping into cargo, less rare fishes too now ... 

What you will make in money for one hour fishing can be done in 20 minutes mission using a 5th rate, you can however still do 1M with trading fish, but this is possible while trading some other stuff too.

This is for those who don't do afk fishing, those doing nothing at all staying AFK and getting 30K worth of fish each hour ... well i expect this to be fixed very soon too and afk fishing not possible anymore. As for the inflation i feel more like it's the opposite , i could find 5 gold upgrades in NPC shops in a single day, you can trade nice gold upgrade and get them 2 mid notes or very cheap price, i can find things like coal and some other materials at npc default prices or even lower priced than default prices in my capital as many don't focus anymore on speculating those materials and instead do afk fishing or craft med and repair kits that also saw them prices drops nicely.

After a week of playing, I made over 300k from fishing by selling 3k fish meat and I still have 1k fish meat left.  I got this fish meat from 2-3 trips to explore wrecks and fighting around MT in my rattlesnake.  This doesn't include the 11 bottles I received in 6 days and all the mods, labour contracts, and gold and silver coins.  I don't tend to make a ton of money, but that was the most money I've ever made in one week from anything.  For the 1st time I broke 1m and am sitting at 1.05m.  If you count all the bottles I managed to get, I bet I have well over 1m in the stuff from those, and I haven't collected 7 of them yet.  Those will take 4 trips, which probably means another 3-4k of fishmeat, which I can sell for 300-400k.

In the last patch fish income was lowered,  i was able to get average 100k gold worth of fish meat per hour of sailing, just in fish meat not counting the rare fishes i could get, around 4-6 of them per hour average, granting and additional 30-45k depending where you sold them ( 5 to 7.5K per fish ).

Since last patch tuna gives 5 meat instead of 10, dorado's give now 15 meat instead of 30 before the patch, before patch i was able to get easily more than 1000 fish meat per hour, now you get around 300 meat per hour, i was able to get some fish each 2mm30 average while sailing, up to 4 dorado's or tuna's in one catch, regularly ... now it takes way more time to see fish jump into your cargo between 2 catches, you don't see often 4 dorado's or 4 tuna's like before, they also give half the meat they were giving, all this combined makes the income you get from fish meat is divided by around 3, without any special fish that also seems to become more rare to catch, don't think about making more than 30k worth of meat per hour which is more easily and quickly done doing other stuff in game. 

Made around 1.5M just with fish, got 15 bottles ( none on the first day where it was easy to get some and none last 2 days ) , loads of nice upgrades and around 10 LH contracts and the most funny is that beside the 2 first days after the introduction of fishing where i was focusing on fishing to test this, the rest was made mostly just doing my usual long trader trips for materials, most funny was to bring my dedicated trader on the other side of our the territory while fishing on the way and sell the fish i got during the trip once arrived, amount of cash earned with fish was enough to pay for all the materials i bought for the return trip ...

Still possible to make 1M+ in a single trip with fish meat without even fishing : http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14945-npcs-stores-fish-meat-consumption-25k-limit-and-idle-fishing/#entry277751

It was too much cash and market was killed quickly with people idle fishing for 8 hours and able to make 750k+ just in meat, not even counting the rare fishes caught  ... while idle afk ... 750k doing nothing at all ... i really don't like afk fishing, done it only for 30mn in the entry of my capital to time out the fish catches on the second day after patch, turned out that each 3mn30 exactly fish was jumping on cargo, way longer interval than what i had while sailing at seas, sometimes 1mn30 before 2 catches if very lucky, sometimes 2 mn, sometimes 2mn30, average was bit under 2mn30, now go sail and time out to see the differences since last patch ... did not done any afk static fishing since this try and i can assure you that not only you get less meat per fish, but you also get less fish each catch and also less catches per hour than before, so good luck making 3-4k of fish meat in 4 one hour trips , you will probably get around 1200 meat now ^^  

Still nice for just sailing around when you do traders trip hauling raw materials, pays off for crew i guess, even more for those sitting afk doing nothing at all and getting 300k in 10 hours, but the ATM fish making minimum 100k per hour is gone.

If you guys are selling the fish meat itself, you're missing out. There's an extra amount of money you can make with it that involves just a bit of crafting . . . or cooking, I should say.

As a crafter my LH are too precious to make med kits with them, like making production buildings, can't afford to use my LH on this, the market of med kits is already saturated anyways and prices going down each day ... and who needs med kits when you can get crew for free by capping and selling AI ships anyways ( still waiting to hear if this is a bug or not ). 

• Like 1

The defender perk has almost rendered all boarding pointless. It would be more balanced if it only required to have more crew.

If you are running a boarding setup and trying to board a similar sized ship with the defender perk you cannot board it until you killed almost half his crew which then makes any boarding upgrades useless as you would easily cap him anyway without any at that point.

Edited by TrackTerror

The defender perk has almost rendered all boarding pointless. It would be more balanced if it only required to have more crew.

If you are running a boarding setup and trying to board a similar sized ship with the defender perk you cannot board it until you killed almost half his crew which then makes any boarding upgrades useless as you would easily cap him anyway without any at that point.

Good.   Those magic "boarding mod" potions were severely OP anyways...Ship battles involve more than just being able to turn a ship into the wind...

• Like 2

What the hell is so difficult about boarding now? All you have to do is lower their crew! Do you really seriously think you should be able to just straight up board ships of the same crew size or larger with such ease like that crew is trying to catch your boarding ropes to help pull each other closer instead of using common sense to  cut the damn ropes??????

DEAR DEVS: These people crying about Defender are the very same ones from WoT who cry about not being able to one shot kill tier 10 tanks. They run around with the magical one shot kill gold marines and think every battle should last 3 minutes at the very max. PAY THEM NO MIND and let them return to retard game WoT. I like long battles. I like realism. Keep the arcade crap out of this game please and thank you.

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 6

really? so how does a clan warehouse work if you cant get back to it regularly? or shipyards?   do you suggest everyone set their homes to capitals and thus PVP be isolated to 3 ports from home....ala Britain?

I believe getting back to your shipyard might take something called..oh damn..what is that thing when you put a wooden v shaped thingy in the water and surprisingly it floats and you're all excited but you can move so you notice there is wind moving so you think...if i put a cloth up, i just might catch that wind and be pushed. OOoohhhh yaaaa...SAILING! :D

People only see what they want to see. And they purposely negatively exaggerate other people's ideas to make their idea sound better than any other. I feel the only thing teleporting does is allow these enormously spread out nations to conquer more than they truly should be able to handle. Not only this, but it makes it too easy to crush nations down to one port, thus making that nation quit. Not good for the game.

PvP will always occur at front lines and near capitals. The first because that is where port battles are. The second because gank gangs gank only newbs, because they don't know how to gank experienced players. Otherwise they wouldnt be ganking at enemy capitals where ONLY newbs are.

If you guys are selling the fish meat itself, you're missing out. There's an extra amount of money you can make with it that involves just a bit of crafting . . . or cooking, I should say.

I'd rather keep my hours rather than make 2000-3000 more per 200 fish (about 15 more per fish max).

I wasn't referring to med kits.

I feel like if I tell you guys outright, it makes it so people don't use their noggins to find out how to make the economy/crafting system work for them.

But people are always in a rush to say money is too hard to get in the game.

Edited by ajffighter86

I wasn't referring to med kits.

I feel like if I tell you guys outright, it makes it so people don't use their noggins to find out how to make the economy/crafting system work for them.

But people are always in a rush to say money is too hard to get in the game.

Neither was I.

If you are going for full on realism/grind with the crew mechanics I'm quite sure magical medkits & unlimited number of crew from ports is a bit unrealistic, yea?

I Kind of don't understand the point, all this does is add more stuff to spend gold/time on all while remaining totally unrealistic. If you are going to go for realism, please go full on realism and not half ass it.  :huh:

^ so it's either full realism, or it's full fantasy magic. Understood.

So magical medkits are more realistic than free unlimited crew? :)  Please enlighten me.

You are basically taking thousands of crew with you in a stack of large medkits, up to 150 sailors per magical kit that magically replaces all of the crew you've lost!

That is no more realistic than the old system, am I not correct? 

That is why I am saying it is pointless to have such a mechanic, It's basically the exact same thing! So take medkits out.

Since some people are on the crew mechanics are so realistic train, please explain how it is more realistic than the old crew mechanics with these medkits. 

Thanks!

Edited by Brisk

Indeed it is practically the same thing. At least from medkits we get crafting xp, and it "heals" crew rather than just automatically makes new ones appear. The old system seemed that it was more magic than this new system always replenishing crew after battle. At least now you can catch ppl who've run out of medkits while in OW. Also, it is in development, and once they implement the national crew pool, I fee it will matter even more.

Medkits and also repair kits number should be heavily limited in ships ... not more than 3-5 med kits on a ship, large med kits giving more crew than now but not possible to get used on something else than Sol's etc, not possible anymore to refill almost my entire crew lost on a 5th rate just by pushing a slider in the middle of the sea and taking them from my crew pool stationed in a port far away to get them delivered by helicopter in 2 seconds into my ships in the middle of nowhere ...

First introduction about the crews there was discussions with the need to go return to ports regularly etc, looked very interesting from a gameplay point of view, many were not happy because they didn't want to go to ports and refill regularly ... 

Many just don't want to go to them own ports once in a while, they camping in front of the enemies most populated area, using a spy in the enemy's capital indicating all juicy and easy targets to pick and can do this for hours while dodging all counter measures that are also reported by the spy, heck some here even posted stream videos of them ganking exploits in the forum where we can hear the spy reporting all intel about the ships movements ... taken down by the author since, surprisingly  ...  

They can stay around for very long time, as soon as some counter measure start to build up the spy report it and they move away to another sector or just flee when they know the fight will become even, hide for a bit around and come back once the storm have passed to continue pick easy designated targets ... and no need to care about going to refill crew or repair the ship once in a while with the cloning devices we get on our ships ...

In the end we still have infinite crews, insane load of repair for ships possible, nothing changed beside adding one more money sink , you can stay at seas for days, camp one enemy capital area, take out easy preys left and right, get seriously damaged and loose a good part of your crew in many battles and get some new delivered by helicopter or using clones creator kits, no cooldowns imposed, no limits for the number of kits used ...

I had enjoyed the need to return to ports to refill the crew after 3-4 battles ( excluding PB's from the system, kits used in Pb's will suffer no cooldown or limits, repair kits used and the possibility after a PB to refill the crew without taking in account of the number of kits already used before ), it really had bring something interesting to the game, especially for hunting near enemies waters or even for screening the PB's attack fleets, some fleets had arrived not at 100% conditions to the PB's after being put in battles a few times, this had been realistic instead of being sent into battles 3-4 times before reaching a PB and getting out of each of those with restoring crew and repairing the ship at 100% as soon as they exited, the need to manage the use of your med hits, with 10-15% of my crew lost crew i can afford to wait until the next battle before using one of my limited clone kits etc ... 

What we have now is nothing else than putting a money tax on the number of battles you want to do, i hope the Dev's will follow them original idea and limit the use of med and repair kits possible by type of ships to bring a tactical dimension to the game, not just another monetary barrier like now .

• Like 1

I havent really heard or seen the new improved sound or graphics yet as I have no idea what was improved or added into the game, so I voted mixed on that. All the others I kinda like. Even though I havent yet had a chance to test them out.

Fishing: Great! However, the AFKing while fishing might come a problem. I mainly fish when I travel, so I have atleast something to do. 

Crew management: Historical, makes fleets possible and still maintaining some restrains. And makes Ship of the lines more expensive to sail, or the fear of losing it and the crew.....  :P

Crafting and buildings. Not really a clear opinion yet, but I like the idea atleast.

officers: Mixed. Although I do like this idea somewhat, I think it needs some fine tuning on what I have seen and heard. (Especially Id wish I could see him standing on the quarterdeck/Poop deck.

However if someone could point out the changes in graphics and sound, I would be glad. Thanks. 

I believe getting back to your shipyard might take something called..oh damn..what is that thing when you put a wooden v shaped thingy in the water and surprisingly it floats and you're all excited but you can move so you notice there is wind moving so you think...if i put a cloth up, i just might catch that wind and be pushed. OOoohhhh yaaaa...SAILING! :D

People only see what they want to see. And they purposely negatively exaggerate other people's ideas to make their idea sound better than any other. I feel the only thing teleporting does is allow these enormously spread out nations to conquer more than they truly should be able to handle. Not only this, but it makes it too easy to crush nations down to one port, thus making that nation quit. Not good for the game.

PvP will always occur at front lines and near capitals. The first because that is where port battles are. The second because gank gangs gank only newbs, because they don't know how to gank experienced players. Otherwise they wouldnt be ganking at enemy capitals where ONLY newbs are.

I get what your saying and I'm all for it but you cant do it with what we have here......big world small population bad mechanics.....it doesnt work right now....later maybe

These onerous changes have been reducing the pleasure of the game for me, for my clan and, from what I can see, for many other naval wargamers. The game breakers include involvement of CREW at impossible prices necessitating an increase and addition of such PERIPHERAL activities as FISHING for big fish and bottles, TRADING to gain gold and resources, GATHERING resources for crafting, SEARCHING for wrecks. (Have I missed one? Yes, I have: medikits; this redundant use of time and gold to make up for the OVERPRICED crews.)

As one clan member remarked, 'This is not supposed to be a simulation, this is supposed to be a WARGAME.' My clan spends more time trading and crafting, and less time interacting and acting together as a team in battles. Where are the fierce Pirate opponents? the gallant Frenchmen? the dour Dutchmen? the indomitable Spaniards?

From what I can see, there is LESS PvP action, FEWER battles, FEWER missions. Most people are gone fishing.

The game has become like a woman who has no time to make love, because she's always out shopping. :)

Let's put the game back on track. PLEASE.

Edited by Lannes
  • Like 2

These onerous changes have been reducing the pleasure of the game for me, for my clan and, from what I can see, for many other naval wargamers. The game breakers include involvement of CREW at impossible prices necessitating an increase and addition of such PERIPHERAL activities as FISHING for big fish and bottles, TRADING to gain gold and resources, GATHERING resources for crafting, SEARCHING for wrecks. (Have I missed one?)

As one clan member remarked, 'This is not supposed to be a simulation, this is supposed to be a WARGAME.' My clan spends more time trading and crafting, and less time interacting and acting together as a team in battles. Where are the fierce Pirate opponents? the gallant Frenchmen? the dour Dutchmen? the indomitable Spaniards?

From what I can see, there is LESS PvP action, FEWER battles, FEWER missions. Most people are gone fishing.

The game has become like a woman who has no time to make love, because she's always out shopping. :)

This IS NOT A WARGAME lol. Its a RvR pvp mmoRPG.

You may love empire total war. Very good battles large or small fleet battles and great graphics. No having to think or plan just pick a fleet and fight.

Seems most unhappy posters just want a prt battle simulator. I would LOVE to hear the devs future for this game.

Edited by Mrdoomed

These onerous changes have been reducing the pleasure of the game for me, for my clan and, from what I can see, for many other naval wargamers. The game breakers include involvement of CREW at impossible prices necessitating an increase and addition of such PERIPHERAL activities as FISHING for big fish and bottles, TRADING to gain gold and resources, GATHERING resources for crafting, SEARCHING for wrecks. (Have I missed one?)

I have plenty of combat.  Roaming heavy traffic areas or going south of Haiti and Jamaica to hunt Trader Lynxes using a Lynx, or running north towards the secret island.  Several fishing ships have become prizes.

• Like 2

I'm liking the role of traders becoming important for once.

Prior to this patch, most economy (if it could be called that) happened within clan circles. Everyone was hoarding hours because we all know that labor hours were (and to an extent, still are) the real currency of the game. Now that you need gold to buy crew, the importance of gold as currency has re-surfaced. Clans actually have to start interacting and trading with other players, trying to get good deals, actually caring about costs of materials instead of asking their new guys to go out and grind fleets (which made getting gold too easy, and drove inflation), and saving their gold as well as their labor hours to replace lost crewmembers. (forgetting about the exploit to get crew, for now, as it will be patched I hope)

I understand that most people would have been satisfied with just an arena style combat game. Many even said such during sea trials. Yet, the developers decided to add an economic/crafting aspect to the game and, despite its flaws, is really what drives the combat and gives it purpose. In other grinding combat games like WoT or War Thunder, every map is a fresh start. Every individual battle means nothing in the grand scheme of things. You, the player, are essentially insignificant. 

But in Naval Action, port battles (soon to be improved)actually have importance now, since tobacco isn't grown everywhere. Pirates are happy because they have something to hit on trade routes and are learning they don't actually need the ports, they just need to wait for people to come out of them, like proper pirates should be doing (gonna get flamed for that, probably). People aren't hiding in missions all the time grinding for money, they are actually spending more time out on the open seas, sailing (AFK fishing 10 feet from the ports is still somewhat of a problem, yes, but that can be addressed by the programmers). 

My only complaint as a trader, is that we would have more armed merchants in the game aside from just the gros venture and the indiaman, but I'm sure more will be added in the coming months. And diplomacy, please come soon. I want to get rid of this silly smuggler flag as soon as possible so I can trade with partners from other nations without having to worry about being tagged by every midshipman fresh off the docks.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 2