Game-Labs Forum

Hello Boyz!!!

What people do think about Niagara to be put back into shallow harbor battle?

He deserves it and it would not screw the balance of shallowpb as both Niagara, Snow, Mercury, Navybrig are valuable and can be use to full extent.
While he has no place into deep water harbor at all...

Edited by Kawa Ahangar

"Back" into shallow water battles. The ship has never been allowed into shallow water battles in the first place.  :)

I think the concern is that she may be a bit overpowered for that.  There is a new feature that will restrict port battles to different depth classes coming in shortly.  The bigger question will be which depth is she assigned to, and is that depth acceptable for her capabilities.

Connie is allowed into the medium PBs. And will most likely be the ship of choice if her HP and dmge absorption potential is still the same with the new dmge system.

Ingers atm are just not good enough to deal with well fought connies. Prove to be right yesterday in pewpew.

1v1 situation in which I rekt dat inger like no tomorrow..

to be clear. I mean pre 9.8

Connie is allowed into the medium PBs. And will most likely be the ship of choice if her HP and dmge absorption potential is still the same with the new dmge system.

Ingers atm are just not good enough to deal with well fought connies. Prove to be right yesterday in pewpew.

1vs.1 @ PvP =/= 25vs.25 @ PB

(pre or post 9.8)

Edited by vonKrimm

Port battles are not a 1v1 situation. It's group force that matters. And the Constitution is actually at a disadvantage to the Ingermanland when it comes to fire power and managing a line. Niagara however is by far the pinnacle of brigs atm with carronades that literally make Mercuries and Navy Brigs melt and 9lber longs that hold a clear advantage at range.  

Inger is definately not a DPS machine.

We fight 5v5s and more in constis cause inger is just too bad at dishing and receiving.

Sure the 32s punch a hole or two.

But the 15 x 24s are way better in sustained DPS than the 12 x 32s.

I stay by my saying.

The Conny in her current build is way stronger than the Inger.

I played the inger over a  month in pvp. Had small and big scale action. And the moment you put her in a line against more than 2 enemies your armour melts like ice in the sunshine.

Put her against a few connies and you will experience the same.

The situation I had yesterday was thus: 2 of our connies vs the inger (isolated). It was a 4 vs 6 (but effectively a 4vs4 since some of or enemies clicked out. including a pavel. The first 5 mins it was just me punishing the poor 4th rate. stern: gone. 60crew gone, sides at 85%. me? one side at maybe 80% when my mate came in to help me. That moment we maneuered on one side to make it an effective 2v1 you saw his one armour melt.

(and no we did not gank a sole inger. it just happened that the fight started in a weird way and we decided to overwhelm the 1st enemy asap to get a bit of breathing air against the others)

Conny however is a flatter target, has more HP and armour. punchs just as good as the inger. (jaja I know a bit less dmge but I dont see it vital)

i have one of them ingerms (maybe on the pve server but still) i dont mind the squishyness makes up for it in the handling but in some instances i do wish it could tank better kinda the same as she is in potbs  handles amazing less integ than the equal rates

I think the Niagara is, at present, best suited to be a screener for shallow water PBs. The problem is units in the screening force get shafted in PB exp and loot drops, so it is undervalued duty.

Give screeners the same reward chance as ships in the PBs, and I think we would see a much greater diversity of ship types and participation.