Game-Labs Forum

Ok sell me ( and others) on PVP 2

Simple. There are some who think those( or a portion)of players on PVP1 should migrate to PVP2.

If you are going to keep filling the forums with these demands, tell us why would should lose all the in game material items we worked hard for to start over on a near dead server? You want people to switch back, then make your case.

Also stupid question if someone goes to 2, doesn't like it and goes back to 1 will everything be gone?

Money is insanely easy to make. If you can't make a couple million a week then you're not trying.

PVP2 isn't dead. We've had more PVP since people switched than before. It's become more concentrated. It feels like the people that mostly wanted to do PVE have left.

If you don't want to switch, don't. If you do, all your stuff will still be on PVP1 if you ever decide to go back.

Money is insanely easy to make. If you can't make a couple million a week then you're not trying.

PVP2 isn't dead. We've had more PVP since people switched than before. It's become more concentrated. It feels like the people that mostly wanted to do PVE have left.

If you don't want to switch, don't. If you do, all your stuff will still be on PVP1 if you ever decide to go back.

The issue is there are certain players trying to get people back, but they are not making a good case for it, only that more people are needed. This is simply an oppertunity for them to sell the server so to speak.

As far as server pop, when I log in at my typical playtime 8:30-10:00 pmeastren time the population is always stated as low.

I dont see anyone ( other than me) advocating for players to go from 1 to 2 it been the other way BUT that said from the hundreds of post from people complaining of the pirate hoard on pvp1 then comming to pvp2 would be your heaven because pirates are a tiny population.

Money and assets are easy to get ,so that shouldn't take long to make back but in pvp2 being smaller FOR NOW it gives you or any player or clan to make a name for themselves and be a pivotal part of your faction instead of just another weed in the garden.

Everyone knows im all about getting more players to this server since we lost hundreds to knee jerk reactions. Plus if you dont like it you can go back. Im sure ive seen peolle saying they play both.

Oh and in MY PERSONAL OPINION ( this is not a fact just an opinion ) from reading the forums and who posts what and my experience in talking to lots of people in pvp2 our player base seems a bit more easy going and light harded and so angry. When i fight the enemy (who know me by name now lol ) we have great battle chats and fun ribbing each other.

Edited by Mrdoomed

The issue is there are certain players trying to get people back, but they are not making a good case for it, only that more people are needed. This is simply an oppertunity for them to sell the server so to speak.

I'd say you can safely ignore them. PVP2 doesn't really need more players. The ones there appear to be staying, and appear to like fighting. 

That said, I think folks in Oceania would have a better experience on PVP2 due to the lower latency.

I dont see anyone ( other than me) advocating for players to go from 1 to 2 it been the other way BUT that said from the hundreds of post from people complaining of the pirate hoard on pvp1 then comming to pvp2 would be your heaven because pirates are a tiny population.

Money and assets are easy to get ,so that shouldn't take long to make back but in pvp2 being smaller FOR NOW it gives you or any player or clan to make a name for themselves and be a pivotal part of your faction instead of just another weed in the garden.

Everyone knows im all about getting more players to this server since we lost hundreds to knee jerk reactions. Plus if you dont like it you can go back. Im sure ive seen peolle saying they play both.

Oh and in MY PERSONAL OPINION ( this is not a fact just an opinion ) from reading the forums and who posts what and my experience in talking to lots of people in pvp2 our player base seems a bit more easy going and light harded and so angry. When i fight the enemy (who know me by name now lol ) we have great battle chats and fun ribbing each other.

Don't forget about Bert, he's been pretty vocal as well.

Really there is no cost to trying other servers. You don't have to delete anything or even think of it as a "move".

Sign in.

Select PVP2.

Make a new character.

Futz around.

Do not delete your PVP1 character. It will still be there.

Any XP you make on any server carries over to all other servers. You do not have to pick the same nation or do anything to make this happen. XP is part of your Steam account, not your particular character.

- Want easy rank? Fleets on PVP2 are usually uncontested. Tons of open sea fleets floating around with nobody to kill them.

- Want easy craft XP? PVP2 ports are full of resources that nobody is buying for minimum NPC prices. Blueprints will not carry over but XP will.

- Want some piracy? Show up and start hunting the people who are doing the above 2 things. There are still hotspots of activity on PVP2 if you're familiar enough with the game's layout to know where to look.

The only real downside to playing multiple servers is that initial startup phase. If someone can transfer you a 1 durability 3rd rate or something then it's real quick to get going.

Really there is no cost to trying other servers. You don't have to delete anything or even think of it as a "move".

Sign in.

Select PVP2.

Make a new character.

Futz around.

Do not delete your PVP1 character. It will still be there.

Any XP you make on any server carries over to all other servers. You do not have to pick the same nation or do anything to make this happen. XP is part of your Steam account, not your particular character.

- Want easy rank? Fleets on PVP2 are usually uncontested. Tons of open sea fleets floating around with nobody to kill them.

- Want easy craft XP? PVP2 ports are full of resources that nobody is buying for minimum NPC prices. Blueprints will not carry over but XP will.

- Want some piracy? Show up and start hunting the people who are doing the above 2 things. There are still hotspots of activity on PVP2 if you're familiar enough with the game's layout to know where to look.

The only real downside to playing multiple servers is that initial startup phase. If someone can transfer you a 1 durability 3rd rate or something then it's real quick to get going.

Yah we jumped to pv1 from pv2 to try it out. We wanted to pick an underdog nation so we went with swedes. While all the guys from sweden have been very generous they pretty much got their southern ports rolled this last weekend. It's very hard to get any type of production going with the lack of ports so I've just been capping connie's and 3rds but it doesn't help much when PB's are filled with Vic's, santi's, Pav's, and a few bellona's. 3rd's are about obsolete. Not to mention internal strife within the nation with some clans just attacking whomever causing us to lose more ports.

I'm pretty much at a "whatever" attitude and eagerly await a port wipe while I keep crafting on pv2.

Yah we jumped to pv1 from pv2 to try it out. We wanted to pick an underdog nation so we went with swedes. While all the guys from sweden have been very generous they pretty much got their southern ports rolled this last weekend. It's very hard to get any type of production going with the lack of ports so I've just been capping connie's and 3rds but it doesn't help much when PB's are filled with Vic's, santi's, Pav's, and a few bellona's. 3rd's are about obsolete. Not to mention internal strife within the nation with some clans just attacking whomever causing us to lose more ports.

I'm pretty much at a "whatever" attitude and eagerly await a port wipe while I keep crafting on pv2.

Plus you all have been getting rolled by Denmark lol... but in all seriousness, I love pvp2 and don't want the pvp1 people here, pvp2 actually has community and fun. To the people who complain about lack of pvp move out of Charleston take the fight to the enemy and you will have more pvp than you want.

Plus you all have been getting rolled by Denmark lol... but in all seriousness, I love pvp2 and don't want the pvp1 people here, pvp2 actually has community and fun. To the people who complain about lack of pvp move out of Charleston take the fight to the enemy and you will have more pvp than you want.

Yeah pvp2 really has a community. Friend and enemy alike are mostly good people ( exept jerks like me) but i wont mind people from pvp1 comming over. I just hope the right guys come and not the ones who constantly have issues.

I kinda think with the low population and devotion to pvp here that only a person who probably shares pvp2s interest will come.

I want to welcome all who come, even if we sink each other.

Yeah pvp2 really has a community. Friend and enemy alike are mostly good people ( exept jerks like me) but i wont mind people from pvp1 comming over. I just hope the right guys come and not the ones who constantly have issues.

I kinda think with the low population and devotion to pvp here that only a person who probably shares pvp2s interest will come.

I want to welcome all who come, even if we sink each other.

Almost tempting to hunt you down and sink you lol.

As mentioned there is no cost to using PVP 2. The ping may be lower for players in the western hemi, although the ping doesn't make a difference to most. There is always a chance the PVP1 is full ... someday.

I suppose it's primarily just nice to have the choice. Let's hope we always have a choice rather than being forced into something.

I like both servers.

A high ranked mission is 50k for 20 minutes.

150k an hour.

20 hours to make 3 million (ie a couple of)

3 hours a day grinding missions.

Is that trying? It's definitely trying.

A high ranked mission is 50k for 20 minutes.

150k an hour.

20 hours to make 3 million (ie a couple of)

3 hours a day grinding missions.

Is that trying? It's definitely trying.

Hit big fleets with a couple of other big ships and you can nearly double those numbers.

2-3 fleets in a bunch with 6 x 3rds + all their support ships only takes half an hour, maybe 40 minutes for a couple of 1st rates to kill and you get over 200k gold out of it.

not overcrowded is a big one, also a smaller community you get to know a lot of people

you can sail off to ports and still buy stuff in decent quantities and prices from npcs

at least on britain we've got public crafters who will make you ships for the mats and a donation

got a public gold upgrade maker too now

nobody lacks for pvp, its just not every where you go all the time, but if you head for one of the confict areas, you'll find it

the small nations (dutch, france, spain, scandinavians) are pretty much dormant but people could wake em back up.

us/pirate/gb has pvp every day, port battles etc

Edited by Captain