Game-Labs Forum

The First NA Society "Tattered Flags" is Now Recruiting

We are still looking for a few good PvE guys to fill our remaining slots. We are looking for the kind that like to be given missions and take long sails. Your know the, simulator types. That would be the best fit. If your interested let me know. In game I am Thomas Pain.

Hello,

I am a new captain, but would like to join a group of people that play the game regularly. I have no problem with missions or long sails, but would first need to be guided through the game a bit. I also sent you a friend invite in game, and my name in game is Emrie.

If you have any other questions for me please let me know.

Spitfire 

I wrote you on our website Malasuerte. We require that you have access to TS if you are to be a part of our pvp branch. I sent you the info on the website. Log on and say hi and we will get to your application right away. All looks good there.

Yesterday was our nations pride and joy, the Constitution's birthday. I wish to say Happy Birthday to Ole' Iron sides. She is now the oldest active duty ship in the world still floating, and she is now as of a few weeks ago, the only commissioned ship in the US navy to have sunk another ship in war.

I had the pleasure to stand on her deck today and read the story of her fight with the Guerierre from the book "Perilous Fight" by Stephen Budiansky.

The ship is up on blocks in the original dry dock she was launched from. They are allowing visitors to the ship to engrave their names on the copper plating that will be used to replace the old. I signed two names. Myself and Tattered Flags. Shortly our clan will become a part of that historical ship in a simple symbolic gesture.

Now if someone would just sell me a pixel replicate of her....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Join Now!

The American Fleet, Tattered Flags is now recruiting

pvp, econ, limited pve

When the enemy presses in hard we want men that will not fear, for we know that no weapon formed against us shall prosper.

Sons of Gentleman need not apply. Experience is not a requirement but ambition is.

If you cannot return to your mothers womb, you better learn to be a good fighter.

Join today!

The shivering of our enemies masts will be the barometer of their fear.

Sail with us and you will not only make history but you will make Legend!

Don't let it be said of you that you have a deficiency of judgment.

He who hesitates, meditates from a horizontal position (EP)

Join today!

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” – Sun Tzu

Most of the Trafalgars that have been held in the past have always been held early in the day. The bulk of our membership are night owls and don't start playing till 8est even on weekends.

Ill pass your request around and Ill see if I can raise any interest within the ranks that play earlier.

While I understand most of us are night owls, the Trafs are at 4 PM EDT...it's not THAT early :)  I could understand west coasters not being able to play at that time, but for east coasters it shouldn't be that hard to logon for just 1 hour.

Btw we have a guy from New Zealand that sets hit alarm clock and gets up at 8 AM to do Traf.  Oh well, had some great fun doing the joint ops last week! 

Edited by Booyaah
  • Like 1

Well, I can't speak for anyone else but I doubt Ill set an alarm clock for a Trafalgar battle. I don't mind risking ships but I kind of want a purpose for it. Without purpose, I'm less inclined to set my clock. Ill set it all day long to defend a port. Otherwise, I'm just not home at that time usually. On my days off I visit a friend during the day and am no where near a computer and hes not a gamer in the least. When I'm working my schedule can be different everyday so planning is nearly impossible.

But I must say you are making me interested in doing some. I thought they were like sea trials where the teams were random and not decided before the match. I hate that kind of pvp. I want everyone on TS, coordinated attacks, tactics, etc which is hard to come by in a pug match. Its sounds by what you say, that teams can actually be arranged?

Purpose?  Weekly bragging rights I guess?  Good fleet practice against real opponents?  I would say if you like pvp, a 20v20 battle is some of the most fun you can have...yes the large battle events feel just like old school Sea Trials combat.  A chance to sink admin, brits, pirates, or capt bubbles is plenty of incentive for me.

Also they changed the ROE recently so all members of the same nation get put on the same team instead of the teams being completely random.  Both sides are on Dutch TS, so the comms for the entire battle is pretty much already organized.  We've been doing this for ~6 months now I'd say...the event is pretty much on auto pilot now.

Check out this thead: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/6036-arranged-weekend-trafalgars-anyone/page-20

Anyways I'll stop pulling a Dana White on your recruiting thread, cya this weekend TF!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tattered Flags is no longer open recruiting for any pvp positions. We still have econ slots and 5 pve slots up for grabs.

Members of TF can still bring in their friends. We have room for them up to a point.

Others that are still interested in joining will still be considered. The selection for interested Captains is more rigorous now and you must be able to prove your value and not just claim to be pvp oriented. An application should still be filled out if your interested in being a part of the team but at that point we will come to you after certain criteria are met, the first of which includes sponsorship by someone in the clan already.

• 2 weeks later...