Game-Labs Forum

And noob of the year award goes to.... Captain Long Beard

Long Beard

Sometimes you just gave to laugh at yourself. Sometimes you feel like such a noob you have to share it so others can laugh at you too. Kinda makes you feel like you deserved it. I deserve this one.

So...

Yes, cast my eye over a few posts when I 1st started playing with people talking about Naval Action and EA.  I made the assumption (without much thought) that Electronic Arts had somehow gotten on board with this game, perhaps as a publisher or something. It sat in the back of my mind and just rested there.

Only today when I was typing in something about Early Access and I abbreviated it to EA did the penny drop. It dropped hard. I laughed.

Laugh@me please. I deserve it!

• Like 13

Add me to the noob of the year, lol. When battling enemies, I like to do a little trash talking, nothing very bad. I just found out last night that anything blue is our side only. So my apologies to any pirates I've insulted over the past 4 months lol.

After a very long day and night we had a pb against the spanish at Misteriosa. I was so tired I just followed all the ships into port, didn't understand why I couldn't dock up. Until I realized the entire teamspeak channel was yelling at me, asking what I was doing. Turns out all the ships I followed to port were enemy ships and the port hostile. The spanish were good sports though and allowed me to turn around and sail home. Bet they had a good laugh too. :)

• Like 2

It took me way too many small-battles to realise that that one bloke "Blood" was actually an AI player and not a human.

And I was actually greeting him in every game I saw him saying things like "Hey Blood, nice seeing you again." He never replied back so I just thought he was a quietish type of guy, but also someone who would always just go straight at the enemy without caring whether he lost his ship. A Team Player - not a very good player, but someone you wouldn't mind having on your team.

Once I accidentally crashed into him and said something along the lines of "oh crap sorry Blood," thinking he was going to start cursing me in game, but he just went on with his business. 

Felt quite silly when I realised he was just a bot.

• Like 2

It took me way too many small-battles to realise that that one bloke "Blood" was actually an AI player and not a human.

And I was actually greeting him in every game I saw him saying things like "Hey Blood, nice seeing you again." He never replied back so I just thought he was a quietish type of guy, but also someone who would always just go straight at the enemy without caring whether he lost his ship. A Team Player - not a very good player, but someone you wouldn't mind having on your team.

Once I accidentally crashed into him and said something along the lines of "oh crap sorry Blood," thinking he was going to start cursing me in game, but he just went on with his business. 

Hey I wouldn't worry about that one. I did exactly the same since he had rank and all. After he kept popping up the same day I asked experienced clannies if AI were in small battles. They said no so I assumed it was a real player. I looked him up in chat but got no hits. Clannies said they thought small battles were cross server.  He started turning up in my missions again a few months later. Wasn't until he spawned in an identical ship that I started to really suspect. In that mission I even boarded him thinking he was a player with heart beating fast lol.  Penny dropped when it became too frequent to be a coincidence. This time though I blamed my clan :D

LMAO you Sir made absolutely my day with this story ROFL

I thank you for that and wish you the best ;)