Game-Labs Forum

PvP2: Tales of France

Slamz

If it's content then switch servers will not change that, will it?  If it's low server population....why do you think it got so low?  You can say the grind or content, but the truth is that the largest groups just sat around for about a month, only making safe moves and only fighting battles that had guaranteed wins.  That is why the risky French have only seen a roughly 10% drop in population while other nations are losing 50% or more.  All nations play the same game and have the same content, so the real difference is the strategy and the realization that fun is more important than ports. 

I have witnessed many British and others nations risky moves, British going to aves was very risky, same with fred and the Antilles in general, same with the Yucatan and with the Americans coming down to saint nic and the pirates attacking saint marc and saint nic... there are a lot of risky moves not just by the french.

I took my Victory from PR to Fred for the port battle, that is a risky move, same with us going to mort town and parrot cay with 3 Victories and doing 3 battles one after the other.

Edited by Lord Roberts

The French have been hold up in the corner of the map for most of the game.

The antilles is a relatively fun area precisely because you don't have to sail for an hour to get anywhere.

I think that as you have to travel further and further to do anything you will discover just what the brits did.... its not fun at all.

The map is certainly not the same game for all nations.

I do wish you the best of luck though.

There are undoubtedly plenty of ports that you guys can expand to ;)

• Like 1

I have witnessed many British and others nation risky moves, British going to aves was very risky, same with fred and the Antilles in general, same with the Yucatan and with the Americans coming down to saint nic and the pirates attacking saint marc and saint nic... there are a lot of risky moves not just by the french.

I took my Victory from PR to Fred for the port battle, that is a risky move, same with us going to mort town and parrot cay with 3 Victories and doing 3 battles one after the other.

One day of risky moves does not create fun for a month.  You cite 4 singular events....what about the other 27+ days?  If I recall British behavior around Vieques (one of your risks) for several days your fleet just sat in port for hours with one ship waiting outside as bait.  France took the bait a few times knowing that your main force was hiding in port.... that was a risk.  Siting in port and waiting for another nation to make a strategic mistake by taking the bait....I see no risk in that.  You just wasted the fun factor for your people cause you were afraid to fight when there wasn't an advantage and you didn't have overwhelming numbers.  I would stop playing if I was told that I had to wait in port for hours.  

Edited by Arbour
  • Like 3

One day of risky moves does not create fun for a month.  You cite 4 singular events....what about the other 27+ days?  If I recall British behavior around Vieques (one of your risks) for several days your fleet just sat in port for hours with one ship waiting outside as bait.  France took the bait a few times knowing that your main force was hiding in port.... that was a risk.  Siting in port and waiting for another nation to make a strategically mistake by taking the bait....I see no risk in that.  You just wasted the fun factor for your people cause you were afraid to fight when there wasn't a risk and you didn't have overwhelming numbers.  I would stop playing if I was told that I had to wait in port for hours.  

I never once have told my guys in SOB to hide in a port so we can spring a trap or whatever, I honestly had nothing to do with the Vieques ordeal apart from taking Fred and 1 Swedish port, SOB sorta trickled out and focused on defending against the pirates in Haiti.

I don't know what you find risky or fun, maybe you guys taking 8 undefended ports in a row is fun and risky to you guys, but for us we wanted to attack defended ports, why SOB stopped overly expanding and only focusing on the area we knew we could successfully operate in without spreading too far out. I can't speak for the other clans.

Edited by Lord Roberts

I don't know what you find risky or fun, maybe you guys taking 8 undefended ports in a row is fun and risky to you guys. 

It isn't fun, but we thought it would provoke a response from the brits other than quitting.  And how else could we have taken the ports....brits set the port windows to times that guarantee there wouldn't be a fight.  Why are you blaming France for taking ports during the port windows that were set by you and your nation?

Edited by Arbour
  • Like 1

You guys don't learn a thing....ports don't matter. 

Uuummmm, you guys did create a thread boasting about taking 8 ports in 1 day and hold it against other nations, especially britain about how you guys are taking ports all the time

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12411-port-capture-records-all-servers/

It isn't fun, but we thought it would provoke a response from the brits other than quitting.  And how else could we have taken the ports....brits set the port windows to times that guarantee there wouldn't be a fight.  Why are you blaming Franch for taking ports during the port windows that were set by you and your nation?

But you took those ports? obviously the timers were not set at a time when you could not have any members on. I personally have not blamed france for anything nor have I witnessed it, and what would you be blamed for in the first place? taking ports? that's part of the time, you have that right to take them.

Edited by Lord Roberts

Things were just starting to get good for the Pirates, Britain, France, Sweden, and anyone else sailing around Hispanoila, which is why British players switching to PvP1 pisses me off. There was about to be a lot of action every night, and there still will be, but it won't be as even with British players leaving. Action was coming to Britain's gates and they certainly had enough big ships and players to meet it, but instead... they leave?

• Like 3

But you took those ports? obviously the timers were not set at a time when you could not have any members on. I personally have not blamed france for anything nor have I witnessed it, and what would you be blamed for in the first place? taking ports? that's part of the time, you have that right to take them.

Yes we took them, so?  I don't see the point in you saying that we took ports, were we not to?  What is Britain going to do about it?  Apparently they are leaving. We reset the timers to prime time.  If you are looking for a fight, there is your fight, there is your content.  You want fights, you have to facilitate them.  Setting port windows to the least populated times....that is how you avoid fights.  Setting them to prime time....that is how you create large battles.  You want fights, come to the La Mona area before the bulk of the French move on, you'll have your content you say doesn't exist.  

Maybe even if you stick around the area, instead of just showing up for the port battle, blobbing around and then leaving after a single port battle, maybe then you will have your fights.  Again, the reason you have not had content is that you have strategicly avoided said content that you claim you want. 
Edited by Arbour

Yes we took them, so?  I don't see the point in you saying that we took ports, were we not to?  What is Britain going to do about it?  Apparently they are leaving. We reset the timers to prime time.  If you are looking for a fight, there is your fight, there is your content.  You want fights, you have to facilitate them.  Setting port windows to the least populated times....that is how you avoid fights.  Setting them to prime time....that is how you create large battles.  You want fights, come to the La Mona area before the bulk of the French move on, you'll have your content you say doesn't exist.  

Maybe even if you stick around the area, instead of just showing up for the port battle, blobbing around and then leaving after a single port battle, maybe then you will have your fights.  Again, the reason you have not had content is that you have strategicly avoided said content that you claim you want. 

This is becoming pointless, you seem to be wanting arguments and refuse to put forward a constructive reply, I am going to go do something else now, enjoy your yourself mate.

I don't want arguments, I want fights in-game.  But then the enemy up and quits because they are bored cause they have been avoiding fights.....that is my point.  You claim there is no content, but I have pointed to several examples where Britain could have content, but instead they strategically avoided it because it was safe.  

If you can't see how things for your clan and your nation would have been different if you would have done:

1.) set port timers to prime times

2.) patrolled borders outside of the port windows

3.) made continuous assaults lasting days, not just one-and-done attacks

Those are the 3 reasons you don't have content.  Those are the 3 reasons you and your clan is bored.  And if you switch to a different server and still do those things....then the same result is inevitable.  

• Like 1

This is becoming pointless, you seem to be wanting arguments and refuse to put forward a constructive reply, I am going to go do something else now, enjoy your yourself mate.

One of the most pointless things out there is replying to someone with the intent to inform them of your lack of desire to reply to them... Next time just don't reply and do something else, otherwise people might think you are looking for attention or something...

• Like 2

Cowards, there is nothing to say. They claim they left PVP2 for battles, but they never showed up for them... 

I remember your british clans gloating "we will win against France without fighting" two days before Fredricks. You thought one port assault where you guys fled, and a bunch of timers set in the morning would stop people? No. So, since you couldn't win ... you left.

• Like 1

It's like talking to a brick wall.

"There is nothing to do on this server so we are leaving."

"Well why have you avoided doing things?  You could have don't this and this and this."

"Ugh, you don't get it the game doesn't hand me content, and there is no way to get it otherwise"

"But what about this, don't you see that doing what you have been doing is avoiding content, not creating it"

"This is all pointless you are just arguing"

I swear.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. 

• Like 2

Here my my opinion on this all.

The British and American Clans did not go to PVP 1 because they ran or were scared of the french or pirates or whatever other reason you think is true, the real reason is the population has been dropping badly, near 2-3 weeks ago the server pop was at around 800-900 and even 1k at peak, now it is at around 300-400.

Should we stick it out on PVP2 and sail around for hours looking for PVP? Should we be forced to leave when and if a merge finally comes?

People have gone to PVP1 because it's more exciting and entertaining, there is constant PVP around nearly every port, which can not be said for PVP2 at all, in PVP1 you can sail anywhere and find an enemy ship to attack.

You may believe we were scared and that is the reason people left but that is simply not true, but I can not tell you what you can say so you can believe what you wish. 

We have gone to the British on PVP1 which are getting destroyed by the pirates and Dutch, we didn't go over here to join a superior side and dominate all the battles, if we wanted that we would join the pirates which we did not.

If the content is not there that is not the leaders fault, that is either the server you are on that has terrible population or the game itself lacking meaningful content.

The french, pirates and US brought pvp against britain, yall are just running.

Things were just starting to get good for the Pirates, Britain, France, Sweden, and anyone else sailing around Hispanoila, which is why British players switching to PvP1 pisses me off. There was about to be a lot of action every night, and there still will be, but it won't be as even with British players leaving. Action was coming to Britain's gates and they certainly had enough big ships and players to meet it, but instead... they leave?

Exactly this. The brits act tough when shitting on someone but as soon as they get pushback they flee.

Their reasoning to go to a larger server is a valid argument...but there were many other alternatives! As you say, Hispaniola was JUST becoming a battlefield, whether it's coincidence or not that the Brits decide to go to PvP1 (a few clans) still makes it seem like they are running away from the hard fight.

I know a good few in Britain who are really good players and PvP well, but it saddens me to hear the cheap excuse of wanting to find PvP, when it's now right at their doorstep.

• Like 1

You have all used your elite social skills, witty repartee, and pleasant company, to win us over.

Congratulations... enjoy fighting one another on your almost empty server ;)

We will, there is bound to be some clan or nation on this server the can fight a war for longer than a couple days.  Our only challenge is to find them. 

I consider myself a more casual player. Started the game on feb 1 and have about 200 hours into it.

Personally, I would love to PVP more, but I simply don't have the time to sail very far every night to do it. My tp is rarely ready so setting up the outpost there didn't do me a lot of good. I don't think I've ever played long enough in one sitting to use my tp twice.

One of the draws to pvp1 that I see is that players don't have to travel as far to get to the fight. At least the Brits don't.

I eventually abandoned the outpost in vieques because whenever I went, the French/sweds were in force and I was usually alone. I have since set up an outpost in sunbury and have had some great 1v1 fights. Probably the most fun is 1v3 or 1v4 against midshipmen in cutters. Myself also in a basic cutter. I can usually sink one or two before I go down, but I can also tell a difference in skill between the players at the beginning of the match compared to end. Happy to teach people by fire.

We'll see how the sunbury thing goes, but I'm likely to switch to pvp1 simply so I don't have to travel as far for a fight.