Game-Labs Forum

Port Capture records all servers

mandrake

Hi all i was just wondering what the port capture records are for each of the servers.

Currently i only know the US PVP 2 server which has resently been set at 8 ports in 1 day by the french.

but i do wonder what records the other servers hold and what country holds them and if the PVP 2 server currently holds the Naval action record or if we are in 2nd or 3rd place.

call it a nice way to have a Raivaly between servers & nations on each server.

• Like 1

yes saying you took 20 ports in a day requires some proof as ours is easy to prove as it just happened.

but yes if you have nothing more constructive to add maybe go to another thread and troll that. this is a thread for all 3 servers not a lord roberts cry fest.

i am asking about who has taken most ports per server not how they were taken. 

• Like 1

yes saying you took 20 ports in a day requires some proof as ours is easy to prove as it just happened.

but yes if you have nothing more constructive to add maybe go to another thread and troll that. this is a thread for all 3 servers not a lord roberts cry fest.

i am asking about who has taken most ports per server not how they were taken. 

I guess I put my comment the wrong way, I have never taken 20 ports but near around 6-7 in one day.

And have a cry mate, I am not trolling at all, do your hating somewhere else mate, it's not cool or edgy. I have been good with my responding and being respectful in the last 2 days and you go and try start shit again, don't talk shit without an actual reason next time MATE!

Edited by Lord Roberts

12 ports in one day is impressive.  Great work!

I have only ever participated in a couple port battles as I did not find their current state (mechanics) entertaining.  I enjoy PvP when I can find it.

Good stuff guys.

tsavolrae

It's a pointless challenge.

Capping an undefended port take 12-13 mins.

What are we trying to prove... which server has the most undefended ports? 

It's not a "challenge," he is asking a question.  He's curious as to how many have been done.  It's simple, not need to get all bent about it. 

Also, I reported this response as it is a violation of the new National News rules.  Off-Topic and complaining. 

Edited by Arbour

It's not a "challenge," he is asking a question.  He's curious as to how many have been done.  It's simple, not need to get all bent about it. 

Also, I reported this response as it is a violation of the new National News rules.  Off-Topic and complaining. 

I was observing that its a pointless measurement that doesn't provide any rivalry between nations, since it only indicates how Undefended ports are.

Neither off topic, or a complaint.

If you feel the need to report that, well grats... enjoy yourself.

i would like to note that if a port is defended or not is up to the defender not the attacker. who is to say that you cant capture 8 or 12 defended ports in a single day. that is a assumption.

still records are there to be set and beaten so i would rather hear of those interested in beating records :) and what records are set.

we did it once in cuba and haiti and that was really boring and a waste of gold, also over extending sucks as the more ports you have the more ports you need to defend.

Glad to see British players finally coming around. Now if only the Americans would too.

I think a lot of it was the "POTBS" mentality coming into NA. In POTBS you won a map by taking the most ports. In NA all that does is paint dots in the Carribean. One could argue eliminating all of one type of enemy port makes you "safer" but that just an illusion. All it really does is stop them from repainting the same useless dots you just painted. Enemies can continue raiding and blockading your ports from the Free Cities that they were probably already basing out of anyway. So in the end neither of you is PB pvping and your the one that got stuck spending all the gold for it.

I'm not sure how we will ever beat that type of thinking. The real win is in only taking the ports you need and in leaving enough open corridors so would be enemy nations can still reach and fight each other. No offense intended but the following are the three dumbest strategic moves I have seen so far in this game:

#1 - Britain taking the entire center of the map there by setting themselves up to be fought on all sides.

#2 - USA stomping the pirates out of the Bahamas, Spain from Cuba and then the French out of the Gulf thereby sealing themselves into boredom that was destined to lose players.

#3 - Absolutely no nations willing to take a chance on diplomacy and leaving any other nation a flag anywhere near there home areas. Paranoia is the only winner there. I'm talking about the Brits taking all of French Haiti and the French refusing to leave pirate ports or the lone WIS port.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

If you feel it is a pointless measurement, that's fine.  Then just move along and don't give it much thought.  The OP is asking for information from other servers besides PvP2, so this is more of a "competition" between servers than one between nations.  I wouldn't even call it a competition; it's just facts.  If reporting facts and asking for facts is meaningless, then why even respond?  Just ignore it, and if it is truly meaningless it will drop off the first page, but responding bumps it to the top so you are acting counter to your own point.  These types of responses are exactly the type of behavior the moderators said they will, and should, be cracking down on.  Just bitterness for bitterness' sake. 

I don't see any harm in this post at all.  It is creating content and info and "competitions" that is not essentially part of the game mechanics.  It's an added goal/level to the game, if you so choose.  

• Like 3

If you feel it is a pointless measurement, that's fine.  Then just move along and don't give it much thought.  The OP is asking for information from other servers besides PvP2, so this is more of a "competition" between servers than one between nations.  I wouldn't even call it a competition; it's just facts.  If reporting facts and asking for facts is meaningless, then why even respond?  Just ignore it, and if it is truly meaningless it will drop off the first page, but responding bumps it to the top so you are acting counter to your own point.  These types of responses are exactly the type of behavior the moderators said they will, and should, be cracking down on.  Just bitterness for bitterness' sake. 

I don't see any harm in this post at all.  It is creating content and info and "competitions" that is not essentially part of the game mechanics.  It's an added goal/level to the game, if you so choose.  

Pot -> Kettle