Game-Labs Forum

General Rant

I keep seeing those post about dev are in the wrong direction, they should change this and this to appeal to broader audience, how much money they want to lose until this is changed blah blah blah... Basically critizing their business model...

To this i say: your opinion about how dev make money and how much is none of your business, and stop trying to change the game based on your idea of business success....

We are not share holders, we have no clue how their business is run, they made a product, warned you it was a work in progress, they even stated time and time again that money was not an issue for them, you bought the game, you are free to play it or not, and since it`s still in devellopement you get to chance to help in the direction it`s going.

This will always be a niche product, different of others and will never have the appeal of AAA games, and, for one im totally ok with that. Other niche product got even less appeal than this and are still doing ok. People stil come up with add on for Flight Simulator over 10 year after the last version came out, Train simulator has even less gameplay appeal and it`s doing OK, same is true for Euro and American Truck Simulator.

Enjoy slow gaming and make this better...

/end rant

• Like 15

Meh..... keep your mouth shut or quit?  Boggles....     Why even invite testers if that's what you want?   Healthy discussion of what matters to players is important.  If they don't care what players want, why even have forums? If indeed we don't matter - they will not make it in this business long.   I seriously doubt this is their attitude.     -111111111

my point wasn`t that you coudn`t debate or bring ideas, I was saying that you shouldnt base your argument stricly in financial term, If you want something changed bring new ideas and explanations, just saying :  this sux they should changed because they gonna lose tons of cash, is not valid....

And yes i do know it`s a MMO, and it need players, but if it`s sandbox for us, it`s sandbox for them, if the MMO doesn`t work they could really well turn it to to PVE only experience (already done) or even a single player game (hinted before)...

As for being a kiss ass... well i do like this game, i do think dev did a very good job, not perfect, but a game over an era that i liked for over 20 years and there no other in this genre... Being a kiss ass would mean that i would get some benefit from them in return and i failed how that would happen as this is a game and not RL.

Edited by ulysse77
  • Like 1

Keep combat and handling in combat with the dynamics we know. Keep it very challenging ( like a proper niche sim ) but not overly technical. Keep it historical and wherever possible cut the arcade corners. Yes, so far great job and will welcome any changes.

Regarding OW, this is where the community gets interesting and throw all kinds of ideas. Some of them are really good others are simply very individual "this idea would make the game awesome for me".

All in all great debates come from great ideas. Petty disrespect from egotistical suggestions.

Keep feeding the hamsters with quality food. Don't get cheap.

• Like 1

I keep seeing those post about dev are in the wrong direction, they should change this and this to appeal to broader audience, how much money they want to lose until this is changed blah blah blah... Basically critizing their business model...

To this i say: your opinion about how dev make money and how much is none of your business, and stop trying to change the game based on your idea of business success....

We are not share holders, we have no clue how their business is run, they made a product, warned you it was a work in progress, they even stated time and time again that money was not an issue for them, you bought the game, you are free to play it or not, and since it`s still in devellopement you get to chance to help in the direction it`s going.

This will always be a niche product, different of others and will never have the appeal of AAA games, and, for one im totally ok with that. Other niche product got even less appeal than this and are still doing ok. People stil come up with add on for Flight Simulator over 10 year after the last version came out, Train simulator has even less gameplay appeal and it`s doing OK, same is true for Euro and American Truck Simulator.

Enjoy slow gaming and make this better...

/end rant

No disrespect, but your post is kind of contradicting itself.

Basically you're saying 'don't have an opinion', 'stop trying to change the game', yet you 'get a chance to help the direction it's going'. 

As well as stress & bug testing, player feedback & opinions are precisely what developers need / want in an alpha. Some of it might be whiny BS, without any merit, but the devs are able to sift through the BS and see issues that really do matter.  

You've got to keep in mind that whilst players don't have shares, they do invest a large portion of their time into the game and many care passionately enough about it to want to see things move in a positive direction. Providing ideas, opinions, and feedback is the ONLY way they can do it.  Some people just have an inability to do it in a positive and constructive way.

• Like 2

All voices deserve to be heard. One man's opinion is no better or worse than an others. I'm sure to some how much money they make from a product is vehemently important. To others perhaps not as important as the quality of the product. I'm sure the makers of many of our favorite old games did not get rich, but they had the satisfaction of knowing they created a masterpiece.

Games with no player base or income do not get patched or improved for very long.  Servers & new ideas cost money.  Development basically ends when income or investment stops..  Unless these guys are all eccentric millionaires,  it does matter.   How many players are willing to pay to play does matter.    Esoteric ideals do not satisfy the bill collectors.   I like the game... Hell, I really think it has potential.    It still has some issues IMO. (lack of population for gameplay experience is probably the biggest right now)  If I didn't like it I would move on and not bother to post concerns here.   I have tested many games in development. One thing I have learned over those experiences.   Those willing to post their concerns (whatever form it takes)  IMO are far more valuable than entrenched fanboiz.

• Like 1

they could very well be eccentric millionaires for all we know....

They started develloping this over two years ago if not three....

They went to limited sea trials, and stop sales for over 6 months after 7000 keys, even after people beg for keys

The pushed steam EA for over 6 month after OW, again after being begged daily for it.

They stood to apple on the other game they made.

They made no publicity outside some facebook. I`m pretty sure they also requested most gaming reviewer to hold until some polish is added

I`m just saying don`t try to change their mind on something just based on income, use other arguments...

Edited by ulysse77

As involved as these devs seem to be in our opinions and the game it seems to me that it was a few guys who REALLY wanted to play a game like this and after years of nobody doing it they said well lets do it. They probably decided to sell it to make s few bucks amd have others to play with and are not interested in making a carebear , easy bake oven game for the masses of instant gratification plebs.

• Like 2

I've been playing MMOs since Air Warrior in the early '90s, and in every one, without exception, when the devs have responded with radical game changes based on the whims of the most vocal players, the game went downhill.

• Like 1

I've been playing MMOs since Air Warrior in the early '90s, and in every one, without exception, when the devs have responded with radical game changes based on the whims of the most vocal players, the game went downhill.

Yeah seen it happen. The vocal minority shouting loudest in the forums sometimes get a lot of dev attention.  These devs though at least appear to have their eye on the ball when it comes to vocal minorities. 

That said I've seen things go the other way when devs don't listen to the community at all and make catastrophic changes no one wants. Star Wars Galaxies anyone?  :angry:

• Like 1

This game isn't going in a good direction right now, and telling people they aren't allowed to be dissatisfied doesn't change that. The issue isn't that the game has stuff that caters to hardcore players that like clan wars, the issue is that it has absolutely nothing else. It's the exact same crap as dozens of other open PvP sandbox MMO games that ultimately failed because they only listened to the hardcore crowd that gathered early and bullied everyone else into silence with stupid threads just like this one.

I mean why are you posting this? To make people who don't think like you feel unwelcome here. To make them leave. To make sure they don't ask for what they want.

A healthy community has diversity of thought and play styles. It is host to different people who enjoy different things. Trying to make people who aren't interested in exactly the same thing as you leave is what's killing the game, not people asking for the game to expand to accommodate more than just one vision of what can be fun about an age of sail simulation.

• Like 1

Players of Naval Action have dropped of drastically since that last lame patch - http://steamcharts.com/app/311310

According to the link i just posted - since January's peak - players have dropped of by 20%.

Admit it - the last patch is "crap" and players are quitting because of it (or other equally compelling reasons).  Sure, argue all you want, but the numbers dont lie.  Check the link

Players of Naval Action have dropped of drastically since that last lame patch - http://steamcharts.com/app/311310

According to the link i just posted - since January's peak - players have dropped of by 20%.

Admit it - the last patch is "crap" and players are quitting because of it (or other equally compelling reasons). Sure, argue all you want, but the numbers dont lie. Check the link

You will see various explanations for this from its an EA it's to be expected to the devs don't care about the games population/money. Edited by Ruthless4u

Players of Naval Action have dropped of drastically since that last lame patch - http://steamcharts.com/app/311310

Admit it - the last patch is "crap" and players are quitting because of it (or other equally compelling reasons).  Sure, argue all you want, but the numbers dont lie.  Check the link

#confused

Whilst there's a few annoyances, on the whole I think the patch is great. I do hate the 2 min battle timer, but it's not something to make me rage quit.

What's so bad about the patch that I'm missing?

I just have to laugh at all the ney sayers and haters.

Im sorry but im glad these people scream cry and quit because im sick of every good game being ruined by fly by night ahhd kids screaming for clicky, shiny , me me me kids who still quit after the next new shiny comes out.

Keep up the good work devs.

• Like 1

The last patch was great. The devs are doing a great job taking the game in the direction they want, and the community in the whole is coming up with lots of good and interesting feedback and suggestions for them, as well as exploit detection etc.