Game-Labs Forum

I Voted other - imo, Surrender means you are giving it up without a fight!

So if he surrenders,

his ship (no durabilty's lost), upgrades, crew (gives you crew replenishment), repair kits and resources are all yours now!

No extra XP or gold, the price is yours. Take it or sell it?

I don't know if this is going to be balance problem? But;

• It encourages fighting until the end.

• it gives you a fair reward if he surrenders.

• surrendering would be rare, as you basically giving it all away towards the enemy.

And remember fight until the bitter end, surrendering is for cowards ;)

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck
  • Like 1

Voted No.

Simple reason being the fight to the death & the exploits.

Crew Morale should take care of it. At the moment it works nice in boarding but should be applied to cannonades as well.

Crew morale should also work in relation to all system ships operations, similar to under- or overcrew.

• Like 3

The vast majority of sea battles in reality ended with a surrender because in reality the most valuable thing was your crew, and saving them was more important than saving the ship. Since in the game the crew doesn't matter at all there is really no reason to ever surrender. 

Because of that I think there does need to be some kind of system that rewards a surrender in some way.

• Like 6

So if he surrenders,

his ship (no durabilty's lost), upgrades, crew (gives you crew replenishment), repair kits and resources are all yours now!

No extra XP or gold, the price is yours. Take it or sell it 

I agree with this treatment, XP/Gold would lead to abuse .

not sure why there even is a surender option

there is no benefit to using it over fighting to the death

there is one benefit , time, from both players, when you surrender you are put in my hands, but I can be prone to allow you go with your ship taking only the loot and time saved.

You have no guarantee other than my word and reputation but that is part of the game too.

Even when no quarter is offered it is definitelly NOT fun being mauled by a fully superior opponent losing my playing time for his e-peens proud

• Like 4

As you see, all ships have Crew slots not yet implemented. So, regarding saving the crew, it is better to sit tight.

Morale on the other hand should be extended to include progressive penalities through the exchange of cannon fire and not only the sudden crew shock effect which kind of resets.

As you see, all ships have Crew slots not yet implemented. So, regarding saving the crew, it is better to sit tight.

Morale on the other hand should be extended to include progressive penalities through the exchange of cannon fire and not only the sudden crew shock effect which kind of resets.

If they add crew as a system that punishes losing ships even more severely this game is basically going to be dead in the crib. There is just no way this is ever going to turn out to be popular in any way if they keep going the way they are with all these fun-tax systems.

Perhaps if a ship surrenders in battle, it would allow enemy ships access to its hold. They could come up alongside akin to a boarding action and choose to take items from the hold or choose to take the ship as a prize (lose 1 durability for surrendered player, gain 1 durability ship for victor).

It would allow in-game negotiating - "Surrender your cargo and I will let you go free". The risk that the other player would not honour their word and capture the ship would be a factor in making your decision to run or surrender.

It is not a punishment. We will not agree on that point. It is risk management versus ship hoarding mentality. Keep your immortality and arena fights tot he last timber, that is indeed the death in the crib. But then packages of 5 lives make up for immortal ships already...

I look more to crew mechanics than ship mechanics, that is where we differ on our standing points. Losing ships and winning ships is part of the game and buying a new 4th rate ship every week is not even an issue let alone feeding privateers by the dozens.

I remain adamant in leaning more towards the cruelty of a system which yields great rewards - the capture of a prize versus the risk of the crew striking colours due to fighting spirit being lost.

I have yet to pay any tax for the fun and threw a lot of caution to the wind, but I simply pass all the "Trafalgar syndrome" mechanics and rather retain a special interest in small actions.

The game won't be dead in the crib, it is a mistake. Actually it cannot become easier than it is at the moment, there is no challenge other than striking out opposing factions in their own turf, and that, despite the losses, is extremely rewarding.

• Like 3

It's rewarding to a tiny number of people who single mindedly insist that just because they have the time for all that everyone who doesn't shouldn't even bother with the game.

People who don't have the time to worry about borders that shift every day and at ungodly hours get absolutely nothing out of the current system.

So, the is no real way to stop an exploit of the aspect of someone farming Alts surrendering?

Fight to death is what I like especially if I catch on fire, I like to see the ships flee, for I'm going out in a blaze of glory (he! he! he!), Fire/blaze get it!!! Well I thought it was funny.

I like the depth of knowledge you guys are bringing to the discussion about crews value.

Hope this is helping the Devs!

• Like 1

I Voted other - imo, Surrender means you are giving it up without a fight!

So if he surrenders,

No extra XP or gold, the price is yours. Take it or sell it?

I don't know if this is going to be balance problem? But;

• It encourages fighting until the end.

• it gives you a fair reward if he surrenders.

• surrendering would be rare, as you basically giving it all away towards the enemy.

And remember fight until the bitter end, surrendering is for cowards ;)

wanna know what happens when one nationality takes the ship of a second nationality?

They go to war.   Nationalities didn't do that.  

Now if you're saying that players who surrender should lose their ship.... why the eff would anyone do that?

You're basically saying that surrender is also just giving up your boat and all your stuff, for the sake of PVP.  

So in naval action you want pvp to be this... join combat and 1) sink or lose boat to capture... 2)or lose boat to capture.  Jesus the freaking SUGGESTIONS of this place.  No thought... just mashing the keyboard while eating a banana

surrender is losing the battle, its losing dura, and the enemy still caps.  Give it a rest.

Edited by Aydz

wanna know what happens when one nationality takes the ship of a second nationality?

They go to war. Nationalities didn't do that.

Now if you're saying that players who surrender should lose their ship.... why the eff would anyone do that?

You're basically saying that surrender is also just giving up your boat and all your stuff, for the sake of PVP.

So in naval action you want pvp to be this... join combat and 1) sink or lose boat to capture... 2)or lose boat to capture. Jesus the freaking SUGGESTIONS of this place. No thought... just mashing the keyboard while eating a banana

surrender is losing the battle, its losing dura, and the enemy still caps. Give it a rest.

The point is my poor banana eating friend is, that Exp and Gold is then lost from a guy that is concentrating on a PvP grind instead of mission/Fleet grind.

I hope using the Lords name in vain is due to I started the post, for that is poor taste in deed and against forum CoC.

Should I have said all "Salties" to PM me, instead of putting it on the open forum.

Like I said at the start, I hated the lack of PvP on WatchDogs, plus if this game PvP is I don't care as my time is way to valuable to stay and fight, well sorry go to the PvE server.

So this was mainly about anti exploit game mechanics.

Not salty opinions!!!

Edited by Aussie Pastor
  • Like 1

PVP = Consequences

Surrender means there was no fight.

No fight = no damage = no XP

But ...

Surrender means that the loser lost. Cargo - lost. Durability - lost. Ego - takes a hit.

PVP ... remember?

it is in the loosers best interest to do as much dmg as possible before dying so as to recover as much as possible from the loss

surrender is counter to this

• Like 1

I've seen some players simply Surrender when it was clear they wouldn't get away anymore (uneven battles in RVR combat, so no ganking), abandoning constitutions, frigates, even third rates, without putting up a fight. 

PVP rewards are poor enough as it is without this. Something needs to be changed there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen some players simply Surrender when it was clear they wouldn't get away anymore (uneven battles in RVR combat, so no ganking), abandoning constitutions, frigates, even third rates, without putting up a fight. 

So basically you have seen players surrender when they feel it is appropriate to surrender...

• Like 1