Game-Labs Forum

green on green

zolfo

watching the video his problem is he got pulled into a pvp battle as he "was attmepting to join the port battle"

watching the video he clearly ignored the port battle and sailed around the port trying to mess with James instead of joining the port battle so his complaint here is in valid. he should be banned for green on green

I have watched good deal of 40-50 minutes of the footage.

Whats happening is that James1856 attacks Dekie outside of West End when player cloakliner is planting the flag on the port West End, Deki escapes the battle and notice that the Port Battle is closed for the pirates (its filled up with 25 pirates) Deki then writes in pirate chat "Fuck James1966 attacking other pirates" during this time he states several times in various different words that he shall "murder him" (sink him that is). He then follows James saying various profanity words in his stream. He seeks to attack james. A battle between a US player and James occur, Deki gets dragged into this battle and start with his mission to engage James.

First actual green on green (other then ramming) occur at 01:00:46 by firing chain shots into James sails (they're on the same side in this battle US vs Pirates). What Dekie has done is clear green on green with intention to do it also. 01:02:57 Deki states "dont shot at me Im trying help you out you bastards". At 01:04:06 Dekie manouver in to ram James1986 which he succed with. Just from this point its clear that Dekie have with intention broke the rules several times.

James1856 have not fired back or with intention manouvered into Dekie. James1856 wrote at 01:06:56 is "see ya fuck face"

To sum it up Dekie have with clear intention broken the rules by shooting and ramming into james1856s ship.

Edited by Tomms123

1:00:30 for a deliberate green on green broadside. Why this guy hasn't been punished is way beyond me.

Since he's streaming right now I popped in and asked him, he's not aware of this thread but he's well aware that green on green isn't allowed.

Edited by Quineloe

I was watching the stream Dekie tried numerous times to ask him why he pulled him in & no response from James1856  by the time he got out of the 1st battle that James1856 attacked Dekie he (Dekie) had then missed the port battle was going too & was not happy bout it he then got pulled into the 2nd battle & decided to teach James 1856 a lesson

Edited by Vang

Hey, so I am Dekie.

Let me start this by saying up front. I killed James1956 in green on green combat.  It was 100% intentional and I am more than willing to take any punishment given to me. I even stated this in the description of the highlight that I made myself of the incident. I made that highlight for this exact reason. http://www.twitch.tv/sterdekie/v/51412593

I find it slightly funny that Zolfo didn't link the highlight and instead linked the past broadcast and tells you to skip to the fifty minute mark which happens to conveniently be right after James1956 attacked me in the open world thus being the reason I was upset and proceeded to kill him in green on green combat. Zolfo also states I sailed around the port battle not trying to enter it and instead looking for James1956. If you actually watch the video you will see the reason I do not enter the port battle is because it was full and I missed my chance to enter because of James1956 pulling me into battle.

Now onto the actual events. Tomm123 gives a very good and detailed description of all that took place. One thing I would like to point out is that when James1956 first pulls me into battle right as the PB starts I was expecting a US player. When i realize its a pirate I proceed to ask him in "all" chat  "really? ok, thats cool" before continuing on to tell him that I will remember him. He never replies at all. Had he stated that it was a mistake and that he miss clicked, then things would have turned out differently but he simply does not give any kind of response at all. I understand accidental attacks happen...but when they do..its best to tell the other player that it was a mistake. James1956 never said it was a mistake...he never replied at all during this first battle. After this battle Tomm123 is right I tried to get into the port battle but just missed it. When I realize I can't enter because of James1956 pulling me into battle I do actively seek him out to fight him. I had planned to engage him myself in 1v1 combat but when we were both dragged into combat vs the Americans I took the opportunity to have my revenge. Was this wrong and against the rules? Absolutely. I even went so far as to telling the Americans that I will fight them after I sink James1956. And yes...I do use a very large amount of profanity throughout the entire incident but what can I say...I am a fucking pirate.

Now does the fact that James1956 attacked me in the open world and caused me to miss the port battle mean that I can get away with breaking the rules? No, and I am more than willing accept my fate and take my walk to the gallows but I will do so standing tall. (Just don't hang the Salty Sea Pup please)

Edited by Sterdekie

I was watching the stream Dekie tried numerous times to ask him why he pulled him in & no response from James1856  by the time he got out of the 1st battle that James1856 attacked Dekie he (Dekie) had then missed the port battle was going too & was not happy bout it he then got pulled into the 2nd battle & decided to teach James 1856 a lesson

You're not entitled to a response, even if you ask in a very rude manner.

You're not entitled to a response, even if you ask in a very rude manner.

Yeah that's fine he doesn't have to respond but if you even bothered to watch the event that preceeded the 2nd pull you would of seen Dekie  asking him politely asking James saying "really" & it doesn't alter the fact the reason Dekie got so upset is that because of the 1st attack by James he missed the port battle had James responded in chat things wouldn't of gone the way they did hell even a simple sorry would of been enough but I guess that takes manners to do that

Edited by Vang

Yeah that's fine he doesn't have to respond but if you even bothered to watch the event that preceeded the 2nd pull you would of seen Dekie  asking him politely asking James saying "really" & it doesn't alter the fact the reason Dekie got so upset is that because of the 1st attack by James he missed the port battle had James responded in chat things wouldn't of gone the way they did hell even a simple sorry would of been enough but I guess that takes manners to do that

Whatever 'reason' he had, and no matter how reasonable it sounds, the rules are clear. There is NO excuse for green on green attacks. It is up to the player to control his anger. Take it to tribunal, that's what it's for after all. What you don't do is shoot a team member.

• 2 weeks later...

So much drama about flag mechanics lately...but I think everyone really just wants to know what is going to happen to this guy.

Why should anything happen to him. Pirates can attack each other for whatever reasons. If you don't want that to happen go join a nation. 

Deckie, you can easily resolve this yourself by compensating the person you sunk.  Typically it seems the devs have accepted that.  I for one like your channel, and don't want to see you leave over this.

I'd be more than willing to send over some gold to replace the durability if that fixed things.

• Like 1

I think payment for the damaged property and an apology is suitable for a first offence like this.

We all get carried away at times and it is apparant that Deiky is not a prolofic green on greener. He just got frustrated and has shown clear remorse for his actions.