Game-Labs Forum

Denmark-Norway reaching out to Sweden.

Herminator

These sound more like demands than negotiations. You're asking (telling) us to betray our French brethren, to form a coalition with the Danish we don't even know will last. (Most likely, it won't).

If anything you've accomplished one thing, weeding out the lazy and pushing the persistant more closer to eachother. I suppose we owe you a 'thank you' for that.

LOL, set an ultimatum less than 2 hours from when you start negotiations. Expect a number of different clans to have time to read the thread, have a meeting and come to a decision. thats bloody hilarious you though anyone would think you genuinely wanted peace. you danes are crazy.

LOL, set an ultimatum less than 2 hours from when you start negotiations. Expect a number of different clans to have time to read the thread, have a meeting and come to a decision. thats bloody hilarious you though anyone would think you genuinely wanted peace. you danes are crazy.

We also notified them about the thread ;) It's not like our terms was suprising to them ;)

When a nation barely have any ports left and dont jump at a chance to get a fair peace treaty, I think that is rather crazy.

A nation should not be forced to give up its momentum just to satisfy someones pride and vanity.

wut?

I cant tell if this is sarcastic or a deep lack of understanding of how human beings work.

Set your timers at reasonable timers and maybe you'll see some more action there, I'm sick of people complaining about why we don't try to take the british! last night we tried at between 03-05 am our time.. There is a big difference in attacking in our prime time and in the middle of the night. Understand that please.

Terre-de-Bas - 6 to 8 am.

Deshaies - 6 to 8 am.

Basse-Terre - 6 to 8 am.

Pointe -a-Pitre - 6 to 8 am.

Le Moule - 6 to 8 am.

And as for Codrington that was conquered just a few minutes ago. You guessed it.

6 to 8 am.

Hypocrisy.

As for peace, the real question is whether we don't want it because of some old historical feud with the Danes, or because of the Russian gaming reputation being proven time and time again. At least our nation isn't hijacked.

I do not understand what the Swedes offended? You have made an excellent offer of peace. Moreover, I am sure if there had been Danes in such a situation, no one would have spared and did not offer the peace, because here are playing Russian. And I do not understand how such a hatred of Russian. Everywhere I hear trolling and crying, it's to blame Russian. What are we to blame? What we decided to offer the peace Swedes. I do not know Russian well get along with our European friends from VIE. I do not understand what your problem is? Probably in hatred and rassizme. But if you do not agree to peace,it is not our problem. And we will continue to fight.

Edited by TemplarCrusader
  • Like 2

When a nation barely have any ports left and dont jump at a chance to get a fair peace treaty, I think that is rather crazy.

A nation should not be forced to give up its momentum just to satisfy someones pride and vanity.

Whats the point of a peace without a diplomacy system? Can you guarantee that everyone on Denmark are stop attacking? Like those Mission jumpers?

If Denmark now will go on in blocking of sweden, they will not harm the swedish Nation, they will only hurt the game itself. Because people will stop playing at all or switch nation (because many gamers are just winnerteam joiner).

We can't guarantee that everyone on Denmark will stop attacking. But we can guarantee that Danish major clans will not attack. Mission jumpers are the problem, because swedes have done a lot for getting a lot of such players. We need to find a solution of this problem.

Edited by Карл Лейфсен
  • Like 1

I do not understand what the Swedes offended? You have made an excellent offer of peace. Moreover, I am sure if there had been Danes in such a situation, no one would have spared and did not offer the peace, because here are playing Russian. And I do not understand how such a hatred of Russian. Everywhere I hear trolling and crying, it's to blame Russian. What are we to blame? What we decided to offer the peace Swedes. I do not know Russian well get along with our European friends from VIE. I do not understand what your problem is? Probably in hatred and rassizme. But if you do not agree to peace,it is not our problem. And we will continue to fight.

The question which arises for me, what do you want us then still take? It's in the game to PVP and now you no longer have to travel far. So actually an improvement. I find it very unfortunate that the mood between the two parties is so toxic. As described in the other thread, I actually met each Danes as very fair opponent. Therefore, I am still more astonished, as is written here. This often goes towards kindergarten. Mimimi who stole my pacifier. Here again the desire to let the newcomers live. They should also have fun. This is also true for us Swedes.

I have no racist arguments heard in the clan conversations, why they conducted any negotiations with you. I hope that at some point again found each other. Personal pleased with the battles against you. They are difficult and exciting. But maybe one day we go along. In the end it's just a game. Not more.

• Like 1

plz don't play the racism card.

people are not hated for their nationality, they judged by their behaviour.

I'm not racist and I've a positive basic attitude towards Russian people.

For example I liked "Boris  Yeltsin".

My own remark about Russian players on the 'versailles' thing was obviously a joke. I personally have no problems with Russian players at all, its just that you're known to have a certain 'reputation' when it comes to online gaming. Wouldn't necessarily call it a bad one either. ;)

plz don't play the racism card.

people are not hated for their nationality, they judged by their behaviour.

I'm not racist and I've a positive basic attitude towards Russian people.

For example I liked "Boris  Yeltsin".

I don't play the racism card. This is my opinion is why we can not achieve this peace. If everyone looked at things realistically rejecting hatred of a certain nation - it would be possible to achieve. But they can not cross through this hatred.This is my vision to this situation. No one wanted to hurt or offend. All Sea Wolves good luck and a fair wind. But do not forget about the Officer's Honor!

Edited by TemplarCrusader

Peace would mean the end of all pvp actions against dane ports...and what should we do with only 1 port? Chill? And i dont think the swe. Players are willing to betray the french just for a peace with the Danes.

Since no diplomatic agreement could be made we consider them to have failed.

The offer given by the Danish-Norwegian delegation was the following:

We keep Fort Baai(discussable), Aves, Terre-de-Bas.

We give them all other ports east of the The Settlement / Fort Baai Barrier, and North of Terre-de-Bas.

We also demanded them to ally with us to make a new Scandinavian Union, leaving their alliance with SLRN and French.

But we never got a definate answer.

Time will tell what will now happen.

Let us all calm down and face some simple facts.

Old alliances are getting weaker as the number of players increase and the new playerbase establish. VIE, formerly known as DWIS has 10x the numbers now compared to Early Access.
These new players do not feel the same loyalty to our allies the Dutch as the older playerbase. So, in  all curtesy, new alliances may be forged, and old ones might be broken. 

So my point is, with all this new playerbase. For old alliances to still be strong, they need to be caressed and given time to grow again. And we are really working hard on that with the Dutch.

It is crucial for all new players to see the benefit of such an alliance. As long as the alliance is proven benefitial it is easy to convince the players that it's not worth trading it for anything else.

When it comes to the overwhelming amount of Swedish players that have contacted me the last couple of days begging for peace, all I can say is that they need to get organized and demand it.

Players must be organized in clans to be able to make a reasonable bargainpoint. But in my opinion it's easy to see who they should be allied to. Christiansted and Gustavia is just too close to one another. So either they are with us, or they are against us.

But it is totally obvious to me, that a lot of the Swedish players do not feel the same loyalty to the French as some of the most eager here seems to make us believe.

We even had Swedish players that fought us in the beginning, then turning pirates and started to intercept Swedish players going to intercept us because the major clans would not listen!

I would have to say the same thing regarding our playerbase. Had we been faced with the same pressure as the Swedes now have faced for 2 days, the heat would be on our officers to drop the alliance with the Dutch to settle a situation we could live with. And if all the officers only represented the old alliances without thinking of the major playerbase, that would really be a shame, and I fear alot of our players would turn pirates as well. And that is a situation we really don't want.

Let us just hope that all parties involved in this will land with on their feet, and be given a situation that in the future is the best for the entire community.

• Like 3

I don't play the racism card. This is my opinion is why we can not achieve this peace. If everyone looked at things realistically rejecting hatred of a certain nation - it would be possible to achieve. But they can not cross through this hatred.This is my vision to this situation. No one wanted to hurt or offend. All Sea Wolves good luck and a fair wind. But do not forget about the Officer's Honor!

It is not about Racism as much as i understand the whole rejecting peace is based on some old grudges from before todays incarnation of the game ... most newer member in the swedish nation including me dont really see the use of the whole staying at war thing ... but the idea of a alliance with you is somehow absurd sorry but after the behavior of some of your member i dont see it for such a big step is not enough trust there ...

This is my Personal Point of View iam in no Clan or something so its not really my descision but i think it was not very nice from the HRE or whoever you gave the Peace Offer to not talk at all with the nation about it ....

is the best for the entire community.

I find this last statement the most interesting....

See I think this is key, the Danes crushing the life out of the Swedes and French does nothing for the entire community. Like the USN crushing the Spanish by taking No Timer ports. Its clear that the PB mechanic is flawed, yet it appears not to stop these nations from using it to impose their will on others.... Whats more amusing also is to watch these Blitzkrieg Port taking nation's complaining that these newly downtrodden don't follow their demands. Whats more they openly post under the pretext "it would help the community as a whole if they did". Laughable!

I personally feel the British Nation is now acting more as firefighters than a nation, putting out game changing fires instead of just playing and having fun. We (the British clans) and some of the Spanish Clans have turned around their fortune 'together'. Its taken a lot of planning and hard work on everyone's part. The Game mechanic forced this on us and now it appears to have happen again with the Danish attack on the Swedish/French.

We need to remember this game is in its testing stage still, and this ruthless attitude of using an unfinished mechanic to further National aims does nothing, I repeat nothing for the NA Community! Its all our responsibility to remember that, what we do now has an impact on the game we love, and has a direct bearing on its ultimate success in the future!

My personal view sorry, rant over ;)

• Like 10