Game-Labs Forum

Crewing constitution : additional rank or more crew

Hello,

ATM the constitution is in a bad spot : you can't crew her with 350 crew, and then you have a big jump to 650 and you go straight to 3rd rate

Two suggestions :

- Make one more rank at 500 crew

- Increase rank crew from 350 to 400

Crewing consti with 400 crew should be fine enough with upgrades.

Thanks !

• Like 2

Yes, that's why I put the suggestion to have one more rank first.

But it might be an issue with people already having an higher rank - it's not really fair that they get a free rank after all, especially considering the time it takes to get past one. And we can't make people lose one rank either just for the sake of the constitution.

And of course there is a need to name that rank, so that's another difficulty.

So dunno !

Edited by Azzak

They need to redo the whole system IMO, currently it's just awful. 

There are whole ships that are basically so weirdly situated in between two ranks that they aren't worth getting at all. Like Belle Poule and Frigate, both sitting at 280 so they are either undercrewed or you have access to a Trinc already.

Crew should just go up smoothly with every so many XP you earn.

Constitution historically cost drastically more than a Third Rate.

Accordingly it is entirely appropriate that she be given only to captains who would otherwise be entrusted with a ship of the line. She should not be just another step on the ladder.

It is perfect the way it is now. The problem will arise once we get Fourth Rates. If the ranks jump from 350 to 650, no one will ever use them.

• Like 2

I was the first player after the wipe to reach Flag Captain (650 Crew). 

I only use 3rd rates in Port Battles. If i'm not doing Port Battles i sail around in my Constitution. I do not see the issue :P

Constitution historically cost drastically more than a Third Rate.

I so wish the Constitution was as rare as 2nd and 1st rates.

I would think that a mixture of 3rd rates and some lighter frigates would be better on the OW.

Frigates aggro and prevent the enemy from escaping, while 3rd rates would just steamroll everything on their path.

There is also the problem with other smaller ship of the line, which I don't think will be taken by people who can have 3rd rate.

To make constitutions rarer, the best thing would be to not allow the ports to sell them.

Edited by Azzak

I suppose Consti is fine, although balancing out the ranks seems needed.

I would think that a mixture of 3rd rates and some lighter frigates would be better on the OW.

Frigates aggro and prevent the enemy from escaping, while 3rd rates would just steamroll everything on their path.

There is also the problem with other smaller ship of the line, which I don't think will be taken by people who can have 3rd rate.

True, The amount of NPC constitutions is hillarious. NPC fleets need a serious tweak in general. You'll just get swarmed by odd Consti+minions fleets.

Sinking NPC fleets is currently the main part of amusement when playing on the PvE server.

Another rank is needed, but honestly not for Conny, as she has and will have her own niche in OW battles, but as  maturin already mentioned, forr the sake of other 4rd rates, especially small SOL`s - with current state of the game, 3rd rate will be go to option for everyone, except perhaps those interested in nice visuals. Maybe introduction of land in PB will change it, will see.

As for the Connie rarity - I hope that when other 4rd rates will be implemented her numbers on sea will be much lower.