Game-Labs Forum

Do not join the USA!!! (PvP2)

Roberto de Castella

Stability? This game is amazingly stable for something in EA. What part of the map would you expand?

I'm not saying it's not stable, I'm saying improve to the point where merging servers is a real possibility.

As for expansion? The world is the limit. North to do the coast of Canada, and South around Cape Horn to open up the west side of South and Central America. Over to Europe to open up battles in the English Channel, or the "Triangular Trade" routes. Even the Pacific - The East Indies. Or China - with few and far between ports - all Free, with amazing wares but huge investments in time to get there and no outposts.

It's the Age of Sail, this is when Empire became a global concept.

I'm not saying it's not stable, I'm saying improve to the point where merging servers is a real possibility.

As for expansion? The world is the limit. North to do the coast of Canada, and South around Cape Horn to open up the west side of South and Central America. Over to Europe to open up battles in the English Channel, or the "Triangular Trade" routes. Even the Pacific - The East Indies. Or China - with few and far between ports - all Free, with amazing wares but huge investments in time to get there and no outposts.

I second this (My Bold highlighted above)

Look at Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World .   Down the eastern coast of South America; around Cape Horn; then up the western coast of South America and the Galopagos Islands.

Open up the Indian Ocean and then someone is bound to create the British East India Company.  

Bring on a new class of ships----the East India (armed) merchant ships.

The possibilities are endless

Except The issue with your statement rice is no one wants to join a smaller nation especially americans...... you will find that the other nations are populated by less americans then other countries..... americans go to america.... they feel obligated? we do the same thing in denmark but when you dont have a steady population base coming in.... it doesnt matter

It's mostly just a novelty to actually be able to play as America. These sailing games are usually just the European powers with no America in them.

I wanted to play as America too. I would have if I didn't hear in advance that they were overpopulated.

What about a free move being offered where you can take all your money ships and items in your bank plus a blank set of ports (same number as you already have) or the cash equivalent if you agree to switch nation. 

I do think they should have an option like this, somehow.

But at some point there may be an economic and map reset. If that happens, hopefully they will warn us a little in advance and people can make plans. It would be a perfect time to move to a new team because there won't be anything to move. Just delete, recreate, you'll still have all your XP and you'll be just as wiped as everyone else economically.

• Like 1

I hope they don't put anything new in that prevent one nation from being a Zerg. I believe this game already has mechanics in it that allow a small nation to combat a larger one. i.e., As long as you can field 18 to 20 people to Shallow Water defenses it is dang hard to take a Shallow Water port no matter how big your nation is. If you lose most likely you just got out played, not because you are out numbered but because you deserved to lose.

Plus this is brand new. I would let this thing play out before making any grand statements on how it is bad for the game to have a big Super Power. We could be sitting here 3 months from now and US has been obliterated.

Most of the comments on this board is made from people who suffered some initial losses and then make grand statements about how the game is broken. Is it possible you just lost? I don't think anyone playing currently is qualified in anyway right now to make any judgment on the impact of a Super Power team.

On PVP2 the French have found ways to combat the Zerg, I believe others will as well.

• Like 3

Over all big groups shouldnt get punished because they choose to be a big group...but there has to be something that can help a smaller faction.....thats why i cant wait for the diplomacy update...so nations can choose who they want as allys and who they want war with. the smaller nations can work together and or make peace with bigger nation so that they wont get attacked.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm real curious how diplomacy will work. Ideally there would be some way to designate actual allies that are seen as "green" and additionally can use your nation's ports and join your port battles as if they were their own. I can think of lots of gotchas in implementing this but it really would go a long way towards helping balance out zerg teams. As it stands now, the game makes it hard for multiple teams to work together, meaning "zerg teams gonna zerg".

There's still a lot you can do to fight a zerg team as an individual nation, but it's really just cloak and dagger ganking them and ruining their missions. The big stuff like ship building, economy and battles over control of ports is still 1 nation vs 1 nation.

I am hoping to see Spain's population rise steadily on PvP2. But with most people buying the game now they always join the US/Pirates/Brits in an attempt to play where they are from or try to play like a real Pirate. Hopefully rhey implement a system that would even lock out a nation from being picked if it becomes too populated.

If there are people here that insist on playing US yet don't want to be a part of a zerg nation then we at PvP EU 1 would love the reinforcement. We don't want to poach you from that server so stay if you are happy to play another nation.

Right now we are either 4 or 5th in population.

If we allow nations to group up then the US and Brits will team up abd steamroll the entire map! They already teamed up to take our starter area. I know you think oh small nations will band togather against the big guy but that is not the case. The US and Brits are loving steamrolling and fighting port battles at 25 vs 8. This game is becoming less fun everyday and even though i love the gameplay i kinda want to stop playing because its just getting worse woth the two biggest nationa teaming up on about 30 players who had the balls to try and defend the bahamas. All these if you guys unite if if if.... Most clans went south east away from the start area. We cant get them to help because they just say f the bahamas so what can we do other than get wiped off the map. I thought pirates were a small nation till i went dow. To camp du roy and saw tons of pirates. Why cant they keep a ship at mort? Its pathetic to say the least. Plus i heard one say ita pirates of the carribean not the bahamas... So we got all the kids that saw a disney movie playing this game thinking they are jack sparrow. You cant unite that way. So if i re roll to a small nation it will be the bahamas all over again and i just dont find that fun at all.

• Like 1

Many of us predicted this when the servers were named EU and U.S.

When you put that in the name, it's a very strong prompt for people in that region to join that server.

That would be fine if the factions ingame were named A,B,C. But since most people from the U.S. will join the U.S. faction, it's asking for imbalance in PvP 2.

It's fine to display ping at the server selection screen so that those who really have an outlier ping on PvP 1 can avoid it. But as myself and many others have been saying since EA, putting the region names in the server is asking for trouble. They should just be PvP1 and PvP2.

If any U.S. players are looking to play as the U.S. faction and still have a challenge, come to PvP1. The two oldest U.S. clans are there, as well as many other experienced players, but we are far outnumbered by the British and Pirates.

Dear Sir:

Even more US players in Server 1 will only help it  follow server 2 path. IMHO

Gaizka

Spanish Clans Council Diplo.

This situation is exactly why I think there should be a privateer mechanic in the game.

The whole 'pirate nation' gameplay doesn't really appeal to me. What little interest I had in it to begin with has grown stale.

I'd like to play the role of more of a mercenary. I want to be the guy who helps turn the tide. Plus I'd get to meet some people from other factions without them feeling the need to kill me or run away, which is typically what happens when we pirates try to make such arrangements. Furthermore, once you go back to pirating, if you ever meet these former comrades in battle as enemies, it'll probably be a more respectful, mature fight, rather than this nearly-vitriolic teenie bopper garbage I'm starting to see in the game.

With pirates being one of the largest factions in the game, it would be nice to be able to help with the balancing through privateering. Smaller nations that wouldn't be able to field large navies of their own would be able to issue letters of marque. Once the fighting is over, you can either take a commission as an officer with one of the nations, start trading, or return to piracy.

The U.S.A used Letters of Marque a lot during the time period of the game. Of course, the U.S.A didn't have the largest navy in the world at the time, either. It could be a viable mechanic for a smaller nation like France or Spain on PVP US to be able to hire privateers.

Edited by ajffighter86

Says the man who just bailed on his mates in a barely touched third rate in a battle that you had BR on and started with us?  Coming from you, I will take it as a compliment actually.

Anyway, its EA, they don't have any counter zerg mechanics right now. I am sure in time they will come up with something (less populations getting more xp or damage or any of the other things they do) that will influence balance.

I personally think that they should remove all the NPC's make everyone level up off everyone else and the zerg nations will starve due to consumption, thou I cant imagine that be a popular idea.  Course I also came up with to be a pirate you have to start as a national and murder 12 mates to separate the wolves from the sheep. Again, didn't seam real popular among the "Jack Sparrowz" crowd.

Why 12? lol. It only takes one to earn you a hanging. But I get where you're coming from, and agree.

Edited by ajffighter86

Ha, clearly you missed the "OMG EVERY RUN AWAY TO PANAMA" discussions/flamefests.  Thankfully the British have put the (utterly predictable) kibosh on that notion.

Pirates are having that flamefest/discussion right now on PVP US. I swear there's gonna be a civil war between the Bahama pirates and the Lesser Antilles pirates before it's over. Half of us want to help newbies PVP in Mortimer, the other half wants to shoot at towers in undefended southern ports and beat up the 5 French players until they go play some other game.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1

Speaking as a Spanish player on US-PvP2 where we are routinely outnumbered by large, organized clans that are a product of their already overwhelmingly big (comparatively speaking) playerbase, I do not wish for new players to feel like they will be lambasted for playing the "easiest" faction in the game by joining US or UK. There is a novelty to playing certain factions and I hope in the future that the devs incentivize players to reroll on factions that desperately need numbers without penalizing those who prefer playing in bulkier factions. While we will always be fighting a losing battle in the game's current state, I feel there is an appeal to a faction that is sandwiched between the two highest populated factions in the game: endless PvP. Many of the Spanish players I've talked to are thankful that they joined Spain rather than US or GB simply because they found the thought of steamrolling to be dreadfully boring. Hopefully this will be more fully realized in the future and factions will even out populace-wise without too many major changes.

I am a firm believer that a player should be able to play with who he wants without being penalized (both mechanically and socially) for it.

Pirates are having that flamefest/discussion right now on PVP US. I swear there's gonna be a civil war between the Bahama pirates and the Lesser Antilles pirates before it's over. Half of us want to help newbies PVP in Mortimer, the other half wants to shoot at towers in undefended southern ports and beat up the 5 French players until they go play some other game.

This is why i wont be playing untill the map wipes. The rats in the south are rude and disrespectful and refuse to help because they dislike shallow water ports... Cant wait till a balance and reset happens cause i enjoy this game just cant stand the current state of pvp2