Game-Labs Forum

Ship blueprints

May i jump in with a question here ? As a new player I'd like to know about the probabilitiy to get a BP from breaking up ships (does dura matter?) and from crafting.

I have broken up about 25 captured trader brigs and the same number of trader snows, but never got a BP. I am also buying cheap Mercuries to break them up ( ~ 10 so far, no BP) and I have crafted ~ 5 Snows and Pickles (no BP yet)

May i jump in with a question here ? As a new player I'd like to know about the probabilitiy to get a BP from breaking up ships (does dura matter?) and from crafting.

I have broken up about 25 captured trader brigs and the same number of trader snows, but never got a BP. I am also buying cheap Mercuries to break them up ( ~ 10 so far, no BP) and I have crafted ~ 5 Snows and Pickles (no BP yet)

Don't think there is a certain % it is complete RNG, which is absolutely terrible.

Big important NOTE here: You must have fufilled the requirements for a particular blueprint to drop.  The requirements are two-fold: 1) crafting level, 2) pre-req ships crafted.  See the info graphic on navalactioncraft.com under "ship blueprints".  For example, in looking at that graphic, you would need to be crafting level 8 AND have already crafter a brig for the Navy Brig blueprint to drop.  In other words, if you are not already level 13 AND have crafted a Pickle and a Navy Brig, you will not get the Mercurary to drop, even if you dismantle 10+ mercs (sorry!).  At least, this is how I understand it.

Edited by gravenunatak

Big important NOTE here: You must have fufilled the requirements for a particular blueprint to drop.  The requirements are two-fold: 1) crafting level, 2) pre-req ships crafted.  See the info graphic on navalactioncraft.com under "ship blueprints".  For example, in looking at that graphic, you would need to be crafting level 8 AND have already crafter a brig for the Navy Brig blueprint to drop.  In other words, if you are not already level 13 AND have crafted a Pickle and a Navy Brig, you will not get the Mercurary to drop, even if you dismantle 10+ mercs (sorry!).  At least, this is how I understand it.

you dont need the crafting level for random drops, i got the trinco recipe before i even could craft trincos level wise, got the recipe when i was crafting level 29, trinco crafting level is 30

• Like 1

you dont need the crafting level for random drops, i got the trinco recipe before i even could craft trincos level wise, got the recipe when i was crafting level 29, trinco crafting level is 30

Perhaps you do not need the crafting level, BUT you must then have the crafting pre-req for it to drop.  If you do not have to have the pre-req, that invalidates the BP drop tree on navalactioncraft.com.

Edited by gravenunatak

Perhaps you do not need the crafting level, BUT you must then have the crafting pre-req for it to drop.  If you do not have to have the pre-req, that invalidates the BP drop tree on navalactioncraft.com.

How does that explain that I have a pickle BP from crafting a cutter but no privateer BP? Not saying your wrong but if that's true then I should have to craft a privateer also before I could craft a pickle which I never got a privateer BP.

How does that explain that I have a pickle BP from crafting a cutter but no privateer BP? Not saying your wrong but if that's true then I should have to craft a privateer also before I could craft a pickle which I never got a privateer BP.

that is true.  Perhaps the link between Privateer and Pickle on the crafting web should be removed. 

I had blueprints drop into my warehouse. On the context menu, I can choose 'Use', 'Destroy' or 'Send to Chat'. I assume I select 'Use', but when i do, what can I expect to happen? Does it get added to my Crafting screen, or do I need to craft that particular ship right then and there?

For the Mercury BP, just build some Snows and eventually you will get one.  I think I only had to build 5 Snows before I got a Merc BP, so hopefully a couple more and you will get one.

From what I heard, the chance to get a BP from breaking down a ship is really small.

Edited by TrollCraft

I think you understand it a bit wrong.

What the line mean is that: If you craft a ship, let say Surprise, you have a chance of getting Belle Poule and Renommee BP. To get Belle Poule BP, you need to either craft Surprise, Renommee or Frigate  or break up Belle Poule for a chance of drop.

The red line in those graph merely mean "if you need something, try craft this for a chance of drop", it does not mean "you must have this BP to get this BP".

So far, I had acquire Mercury, Surprise and Trader Brig BP with Pickle BP from redeem. Craft a bunch of Mercury, Brig and no BP (Surprise BP I got from breaking ships).

From my experience with breaking ship down for BP, I need to break down about 20-ish of total durability to get the BP. I break 4 Surprise bought from shop; about 20 or more (I lost count after 18 -_- ) of fully repair, captured Trader Brig

• 2 months later...

I'm really struggling with this. It seems like 3-4 updates ago the BPs were dropping a lot more often, which was great. But now it seems to have gone back to discouragingly difficult since the "no duplicate BP" fix. 

I have two questions:

- Could it be that the "no duplicate BP" fix made things worse? When you roll the dice for BPs, say you get 3 BPs unlocked but you already have all 3. Do you then re-roll three times for another BP? Or have you "lost your chance"? If the latter, I imagine BPs are going to get increasingly hard to obtain.

- To get BP drops from crafting ships, does the ship quality play into it at all? I've only been crafting Gold ships to unlock BPs as I heard it increases the odds. But it also doubles up the time and effort, so I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks!! :)

• Like 2

As for breaking up ships to get a BP, I have gotten 3 trader snow bp's by breaking up trader snows, all in one day. 1 of the snows I broke up was mastercraft, the other 2 were fine, so I'm assuming the quality matters. The hundred green and grey ones I broke up never dropped a BP.