Game-Labs Forum

Tatann: Player was able to leave while being constatly shot

The french player called "Tatann" was able to leave a battle in front of Puerto de Espania at 23:42 CET while beeing constantly shot. I want to ask for a detailed investigation of this issue. As far as I am informed no surrenders were accepted.

And probably "Tatann" can post exactly what he did. Would be nice though.

Cheers

Brog

Edited by Brogsitter

Issues like this have always been a simple misunderstanding of the way things work in the past. Often a ship can be hit by a cannon ball, but not penetrate. Sometimes an attackers timer can be reset by being hit by a friendly cannon ball without the attacker realizing that the victim did not get reset. I'm not sure if that is what happened here, but we shall see I guess.

Perhaps a situation similar to this; http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8190-us-tommy-shelby/ ?

Admin's Explanation;

Long range hit does not mean long range damage

It is a common complaint that sometimes gave an impression that enemy exited even if it was hit at the last second - it happened due to non - penetrating hits or ricochets.

If you hit you may see a hit particle but it does not mean you did damage. If you upload the video it would be great to see what happened.

Also in the future please report such cases by F11 right from the battle. But based on your description we believe that you saw non-penetrating hits - as such tribunals or questions happened before. 

i had just reduced his rear armour to zero,and he was getting pummeled from close range. He also said he was off to bed just before, just seemed very odd.not that im really bothered just backing up brogsitters view of events.

Is there any evidence?

So far there are words being thrown at the wind. And it is accuser's duty to provide the evidence.

I do hope some is provided. Otherwise it's hard not to notice you're indirectly accusing a player of hacking or cheating - doing so publicly.

He also said he was off to bed just before, just seemed very odd

Since when is taunting very odd?

Is there any evidence?

So far there are words being thrown at the wind. And it is accuser's duty to provide the evidence.

I do hope some is provided. Otherwise it's hard not to notice you're indirectly accusing a player of hacking or cheating - doing so publicly.

Since when is taunting very odd?

No offence, But how do u provide evidence for ship just disapearing?

Anyway I am just asking for investigation and i would love to hear a statement from Tatann himself. I respect him as a pvp player... so he should just give a statement and hopefully everything will be fine afterwards.

No offence, But how do u provide evidence for ship just disapearing?

Anyway I am just asking for investigation and i would love to hear a statement from Tatann himself. I respect him as a pvp player... so he should just give a statement and hopefully everything will be fine afterwards.

Shadowplay

People should really bother setting it up. It's such an amazing tool for this kind of stuff.

I didn't t take it as s taunt, I took it as it was meant, that he was leaving now,which he promptly did.

There is a big, white sign on top of the screen when you can leave the battle. I still don't see what is so "very odd" about this, taunt or not.

There is a big, white sign on top of the screen when you can leave the battle. I still don't see what is so "very odd" about this, taunt or not.

It about 4 ships shooting in close quarter at an enemy. Its their understanding that he could not have been able to leave due to being hit constantly.

Which, in light of tommy's reply, would also be very unlikely to be from just not penetrating.

Hello everybody,

yesterday eveing after after puerto de espagna port battle, you tag me with 3 other french captain.

it was very too late for me and have to leave to go bed. 

i know that's i won't be able to escape so i just "sucide me" giving the oportunity to escape for the other french captain.

i manage to ram a frigate leading to have a underwater leak in my trincomalee

after that, i sail 135° from wind in sailing mode to keep my speed about 3knots preventing to be board
after i sunk i imediatly leave the battle.

this is the thing you think it was an bug or something esle. beaucause i quit just avec i was sunk leading to disapear my ship.

I can only take a screen of my 4 dura trincomalee (if wanted ), i know that's not a proof but it's better than nothing ( at least i don't have 5 dura )

Quote to make a notification

The french player called "Tatann" was able to leave a battle in front of Puerto de Espania at 23:42 CET while beeing constantly shot. I want to ask for a detailed investigation of this issue. As far as I am informed no surrenders were accepted.

And probably "Tatann" can post exactly what he did. Would be nice though.

Cheers

Brog

Mechanics of the game can be affecting this.

1) If you sink an enemy he can exit the battle. Once he exits the battle sometimes his sinking (dead) ship can disappear from the battle (an old feature that was added to save fps resources in large battles - which is currently considered a bug) without playing the sinking animation. You can always check in TAB interface what happened to the enemy vessel - if it says sank - you got the kill. 

2) There is an old legacy system that was allowing heavier ships to exit the battle immediately if the BR difference in battle is big. It was implemented to reduce griefing by constantly tagging heavier ships in a light vessel (POTBS problem). In this case heavier ships can exit the battle during first 2 mins.  

In your case you most probably sank him and he exited - which made his ship disappear, but it still sank and you can check this in TAB.

I think this topic can be locked.

AFAIK, if the player then immediately leaves, it will say "escaped" rather than "sank," so unless you are actively watching the TAB window, it is hard to know if the player escaped before sinking.

I would consider this a bug: TAB screen should just say "sank" whether the player stays in to observe or leaves.

Hello everybody,

yesterday eveing after after puerto de espagna port battle, you tag me with 3 other french captain.

it was very too late for me and have to leave to go bed. 

i know that's i won't be able to escape so i just "sucide me" giving the oportunity to escape for the other french captain.

i manage to ram a frigate leading to have a underwater leak in my trincomalee

after that, i sail 135° from wind in sailing mode to keep my speed about 3knots preventing to be board

after i sunk i imediatly leave the battle.

this is the thing you think it was an bug or something esle. beaucause i quit just avec i was sunk leading to disapear my ship.

I can only take a screen of my 4 dura trincomalee (if wanted ), i know that's not a proof but it's better than nothing ( at least i don't have 5 dura )

Quote to make a notification

Thats fair enough though. Was not able to realize this so fast. So i respectfully tip my hat regarding your decission to sucide yourself to help you mates.

Cheers

Brog

*FILE CLOSED*