Game-Labs Forum
Flinch

The (almost) forever war. Pirates vs Prussia

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Both sides spend millions on timers while none of the sides can win the war without a 3rd party intervention :) 

Calling 3rd side is a Prussian thing tho

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Reminding you, Brits and Swedes helped you screen as well. Puerto del Padre PB sounds familiar?

Edited by Banished Privateer

3 hours ago, Elric said:

The biggest casualty in all of this are the newer pirate players who seem to be constantly ganked by Prussians (Black Sails and others) - and other nation players.  For some reason Prussia (Banished) seems to be of the opinion stopping new pirate players from crafting and trading by taking as many pirate ports as possible is good for the game....  it is not.   The recent attacks on pirate ports barely matters for the tenured pirate players - few of us ever spend time in the Mortimer area - it just hurts the casual and new players.

sorry, but what are we supposed to do during the war? What about all pirates killing new Prussian players? What about pirates killing newbies and seal clubbing? Let's end up this discussion that every war is bad for community/online because one side is eventually going to lose, players will quit the game, change nations, etc.

8 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Reminding you, Brits and Swedes helped you screen as well. Puerto del Padre PB sounds familiar?

They came at their own will, you on the other side pay to screeners and make "Pirate parties" on the forum. Sounds familiar?

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

sorry, but what are we supposed to do during the war? What about all pirates killing new Prussian players? What about pirates killing newbies and seal clubbing? Let's end up this discussion that every war is bad for community/online because one side is eventually going to lose, players will quit the game, change nations, etc.

Isn't Prussia a hardcore nation where everyone is skilled captain?

Edited by Beeekonda

Just now, Beeekonda said:

They came at their own will, you on the other side pay to screeners and make "Pirate parties" on the forum. Sounds familiar?

I heard pirates were paying extra for killing Prussians at Grand Turk. What's so bad about it? It's more content.

26 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Was it about good/bad ?

I never heard about pirates paying anything at GT. Beside Mort rats there was no screening.

13 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

"...  what are we supposed to do..."  understand the game would be a good start.  Most of us want more players - seemingly you don't - and sadly, you are beyond understanding that constantly attacking new players causes them to leave.  You and an few other Prussians caused numerous USA players to quit with your constant raiding around Charleston, and now new and casual pirate players get frustrated and quit too - you should be proud of your actions.... 

You and other gankers are the bane of this game.  It used to be players would love to get into battles - now it's rare to even see an even battle.  The game itself is part of the problem.  The Patrol zones are full of 5 vs 2 and 3 v 1 battles - rather than balanced battles.

Just now, Elric said:

You and an few other Prussians caused numerous USA players to quit with your constant raiding around Charleston, and now new and casual pirate players get frustrated and quit too - you should be proud of your actions.... 

Wait, isn't it VCO raiding US Coast now? Wasn't it current NSANE players that used to raid US Coast when they were Prussian? In fact, it's current NSANE clan that did capture New Smyrna for farming US with Vile Executioner, carry on. I am not going to mention all the pirates killing Prussian newbies.

4 minutes ago, Elric said:

"...  what are we supposed to do..."  understand the game would be a good start.  Most of us want more players - seemingly you don't - and sadly, you are beyond understanding that constantly attacking new players causes them to leave.  You and an few other Prussians caused numerous USA players to quit with your constant raiding around Charleston, and now new and casual pirate players get frustrated and quit too - you should be proud of your actions.... 

You and other gankers are the bane of this game.  It used to be players would love to get into battles - now it's rare to even see an even battle.  The game itself is part of the problem.  The Patrol zones are full of 5 vs 2 and 3 v 1 battles - rather than balanced battles.

I mean.....pirates swarm the US safe zone every night at the moment too. 

Lets be honest, every pvp hungry group has ganked. Saying that one side does it worse than the other is rather silly.

Gotta be better at the "good farming" and attack some other area every once in a while. Heck, some patrol zones are great for pvp because everyone there knows that pvp can happen regardless if there are some issues to fix.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Wait, isn't it VCO raiding US Coast now? Wasn't it current NSANE players that used to raid US Coast when they were Prussian? In fact, it's current NSANE clan that did capture New Smyrna for farming US with Vile Executioner, carry on. I am not going to mention all the pirates killing Prussian newbies.

Again, what is a Prussian newbie? 

and why you refer to all pirates when its only NSANE on the whole server who hunts Prussians east of LT?

2 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Again, what is a Prussian newbie? 

and why you refer to all pirates when its only NSANE on the whole server who hunts Prussians east of LT?

I've seen VCO as well and it's not only NSANE doing so, but the fact is they do it the most.

What is a Prussian newbie? Just like every other nation newbie, I guess? A player with low experience, new to the game.

Edited by Banished Privateer

31 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I mean.....pirates swarm the US safe zone every night at the moment too. 

Lets be honest, every pvp hungry group has ganked. Saying that one side does it worse than the other is rather silly.

Gotta be better at the "good farming" and attack some other area every once in a while. Heck, some patrol zones are great for pvp because everyone there knows that pvp can happen regardless if there are some issues to fix.

you are rarely online.  I get to see the constant Prussian raiding each day - for hours at a time.  Proportionally the Prussian raid the Mortimer area far more than other nations raid other areas.

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Its next door

so are the Danes, the Swedes and the French...   hmmm...  how many of them have the Prussians killed recently in their daily noobie raiding?

• Like 1

Everyone ganks.

A fine distinction could be made for players who actively hunt in capitals areas and then those players who intentionally take ports used by noobs to "punish" a nation for imagined slights.  VCO does the former while other clans/players including Banished, do the latter.  I've actually seen him try and pitt other pirate clans against VCO / XXXXX for retaliating in their time zone and intentionally try to divide the nation and ruin the experience for the "mort rats".  I've been contacted by some of those players who will repeat lies that all similarly start with "Banished said this.....".  If people want to meta-game on that level, that's fine.  It's not my bag, I simply don't have the time or inclination to give that much of a shit about a video game.  Not a single port taken was owned or used by VCO in Banished's little "punish chrissy" war and we've actually gained a white oak port in the process.  Actually I've been kind hoping they'd take Bimini off our hands....  I've been to Pitt's Town once I think since going pirate and that was to help out at a PB that filled up with randos and I didn't even get in.  I could also be wrong, but I don't think I've actually lost anything other than a requin in this little war aimed at punishing me.  We've also not lost a PB VCO commanded against prussia....If I recall correctly.

So if the war was aimed at punishing VCO, it's not accomplishing its goal.  Really what it's about is taking territory in half full port battles from random fleets of mort rats and bragging about them on the forums.  Unfortunately HASNA has to pay for that expense with timers.  That's what Banished does and is only...and will only ever be capable of doing.  He did pretty much the same thing to the US a few months ago as he's currently doing to the Pirates.  

As far as the east coast goes, we hunt there primarily because it's the largest block of players during the US prime time.  And it's close.  We have yet to take a single port away from the US since we left that nation and we plan to keep to that unless provoked.  We're not out to punish their players or take away their territory because of one clan.  When it's not US o'clock we can be found smoking cigars between Habana and Key West.     

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

One would wonder, when does the self proclaimed server police come in and save the pirates from the ongoing aggressive behavior of big mouths?

Who would these self proclaimed server police be?

44 minutes ago, Elric said:

you are rarely online.  I get to see the constant Prussian raiding each day - for hours at a time.  Proportionally the Prussian raid the Mortimer area far more than other nations raid other areas.

I'm on almost every night, but yes I am not online throughout the day.

So the prussians raid everyday, so why is it terrible when they do it, but just another normal day when pirates do it?

How do we know what "killing a playerbase" really is? Is it consistant ganking in their safe zones? Is it taking all there ports? Is it never letting them expand after being figuritively wiped off the map? Is it a combination of all this?

Is if it's any one of these then almost everyone is at fault in doing this at one time or another.

Edited by Teutonic

If anything kills the game it's the lake of things to do. When there is no war, players have a tendency to play something else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

If anything kills the game it's the lake of things to do. When there is no war, players have a tendency to play something else.

Well hopefully we get some good updates of content, but since we can't confidently rely on that we should be encouraging more war, more fights, more port battles.

36 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Who would these self proclaimed server police be?

I’ve never seen any but legend has it you hear them before you see them, old sea dogs in taverns have often said it sounds like weee uuuu weee uuuu, and it comes with the fog.

• Like 6

Whos the prussian noobs? Please call them out for me. Cause last I checked prussia doesnt have a reinforcement zone brimming with clanless seals to club.