Game-Labs Forum

The (almost) forever war. Pirates vs Prussia

7 minutes ago, Christendom said:

efdc4f6c5e49d4d6d75dfdacae7ad73a.png

we sink everyone. 

This was a diplomatic mess lol. We were there to help US in their hostility against french..but fellow pirates wanted to club seals so we joined against them to complete our mission which was to get San Mateo flipped.

#bringbackoutlawbattles

Edit: the wild thing is that the french are allied to prussia who are our enemy but they are also allied to pirates when it comes to the florida coast. Its complicated. 

Edited by Guest

The biggest casualty in all of this are the newer pirate players who seem to be constantly ganked by Prussians (Black Sails and others) - and other nation players.  For some reason Prussia (Banished) seems to be of the opinion stopping new pirate players from crafting and trading by taking as many pirate ports as possible is good for the game....  it is not.   The recent attacks on pirate ports barely matters for the tenured pirate players - few of us ever spend time in the Mortimer area - it just hurts the casual and new players.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Flinch said:

but fellow pirates wanted to club seals

Flinch, I think you're the kind of a diplomat whose forte is starting wars :P We had a guy like this in Commonwealth. When we were destroying Prussians a long time ago, they asked for a peace. We sent this guy to negotiate. They changed their mind about war and peace in an instant :) 

6 minutes ago, Elric said:

the newer pirate players who seem to be constantly ganked by Prussians

Prussian new players also suffer in the conflict.

Edited by vazco

11 minutes ago, Christendom said:

We’re not allied with France.  Just a mutual understanding on the east coast and Florida where we shared mutual enemies of US, Spain and Russia.  I think WO is similar to VCO in regards to we’d rather be put PVPn at night than flipping each other.  

This is called an 'alliance' not only did you try to stop hostility, you showed up to screen the next day. I dont mind you have an alliance, just call it what it is.

8 minutes ago, Elric said:

The biggest casualty in all of this are the newer pirate players who seem to be constantly ganked by Prussians (Black Sails and others) - and other nation players.  For some reason Prussia (Banished) seems to be of the opinion stopping new pirate players from crafting and trading by taking as many pirate ports as possible is good for the game....  it is not.   The recent attacks on pirate ports barely matters for the tenured pirate players - few of us ever spend time in the Mortimer area - it just hurts the casual and new players.

They did the same thing to the US when were MAGA. They raped the newbs at charleston every day and told them to blame MAGA. This is their go-to tactic.

1 minute ago, Flinch said:

They did the same thing to the US when were MAGA. They raped the newbs at charleston every day and told them to blame MAGA. This is their go-to tactic.

well tbh the first thing you did was to seek revenge on prussia and capture little harbour though, didnt take more then one day before you guys flipped that 💁‍♂️

Just now, Flinch said:

This is called an 'alliance' not only did you try to stop hostility, you showed up to screen the next day. I dont mind you have an alliance, just call it what it is.

It's very simple honestly. The pirates are free to do whatever they please whenever they want. So if they choose to sink Americans off the coast of one of their ports why should we care? Or if they want to sink Americans who are on their way to a port battle that we aren't involved in, also why should we care. However should they attack the Prussians in our timezone we will care.

You are also welcome to join in on this lack of caring by WO/Blanc. For instance if you went and took a port in Belize area to farm the brits, a tremendous amount of not caring would be involved.

• Like 1

What going on with Pirate Nation!!!

Captains wanta fly the Pirates flag, but pirate home waters decimated, lost key lumber ports, teak, sabicu… not safe, no backup, can’t grind in home waters, lured to join another nation.

I dislike the players who insist upon RP’n as “yarr real pyrates” but then complain about all their shallow ports being gone.  I ask, well did you show up and help defend them?  They say why of course not, we’re real “yarr pyrates”, we don’t do RVR.  There’s your answer  

To quote a favorite show of mine, “Decisions are made by those who show up”.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

Flying the Pirate flag is RP! isn’t it? even romantic like! 

PS,

I’m done with environment, thanks Captain Ahab, I needed a push to choose my colours,

I’m off to join the British upper-class, aha!

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I dislike the players who insist upon RP’n as “yarr real pyrates” but then complain about all their shallow ports being gone.  I ask, well did you show up and help defend them?  They say why of course not, we’re real “yarr pyrates”, we don’t do RVR.  There’s your answer  

To quote a favorite show of mine, “Decisions are made by those who show up”.

Yeah if they were 'real pirates' they'd go sail around in 6th and 7th rate troll boats (all captured from the enemy, OFC). Never craft ships, only work from out-of-the way strongholds and freeports, and generally make lots of noise and accomplish little else in terms of RvR or fleet engagements. Hmm...I seem to recall seeing several clans over the years that do basically that....I wonder if any are still around and what nation they are this month?? :P

My bit of trolling aside, I really could not care any less about shallow water ports. I _strongly dislike_ the shallows. So until the people that 'care' about the shallow ports actually start caring enough to show up and help defend/attack them (and not just provide a PvP mark farm for the attacking fleet outside), I don't think we can be bothered to mess with them. I'd much rather go PvP than grind AI for an hour then deal with Le Broken spam the next night. 

Oh and @Banished Privateer you better put some speed mods on your grinding L'Ocean. We almost caught you before you made it to the fort. At least we got the one you guys left behind. And again, in the Grand Turk PB, running away while leaving your nation-mates behind to be sunk for points... How much longer will they continue to flip ports for you and provide meatshields in the battles? 

1fc12c9ef97806a52256af31ed367717.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Both sides spend millions on timers while none of the sides can win the war without a 3rd party intervention :) 

Calling 3rd side is a Prussian thing tho

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Reminding you, Brits and Swedes helped you screen as well. Puerto del Padre PB sounds familiar?

They came at their own will, you on the other side pay to screeners and make "Pirate parties" on the forum. Sounds familiar?

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

sorry, but what are we supposed to do during the war? What about all pirates killing new Prussian players? What about pirates killing newbies and seal clubbing? Let's end up this discussion that every war is bad for community/online because one side is eventually going to lose, players will quit the game, change nations, etc.

Isn't Prussia a hardcore nation where everyone is skilled captain?

Edited by Beeekonda

13 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

sorry, but what are we supposed to do during the war? What about all pirates killing new Prussian players? What about pirates killing newbies and seal clubbing? Let's end up this discussion that every war is bad for community/online because one side is eventually going to lose, players will quit the game, change nations, etc.

"...  what are we supposed to do..."  understand the game would be a good start.  Most of us want more players - seemingly you don't - and sadly, you are beyond understanding that constantly attacking new players causes them to leave.  You and an few other Prussians caused numerous USA players to quit with your constant raiding around Charleston, and now new and casual pirate players get frustrated and quit too - you should be proud of your actions.... 

You and other gankers are the bane of this game.  It used to be players would love to get into battles - now it's rare to even see an even battle.  The game itself is part of the problem.  The Patrol zones are full of 5 vs 2 and 3 v 1 battles - rather than balanced battles.

4 minutes ago, Elric said:

"...  what are we supposed to do..."  understand the game would be a good start.  Most of us want more players - seemingly you don't - and sadly, you are beyond understanding that constantly attacking new players causes them to leave.  You and an few other Prussians caused numerous USA players to quit with your constant raiding around Charleston, and now new and casual pirate players get frustrated and quit too - you should be proud of your actions.... 

You and other gankers are the bane of this game.  It used to be players would love to get into battles - now it's rare to even see an even battle.  The game itself is part of the problem.  The Patrol zones are full of 5 vs 2 and 3 v 1 battles - rather than balanced battles.

I mean.....pirates swarm the US safe zone every night at the moment too. 

Lets be honest, every pvp hungry group has ganked. Saying that one side does it worse than the other is rather silly.

Gotta be better at the "good farming" and attack some other area every once in a while. Heck, some patrol zones are great for pvp because everyone there knows that pvp can happen regardless if there are some issues to fix.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Wait, isn't it VCO raiding US Coast now? Wasn't it current NSANE players that used to raid US Coast when they were Prussian? In fact, it's current NSANE clan that did capture New Smyrna for farming US with Vile Executioner, carry on. I am not going to mention all the pirates killing Prussian newbies.

Again, what is a Prussian newbie? 

and why you refer to all pirates when its only NSANE on the whole server who hunts Prussians east of LT?