Game-Labs Forum

Safe zone PVP problem !!

I believe the large restrictions in the safe zones is a big contribute for pvp players leaving the game.
Remove them would bet the best thing to do. I have chat /talked to many players in the game and I would say 99% don't like the way it is to day.
One way to "fix" the problem could be to greatly improve the (all) town's port defense in PVP battles to increase the safety for players.

Just an idea:-)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Assassin said:
I believe the large restrictions in the safe zones is a big contribute for pvp players leaving the game.
Remove them would bet the best thing to do. I have chat /talked to many players in the game and I would say 99% don't like the way it is to day.
One way to "fix" the problem could be to greatly improve the (all) town's port defense in PVP battles to increase the safety for players.

Just an idea:-)

no it would be the worst newbies will become meat without safe zones removing them will couse more harm than leaving them as they are

it works great as it is today, only thing is the ships  that spawn in as reinforcement needs to be the same ship that joins in, e.g. requin attack a trader, the trader gets a requin for reinforcement ship, not like how it is now that it spawns a brig lol.

And to avoid as much pvp in the reinforcement zone, the new/old players needs a reason to leave it or much more rewarded, for example decent xp from missions until 450 crew then all missions done after that gives next to none xp, and ports with missions outside reinforcement zone gives alot more.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Wyy said:

it works great as it is today, only thing is the ships  that spawn in as reinforcement needs to be the same ship that joins in, e.g. requin attack a trader, the trader gets a requin for reinforcement ship, not like how it is now that it spawns a brig lol

It dosent change when player requin is boarding fit ;)

Just now, Wyy said:

it works great as it is today, only thing is the ships  that spawn in as reinforcement needs to be the same ship that joins in, e.g. requin attack a trader, the trader gets a requin for reinforcement ship, not like how it is now that it spawns a brig lol

C'mon, the reinforcements are a joke.  If you want to protect the noobs (and we should), then bring back the 2 1st rates per attacker.  KPR is a bloodbath right now. 

Just now, traitorous mctraitoro said:

theres a line between protecting newbs, and making it safe for everyone to pve with absolutely no risk

This is an old argument.  I truly don't care if some senior players want to carebear in the green zone.  Its their game, let them play the way they want.  Devs have already made ship building more attractive outside the safe zones.  Another few tweaks to the Eco and maybe we can encourage more OW interaction. 

1 minute ago, traitorous mctraitoro said:

theres a line between protecting newbs, and making it safe for everyone to pve with absolutely no risk

I mean its still a pvp game, making the zones like that means no one leaves the capitals.

Perhaps istead of lowering protection for new players we should focus how too make People more willing too PvP even after the loss?

18 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I have chat /talked to many players in the game and I would say 99% don't like the way it is to day.

Did you actually talk to the poor souls you gank in the zone or other safe zone hunters?

The way I see it there should be absolutely no pvp possible in the safe zone, but the rewards from fights,

be it gold or loot should also be drastically reduced once you reach a certain rank, e.g. Master & Commander to give people an incentive to leave the safe zone.

Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Batman said:

Did you actually talk to the poor souls you gank in the zone or other safe zone hunters?

The way I see it there should be absolutely no pvp possible in the safe zone, but the rewards from fights,

be it gold or loot should also be drastically reduced once you reach a certain rank, e.g. Master & Commander to give people an incentive to leave the safe zone.

This is one of the good suggestions.  I very much like that you say 'give people incentive" as opposed to "Not Let" or "forbid".  You could go further on this and make Green zones completely safe with no tagging allowed to enemy players and only players in the lowest rank of the green zone nation can tag AI inside the zone.  Maybe once you reach M&C, you can no longer tag AI in your zone. 

I quite enjoy the green zones as they are now, however.  Its a nice risk to go in on a player and deal with the weak-ass reinforcement (if they remember to call it).  The fact that the local defence force could show up gives some real tension to the fight. 

Stop complaining about it being unfair that there is somewhere for people to start the game with a bit of "protection".

If you REALLY wanted actual PvP then you would attack the other hunters in the area when you see them, but that very rarely happens. Instead we get constant complaints of "We have to go to the safe zones because it's the only place to find PvP" yet you nearly always sail past the other hunters to look for the easy kill.

I don't blame anyone in particular, it has just become the norm in the game. In fact last week I was hunting around La Habana and saw a Polish Herc so I tagged it, it created all sorts of drama because I attacked another hunter instead of ignoring him.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

C'mon, the reinforcements are a joke.  If you want to protect the noobs (and we should), then bring back the 2 1st rates per attacker.  KPR is a bloodbath right now. 

well the requin would still be able to rageboard the noob and sail away with the 1st rates derping behind

Just now, Wyy said:

well the requin would still be able to rageboard the noob and sail away with the 1st rates derping behind

Until the noob learns to get close to his big pals.  I actually learned this game in January when we had these reinforcements.  The wolves were still hunting and they got me once or twice until I learned it.  The Xebec is a separate problem for sure.

12 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Stop complaining about it being unfair that there is somewhere for people to start the game with a bit of "protection".

If you REALLY wanted actual PvP then you would attack the other hunters in the area when you see them, but that very rarely happens. Instead we get constant complaints of "We have to go to the safe zones because it's the only place to find PvP" yet you nearly always sail past the other hunters to look for the easy kill.

I don't blame anyone in particular, it has just become the norm in the game. In fact last week I was hunting around La Habana and saw a Polish Herc so I tagged it, it created all sorts of drama because I attacked another hunter instead of ignoring him.

I can confirm there is some sort of unwriten rule in safe zone that states: Hunter shall not attack another hunter and assist him if he can.

I visited KPR as French raider once and meet another Pirate raider even when there was no one he showed no intentions too tag me   

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

I can confirm there is some sort of unwriten rule in safe zone that states: Hunter shall not attack another hunter and assist him if he can.

I visited KPR as French raider once and meet another Pirate raider even when there was no one he showed no intentions too tag me   

I admit I sailed past a Spanish hunter last night.  He was in a Xebec and I was in a Herc.  Didn't want that fight.  Tagged a Renomee instead.

13 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Honestly I always do zero dramma in any circumstances.

Still I follow the unwritten rule "wolf doesnt eat wolf".

It's not matter of fear or preferance on "seals". It's common sense: we are both in enemy waters usually alone usually both on fast ships: tagging each other with high stakes of also a bunch of "locals" randomly joining on side or the other is what it looks: pretty stupid.

That said, reinforcement zone is quite balanced already... And "always open" mechanic itself put quite a pressure on attacker: time matters a lot.

The downside is that makes even more preferable to focus on small targets.

Having a closed battle let hunter choosing a bigger target. Otherwise the hunter will be often disturbed in the middle of a long sterncamping...

Above suggestion (less incentives to stay in Capitol areas + more incentives to leave and so spreading population) has been repeatly proposed and probably the best solution to end Capitol camping where newbies end up to be in the wrong side of gun simply being there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

the problem is that no one wants to get ganked, if I for instance tag a french player outside kpr, dont you think the brits with their 10 odd ships would think "ooooh! a battle! lets gank these players that kills our casuals!" and jump in one the lower br side? PvP players are near reinforcement zones to pvp because they know they can get a fun fight out of it

5 minutes ago, Liq said:

Im fine with much longer open battles in a supposed to be safer area for noobs

But

Battles being open for half an hour in a so called "patrol zone" is bs.

unless the stupid roe is fixed im fine with the 30 min timer :)

The French leave San Augustine open so that players from any country can have an outpost to go to the US Capital area of Charleston and hunt US players. The Dutch use it a lot. The Pirates and Prussians also have ports on the Florida coast that they use to go to Charleston and hunt US players. 

Every day in combat news you see people from several different Nations “Sank US player outside Charleston”. Sometimes it is US player sank xxx outside of Charleston.  What you don’t ever see in combat news is any player from any of those Nations sinking another player from one of those Nations along the Florida coast where they all have outposts. And here in the forums they complain because of lack of PvP opportunity. They see each other every day and ignore each other. They go to the US Capital and then complain about the “Reinforcement zone”.

The OP and the people he chatted with are fed up with the safe zones and will quit because of them? Whaaaa!!!😰 whaa😢 whaaaaaaaaaaa🤧 Mommy!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Wyy said:

the problem is that no one wants to get ganked, if I for instance tag a french player outside kpr, dont you think the brits with their 10 odd ships would think "ooooh! a battle! lets gank these players that kills our casuals!" and jump in one the lower br side? PvP players are near reinforcement zones to pvp because they know they can get a fun fight out of it

“The problem is that the Gankers don’t want to get ganked”. Really???? But it’s ok to gank others right? That’s why you go to the Capitals right? HYPOCRISY 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wyy said:

Yeah, all those Crew Space, Very Cramped, Light Ship Hammocks and Double Marines outfitted Requins are there for a fun "fight".

At the moment I am having lots of fun in Spanish waters, but that's partly because there are so many different nations for me to fight in one place. Do I attack a trader that strays out of the zone or on its way to jump across Cuba at Batabano? Of course I do! BUT I feel at least 1/3 the ships I encounter are from other nations and if it wasn't for that then I'd think I would've lost interest in the area already.

We should be attacking ALL players we see (providing the sailing profiles allow it) instead of limit our targets to those we deem to be easier.

• Like 3