Game-Labs Forum

Put some commas in these numbers

Can't find any of the old posts, and I know it's been discussed in the past, but this suggestion has not been developed even though the UI has been worked on and it really needs to be done.

DEVS: Divide up the cost numbers with some punctuation.  I don't care if it's commas or periods, but please get some clarification and ease on reading costs.

For example, the attached pic is a clear attempt at deception by some troll in Fort Royal.  Why do we need to put up with this?  In general we simply need more readability, that would apply to every time you list any gold or other monetary figure with a minimum of 5 or 6 digits.

4Mil_Lynx.jpg

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 6

Yes please!

4000000          <- Current
4,000,000        <- for me this is wrong because I'm from the civilized part of the world.  
4.000.000       <-  Might be wrong for imperialists
4 000 000       <- might work for all, but I seriously would prefere 4.000.000 😉

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scrouch said:

What are you talking about ? 🤔

@Jean Ribault Can't you free an extra dock by putting on sale 1 of your ship ? If guess sometimes players put it on sale to gain extra docks ;)

It's true.  Could also be the case here, but this isn't the only time I see it, just an example.  Also seen this name more than once.

Edited by Jean Ribault

8 minutes ago, admin said:

yes.

new UI will have commas in all numbers. If we miss some - let us know.

Thank you for recognizing the issue and resolving to create the solution.

5 minutes ago, Crow said:

Thank you.

Queens English is the way it should be.

The colonials will get used to It.

This is a serious post about the UI, not a comment on nationalism.  Funny nonetheless.  ;)

37 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Thank you for recognizing the issue and resolving to create the solution.

This is a serious post about the UI, not a comment on nationalism.  Funny nonetheless.  ;)

It was meant in jest. 😁

13 minutes ago, Crow said:

It was meant in jest. 😁

Acknowledged; nationalist forum wars are pretty funny at times.  Actually, I wouldn't care if they put dashes or plusses or even smilie faces between the sets as long as it is more readable.  Goal accomplished IMO, glad they are on it. :)