Game-Labs Forum

The goal of this suggestion is to get an open sea area for player who want good pvp battle versus player are searching for that too.

This area can be for example here, in this Pacific bay. Its outside rvr and trading area. Each nation get one port in this area, Any random rotation everyday to dont get mecanic between nation due to position. 

The rules of engagement are same as other part of map except battle rating limit on the tag. 

Player can tow to the pvp area ship but cannot tow back. Cannon, hull repair, rig repair and rum availible for free in the pvp area.

This is just suggestion, the goal is to allow players to found something else as unfair battle like its most of time the case actually.

Edited by Eskiwit
  • Like 2

The suggestion is different as patrol area . The outpost is availible for free, so dont need different outpost like for patrol area. Maybee different reward system for the pvp area look interessant

Edited by Eskiwit

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

WE HAVE A WHOLE SERVER TO PVP IN.....lol 

The goal is just to get a small area whith different engagement rules, different as actually patrol area and reinforcment area (who is the biggest part of pvp) to get quick fair battle without sailing while for unfair battle^

Long time aggo they was a BR limit on tag in naval action, meta was different ;)

Edited by Eskiwit

Just now, Eskiwit said:

The goal is just to get a small area whith different engagement rules, different as actually patrol area and reinforcment area (who is the biggest part of pvp) to get quick fair battle without sailing while for unfair battle^

We had NA:L if failed......

Why not just have a room you can join for PvP. enter the room as a single or in groups and be matched with other singles or groups. Have it so you can look in and see the BR of individuals or groups so you can match their size and then......wait for it...........have a fair PvP match instead of joining someone's combat mission and attacking them when they are at half strength. I know, getting into a somewhat fair fight is a scary idea. But here's the thing. Below average PvPers like myself learn a lot from a fair fight. When another player in a ship of similar strength to mine beats the living piss out of me, I learn. And the next time I may still lose but the other player is going to know he has been in a fight. After a few lessons I have advanced from a below average PvP player to an almost average PvP player. The more fair fights I am in, the better I become.

There is not much to learn by being jumped when way out classed except maybe how to run. and when I am in a large group chasing down 1 or 2 enemy players I learn how to multitask getting chores done around the house while we give chase for an hour.

Running down traders is not PvP. I know it is and should always be part of the game but stop fooling yourselves by thinking that is PvP combat worthy of getting PvP marks. Going out in your bought and paid for, I never have to worry about losing it because I can have a new one tomorrow, Le Requin, and rage boarding 5th rates with 100 less crew is not PvP worthy of getting PvP marks. Just like having the school bully stick your head in a toilet really isn't a fight worthy of bragging to your friends about.

Anybody understand??????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

BR is a lie. An even BR battle doesn't mean it's fair.

A shop cruiser three-five is 155BR baseline, something like 240BR fully upped. A state of the art five-five, all upgraded and slotted would be, by calculation of percentiles effects at standard rate taking into account the base values of the ship (oak-oak), something like 425BR, for the exact same model :) 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Eskiwit said:

pvp is so dead in this game, so much player leave cause open sea is so sad.. this game need new thing, i hope new patch will come with new thing for open world pvp

I don’t know where you sail but PvP is alive and well everywhere I sail my ship. 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2018 at 5:08 AM, Old Crusty said:

Below average PvPers like myself learn a lot from a fair fight. When another player in a ship of similar strength to mine beats the living piss out of me, I learn.

Now I like you forever!

Listen, later on when they get time to look at patrol zone we might get lucky and get fair'ish fights (anti-gank roe). I place an inordinate amount of hope in that.

Weekly duels will be challenging and fun, but I worry about how that will work due to the intention to include mods and loss.

2 hours ago, traitorous mctraitoro said:

bait all players to pvp away from everyone else,

free pup food for all who stay behind

I like it

Knock yourself out, man.

Must be nice to be content with so little substance.