Game-Labs Forum

Protection for new players and traders in the game

14 minutes ago, Tac said:

So just one Freeport? You must be bored of the scenery by now then? Is it prolific there? Do you sink many traders? 

I rarely attack traders (around Tumbado there are a few, since those waters are known for being dangerous so traders avoid it). And, well, there is actually quite some movement there: mainly brits, spanish and pirates.

Edited by victor

8 minutes ago, victor said:

I rarely attack traders (around Tumbado there are a few, since those waters are known for being dangerous so traders avoid it). And, well, there is actually quite some movement there: mainly brits, spanish and pirates.

So it’s just free towns for Pvp ? Or pbs and open sea between the massive safe zones where you would need sheer good luck to stumble into a “serious trader”? 

Sounds like fun.

37 minutes ago, Tac said:

So it’s just free towns for Pvp ? Or pbs and open sea between the massive safe zones where you would need sheer good luck to stumble into a “serious trader”? 

Sounds like fun.

You want to take away free zones to use capital zones as I use now free ports: hunting grounds.

But there's one difference: in your scenario other players will not have the choice to avoid your game. In my they are free to take the risk or not.

So maybe is not so funny, but - at least for me - seems fair.

Edited by victor

11 minutes ago, victor said:

You want to take away free zones to use capital zones as I use now free ports: hunting grounds.

But there's one difference: in your scenario other players will not have the choice to avoid your game. In my they are free to take the risk or not.

So maybe is not so funny, but - at least for me - seems fair.

I’m all for protecting new players maybe up to a certain rank cannot be attacked in a zone, but capitals should be a hub of action or where else does one sail?No screening anymore , free ports only if you have a spare outpost and occasional ganking outside.

Capitals should also be easy to defend as every nations players should have an outpost there but of course the speed meta encourages fir fir gankers which is why they were brought in and I believe all fir fir ships should be burned at the annual fir bonfire night.

As it is now it maybe fair in your eyes it’s boring in mine,they are just to big I mean why are the coastal defences even there? Only reason I see is to give points in a pb.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to kill this game is hunting new players before they have a chance to get acquainted with all of the game's mechanisms.
Your politics in practice: Steam Charts - Naval Action
Every once started. Who of you had two years experienced players against yourself? The needs of veterans are different than the needs of newcomers. The PVE-PVP switch would solve this problem. Or battle zones. Are you afraid of such an idea? Because you would have to fight with each other?

I apologize for my English language. And no, I do not want to play PVE server. This advice was very poor. Just like the gameplay of the one who gave her to me.

26 minutes ago, C0R0NERcz said:

The best way to kill this game is hunting new players before they have a chance to get acquainted with all of the game's mechanisms.
Your politics in practice: Steam Charts - Naval Action
Every once started. Who of you had two years experienced players against yourself? The needs of veterans are different than the needs of newcomers. The PVE-PVP switch would solve this problem. Or battle zones. Are you afraid of such an idea? Because you would have to fight with each other?

I apologize for my English language. And no, I do not want to play PVE server. This advice was very poor. Just like the gameplay of the one who gave her to me.

Ok, guys! This is what you're talking about so much; Getting new players to come, but more importantly to stay. @C0R0NERcz is a new forum account though we can't know about his game rank.

So here's a new guy expressing frustration about losing his shit. I feel for him, whenever I've had to do eco activities I've been extremely loss averse. I used to make insane trading ships that noone could catch unless I was afk. Now they changed traders so anything but Tlynx is easy to catch. And the people cheered. But the pain got so severe we had to make safe zones.

I don't know what truly motivates sandbox dudes, I assume that's the kind of guys you want to recruit as the pure pvp players drift away on a sad breeze. They don't want to play on the PVE server but they don't want to be interrupted on PVP server.

I stopped chasing traders a long, long time ago as it's inherently boring and I don't role-play at all. I only nab whatever's in front of me and that I do without discrimination:

2f18123a7861d22772e8b72efbc7e16e.png

"Great job, jodgi!"... Maybe? I took about 300k worth of stuff from this daredevil or fool or clueless new swede. Maybe he accepted the risk or maybe he ragequit? I'm not ashamed. I don't mind if we chase away every single last sandbox/eco/trader dude on the server. I don't need them. Like @Malachy says: "They're useless for the purposes of the pure-pvp player" (paraphrased).

But there are quite a few of you who say you like the sandbox with the combined silly eco and PVE combined with PVP terror. What do you guys REALLY want when you have to put your money where the mouth is? Some of you are opposed to safe zones but you want to cultivate new guys. It's like watching a dog chase it's tail. You want trade wars, you want victims but noone signs up for that job. Then we blame the devs right and left.

As usual I have no solutions as I've come to think you guys are impossibly divided in impulse driven needs and ideas, but consider this:

Would super speed traders be better than safe zones?

We could go back to traders only smart, grouped up or dedicated trader hunters could catch. Or do we need to protect guys making cash in missions as well?

OW has taught me one thing first and foremost: To be supercalifragilisticexpialidociously vary of eco games.

Haven't you heard!!!!!  The British,  French and Dutch are planning to ban all pvp and rvr in there national waters...

It's not like the British or French already have 20+ greenzone ports they want every port to be a safe zone!

All you pvp/rvr players from Global going Dutch, French or British, I reall hope you enjoy your pvp/rvr ban... "Carebear land, mark II" will be an amazing sight....!

Give me strength.... 

This is not q post about how hard it is to trade, (which is bs), it's a post about...

"It's unfair that I can't trade the most profitable goods on the busiest trade routes without fear or loosing my money/ships!!!"

I make a killing doing out of the way goods collections, then once/twice a week I go to a hot zone to sell... It's not rocket science....

Christ if your British, you used to be able to collect goods from the Belize region (greenzone) and sail across empty waters to the kpr (greenzone) without fear of seeing another nation....

Oops!! sorry that we, Russians, got in the way!!

At the end of the day I know players from all nation's making 10+mill a week from out of the way trade runs!!!

26 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Please explain, how can you ban pvp in national waters?

They made a proposal that the British,French and Dutch would only pve in national waters. It's the return of the carebear alliance!

Personally I think it's crazy that they invited the Spanish! Then the French attached a Spanish screening fleet! It's crazy that French + Gb would advertise to global players that they are a pve nation alienating those who want to pvp/rvr. At least do it after the merger!!!

Oh well. Global players at least you know what your getting re-rolling gb/French/Dutch.... Pve ftw...

5 hours ago, monk33y said:

Oops!! sorry that we, Russians, got in the way!!

At the end of the day I know players from all nation's making 10+mill a week from out of the way trade runs!!!

...just to hurt and destroy, how typical!

Why strong clans hurt others on the map in all areas?
The resistance of individuals is futile and what are the consequences? Yesterday two friends stopped playing:(
I do not understand why developers will not allow non-clan players to survive.

4 minutes ago, C0R0NERcz said:

The resistance of individuals is futile and what are the consequences? Yesterday two friends stopped playing:(

Why have your friends stopped playing? 

13 minutes ago, C0R0NERcz said:

There's a pve only server for trading etc!

I don't understand how people only want 100% safety all the time... Doesn't it get Borring afk sailing around the map.

Mabey I'm just from a different generation where in games, you had to work for things instead of being given it on a plate!!

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1

If you sail alone, sail the right trade ship, don't expect to trade outside safe zones in Indianmans or even Trader Brigs.  Since I started playing again on EU since the wipe, I've been making money trading (I hate missions) doing Gustavia to Christensed (as a pirate) trade runs in a Traders Lynx when I feel like taking a risk (otherwise La Mona to that one port on the North side, can't remember what it's called). Haven't been caught yet, been tagged plenty of times. Unless there are people sailing Lynxs around (which you never see) a traders Lynx is impossible to catch unless you are sailing AFK. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C0R0NERcz said:

Focusing only on the fight is bad! This game is beautiful because it offers a combination of trading and crafting (and yes even a fight).
But just fight destroyed this game.

Not saying you are wrong, but do you know the game was built on the 'just fight'. Missions were added later. 

• Like 1

I just fear a element of risk versus reward is better...!

Certain nations have next to no risk! Players are getting used to being able to sail and collect any and every resource under the sun without any risk.

If a nation has big safezones then (in my opinion) that nations safe ports should purchase goods at half the price of everywhere else.

I can't help but chuckle when players complain about being attacked outside or on the edge of a greenzone..! Looks what the Russians did they took ports from the British in the heart of the pve zone, next to a greenzone. That was an attempt for them to get pvp. It worked...!

I am a very strong believer that safezone ports need unique trade goods and unique resources removed.....

On 29.11.2017 at 6:20 PM, C0R0NERcz said:

If you do not safe new players before the attack of the bandits, remaine in this game only clans. (you know which ...)

Please increase area the protection zones for low-level players.
Place the protection zones around all national ports.

You need to Improve protection of Traders.
Do not allow capturing a port to be in the deep area of another nation. Gangers spoil the game to all newcomers and merchants. This game has the potential that PVP players have not yet found. 

Unless these conditions are met, it is completely useless to work on trade or craft mechanisms.

Forget it.

All the PvEers have long left the Game.

You only got Gankers and RPKs left which want no PvP against a challenging enemy but easy kills of Traders and New Players.

Since they are now the Majority this ****hole of a Ganker Server the Game is slowly dying resulting in ever less targets for them and thus them demanding protection to be lowered even further to reach whats still left.

A devils circle which will repeat till nothing is left.

• Like 1

Traders that use their head are ... rarely intercepted. True story. Especially with the low playercount we have now.

Been trading for a few months now, mostly in enemy waters ... Not once did I get 'ganked', I have been intercepted 3 times (by a frig, a snow and a prince), three times I had no cargo onboard ... If you get ganked, you picked the wrong moment, don't know the area, took too many chances, are way too obvious/predictable.