Game-Labs Forum

Idea: Additional Nations for the future maybe…

In the last patch we saw an additional three nations Prussia Poland and Russia added, all European based.

Just a thought, if @admin is wanting to push localization with NA OW & NAL to China, Japan and South Korea then maybe give them something to tempt them. First things first Open up the Panama Canal 100 years earlier than actually happened.

Have say San Francisco as a BASE port for China and Zheng He as a RvR AI fleet or playable Nation. Hawaii have as a BASE PORT for the Korean Mongol hordes moving on from there third successful invasion of the Japans. You get the sort of idea…

No need for new ships, but if a Massive AI Zheng He trading fleet could be Co-Op raided as an idea. Works in both PvP and PvE worlds.

This is obviously a bit down the road type of idea. Attracting ASEAN players with this type of content may help. However, EU PBs will be a bit rough on the local time zones though…

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 2

In my humble opinion a more prominent seafaring nation has been ignored: Portugal. A major player in unlocking the Indian Trade route with significant possessions across the globe. I understand the logic of catering for player base nations...imho with the Brazilian possession, Portugal is more relevant to the that side of the world than the new nations...and not very difficult to expand the map to include that area.

That being said I would suggest including Portugal before any oriental nations who did not have a footprint in said region.

• Like 4

@Sir William Hargood

your point is absolutely correct and one I agree with. However the OP is to help more with the marketing to this customer base @adminsuggested as localization targets. The oriental side yes is a leap, but those target areas may empathize seeing a Zheng He type attraction even if out of the RL timeline. It was just a badly thought out suggestion as @Flash Jackwould agree with.

Yes, I do understand the logic behind the customer base approach which in itself is positive. It just saddens me that such a great maritime nation be ignored. An interesting point to note is that a one stage Portugal had claimed possession of Barbados but had never pursued colonization thereof. That event perhaps falling outside of the game time-frame.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

In the last patch we saw an additional three nations Prussia Poland and Russia added, all European based.

Just a thought, if @admin is wanting to push localization with NA OW & NAL to China, Japan and South Korea then maybe give them something to tempt them. First things first Open up the Panama Canal 100 years earlier than actually happened.

Have say San Francisco as a BASE port for China and Zheng He as a RvR AI fleet or playable Nation. Hawaii have as a BASE PORT for the Korean Mongol hordes moving on from there third successful invasion of the Japans. You get the sort of idea…

No need for new ships, but if a Massive AI Zheng He trading fleet could be Co-Op raided as an idea. Works in both PvP and PvE worlds.

This is obviously a bit down the road type of idea. Attracting ASEAN players with this type of content may help. However, EU PBs will be a bit rough on the local time zones though…

Norfolk.

So you wanna attract.. chinese and japanese players to the game? I am not sure if i am saying this correctly , so correct me if i am wrong. I heard from some people and websites that many people from china and japan cant speak English. I am not sure if this is true , so again.. correct me if i am wrong :) 

Edited by GreatTimo

Just now, Norfolk nChance said:

No that is what @adminwould like to do

Okey.. i understand why he wants to do it.. money :). And that makes perfect sense :) Now i heard some history on the Chinese and Japanese ships.. i want to know more ;p I am going on a research tour ;p. People always said to me that they didnt have ships like Europe at all..? Is that true?

Chinese, Mongols and Japanese sailing Victories might be stretching it a bit.  Maybe find another alternative nation where you guys will be more willing to join? I guess Portugal is a good option since they had Goa in India,  Macau in China and traded with the Japanese since the mid 16th century. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

Chinese, Mongols and Japanese sailing Victories might be stretching it a bit.  Maybe find another alternative nation where you guys will be more willing to join? I guess Portugal is a good option since they had Goa in India,  Macau in China and traded with the Japanese since the mid 16th century. 

Aye , i agree with you :) 

a chinese merchant

Illustrated_London_News_-_1_April_1848.j

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keying_(ship)

made from chinese teak

Class and type: Junk
Tons burthen: 800 tonnes
Length: 160 ft (45 m)
Beam: 35 ft (10.7 m)
Depth of hold: 19 ft (5.8 m)
Propulsion: Three-masted junk rig
Complement: 42
Armament: 20 cannons
Notes: Chinese teak used for the construction

In Chinese furniture, Teak was often seen in western style “colonial Shanghai style” and art deco pieces especially during the 1920’ies and 30’ies. After the first colonizers reached Burma in the early as the 1820’s, furniture ranging from Victorian style furniture to British campaign style to art deco style began coming out of the region and was popular in cosmopolitan cities in Asia. Today Teakwood sculptures, Teak garden furniture, recycled Teak furniture and Teak outdoor furniture are strong sellers, primarily due to the durability of Teak wood. Indonesia and Thailand are major sources for Teak wood furniture.

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

@Eléazar de Damas

Yes, like the idea of a tow mechanic for the “Panama Canal” and would solve some ganking issues etc.

@Thonys

Love the Illustrated London News article and “Chinese Teak…”. Simply brilliant.

@Sella22

Think the Portugal, Macau link is a very good idea. The Treasure Ships with silver were legendary. Even today Macau keeps hold of its Portuguese past with pride.

The two games will need marketing to a wider audience than just staying within the EU sphere. This I totally agree with @admin. This thread was just an off the cuff idea that am sure more of you have better ones to share… can’t wait for @Flash Jack

As a proud Yorkshireman living the expat life in Hong Kong for exactly 20 years this month I’ve come to love my Far Eastern home. Not really related to my OP below is a link to the Hong Kong Maritime Museum. If anybody is coming to Hong Kong it’s well worth a visit.

If you’d like a cheap tour guide (price of a pint) am willing to come along with you. It even as a section for @Sir Texas Sir ASEAN brothers… The Sea Bandits…

http://www.hkmaritimemuseum.org/eng/visit/general-information/15/

Norfolk.

Norfolk. Wonderful idea. Admiral Zheng He's voyages were great indeed. This could be the tool to excite and get the Asian market. On the PvP servers, for game balance we'd have to keep it to this era's ships but on the PvE server it would be nice to incorporate other ships from other times and places. The canal could be handled by a safety zone at each end. If enough copies sold maybe the devs would add all of North and South America together with Europe and the Mediterranean for the PvP servers I'd really like the whole world for the PvE server. I'd write more now that I'm stirred up but have to go to work.      

• Like 1

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/2017-video-game-trends-and-statistics-whos-playing-what-and-why/

Norfolk. The devs need to look at this. There is a world map showing the gaming world. For the future of the game the devs need to make money. They have wives, children and such that have to be paid for. China, the rest of Asia, North and South America, Europe and even some of Africa. There is a lot of potential money there. Need to get all that money for the devs so I can fund the full globe, HAHAHA.

Now I better get back to work.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EdWatchmaker said:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/2017-video-game-trends-and-statistics-whos-playing-what-and-why/

Norfolk. The devs need to look at this. There is a world map showing the gaming world. For the future of the game the devs need to make money. They have wives, children and such that have to be paid for. China, the rest of Asia, North and South America, Europe and even some of Africa. There is a lot of potential money there. Need to get all that money for the devs so I can fund the full globe, HAHAHA.

Now I better get back to work.  

well am sure if @adminhad a quick business trip to HK, China, South Korea and Japan (Sydney and Wellington might be a tad far in one go) he'd see the screaming potential. He might even pay me with a beer or two...?    

• Like 1

https://www.fastmetrics.com/internet-connection-speed-by-country.php

Norfolk another map. This one of world internet service. I see money. People that like to game, gamers that might like our game. I really like it that you are taking a busman's holiday on EU server. I hope this can be puzzled out for the betterment of the game.

Off too work now. Reinventing myself at age 70 is harder work than working was. HAHAHA, such is life.