• Princes Wilhelmina
    • Wenden
    • Vrijheid class
    • Téméraire class
    • Montañés class
    • Wreker class
    • HMS Foudroyant

8 hours ago, victor said:

Also here it seems that Devs said a thing and made another: if I do not remember wrong they told that we should choose a new 3rd rate, a new super frigate and a new medium frigate ... result .... we have 3 new third rates in the pipeline!

We were told clearly this was a vote for ONE ship.  That's what you're going to get.

6 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

We were told clearly this was a vote for ONE ship.  That's what you're going to get.

Still we will be full of redundant 3rd rates (likely to be all outclassed by the "undercover" 3rd rate known as the mighty Wasa). And this will not be such a good thing.

I would have preferred one ship per category.

Edited by victor

15 minutes ago, victor said:

Still we will be full of redundant 3rd rates (likely to be all outclassed by the "undercover" 3rd rate known as the mighty Wasa). And this will not be such a good thing.

I would have preferred one ship per category.

Perhaps no ships at all? 

37 minutes ago, victor said:

Instead of three of the same kind, I would have preferred one of three kind.

What this has to do with "no ship at all"?

Would you mind elaborating?

I can see why you're upset, and while I too would have preferred for one from each category, I'm satisfied to have at least one of my wishes met, even if it, possibly, wasn't taken into consideration.

You can't seem to find any silver lining in this decision, so would you rather have no ships at all instead of three new ships voted for?  I mean, they don't have to make ships for us.

Edited by Haratik

The 3 vessels selected to make it into the game were miles ahead of the 4th position, a good indicator that 3rd rates were strongly requested by the players and underrepresented in the game.  Excellent decision from the devs on this one.

Edited by Serk

2 hours ago, Haratik said:

I mean, they don't have to make ships for us.

Please, excuse in advance my poor English if I make a mistake (and my teasing spirit anyway).:D

They don't have to make ships for us, but they must make ships for us (if they want to run their business well), right ?

must... have to... English grammar...

Edited by LeBoiteux

15 hours ago, Haratik said:

I can see why you're upset, and while I too would have preferred for one from each category, I'm satisfied to have at least one of my wishes met, even if it, possibly, wasn't taken into consideration.

You can't seem to find any silver lining in this decision, so would you rather have no ships at all instead of three new ships voted for?  I mean, they don't have to make ships for us.

I'm not upset with Devs. Simply I find that three different ships (one for each kind) would have made more sense.

31 minutes ago, victor said:

Simply I find that three different ships (one for each kind) would have made more sense.

Indeed.

But now it's too late to say so. It wasn't when devs settled the rules of this poll or when voters massively started voting for the three 3-Rates.

Vox populi, Vox devi.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Vox populi, Vox devi.

6 minutes ago, victor said:

I think it's "vox dei" (genitive first declination deus/dei) :lol:

Creating the genitive of devs (developers) = fun attempt.

"Vox populi, Vox devi" = "the voice of the people is NA devs' voice"

Too bad, my joke failed... :D

Edited by LeBoiteux

1 hour ago, LeBoiteux said:

Creating the genitive of devs (developers) = fun attempt.

"Vox populi, Vox devi" = "the voice of the people is NA devs' voice"

Too bad, my joke failed... :D

Nah ... it was a nice one. It's me that did not get it.

I must be becoming emotionally dead. The ship I voted for, and believed long overdue for implementation into the game, the Temeraire, made it after all, despite getting clobbered in the polls. What's more, I've long considered 3rd rates to be one of the most under-represented rates in the game, and now we have not one, but three new 3rd rates in development. And yet all I made was one little post the other day. 

Here, here's a proper response: Pop that champagne! 

tenor.gif

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 9:27 AM, Barberouge said:

The poll is now closed.

The 3 vessels with the most votes have been chosen to be added to the line-up:

• Montañés
  • Wrecker
  • Téméraire

The exact date is unknown yet and depends on many factors, but most likely the 3 new ships could be added during 2018.

Poll results:

pMR9IWW.png

Thanks to all who proposed and voted, and enjoy your future sailing !

just now saw this. The first dutch ship, and a beautiful one at that! huzzah!

• 7 months later...
On 10/7/2017 at 12:32 AM, Barberouge said:
  • Venus (1783, Swedish 40-gun frigate)

Venus was built following the Bellona design by Fredrik Chapman, the first frigates to carry 24-pounder guns. She was captured by the Russians in 1789. She retained the same name in Imperial Russian service and participated in the battle of Reval and in the battle of Vyborg Bay. She was sold to the Kingdom of Naples in 1807 to avoid capture by the British. Venus and her sister ships sailed exceptionally well, doing 13-14 knots with a good wind.

Really hope we get this one some time. Seems to be the favourite among the frigates in the poll aswell...

Edited by Sovereign

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...