Game-Labs Forum

How has the new patch affected the pve server

Rebrall

We have a PvE server?  I always thought that was PvP2/GLOBAL?  Just joking but yah would like to know how they are doing.  I been meaning to pop in and see how the patch messed up the map for ya'll.  I heard a few post about it limiting things. I think they should let you attack ports and flip them against the AI.  Maybe up the AI in the PB's for ya'll since your not fighting against players.   12 would be a good middle ground number of ships.   Though best would be do a mix number depending on port an resources.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, CaptainCaveMan said:

Would like to see more AI fleets to attack...too few 1500+ BR fleets for me to attack...anything less than 1000BR is not a match for single L'Ocean or Santi.  Raids on ports would add more into the mix.  I know that there are other suggested things that can be added for content.

Love the name btw 

hopefully once we get the game functional which it for sure heading that way we can get more content all around for us all

1 hour ago, CaptainCaveMan said:

Would like to see more AI fleets to attack...too few 1500+ BR fleets for me to attack...anything less than 1000BR is not a match for single L'Ocean or Santi.  Raids on ports would add more into the mix.  I know that there are other suggested things that can be added for content.

If all the servers have the same AI fleets IMO there are too many silly AI fleets of totally random ships that make no sense, and not enough single 3rd-5th rates for  to battle when I'm playing 4th and 5th Rates solo.  I hate seeing silly "Constitution, 2xBelle Poule, Mercury, Snow, 2xLynx" type fleets  When what I want is some individual 5th Rates.

44 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If all the servers have the same AI fleets IMO there are too many silly AI fleets of totally random ships that make no sense, and not enough single 3rd-5th rates for  to battle when I'm playing 4th and 5th Rates solo.  I hate seeing silly "Constitution, 2xBelle Poule, Mercury, Snow, 2xLynx" type fleets  When what I want is some individual 5th Rates.

I know what you mean with the mix of the ships in the AI fleets...would love a bigger mixture of 1st to 3rd rate fleets.  PvP AI fleets would be less as the whole premise would be players attacking each other.

• 1 year later...

Normaly think it is so 2/3 is on war and 1/3 is on peace server. No doubt there is a place for a PvE server.

Personally i think with patrolezone for PvP and maybe some light RvR(20 ports only), the PvE server would be bigger than the War server. The safty of PvE would still be the same, so really no change for PvE players. But think the casual PvP/RvR player would join that server. Admins 2 hour man.

PBs are the end game content of this game, if the peace server had them in an AI form, we’ll see longevity amongst players, not to mention an extra end goal of realm gameplay (AI style), along with the current goal of acquiring and battling with 1st rates.  

Already we have battlegroups of solo’s and casuals forming up to fight AI fleets, AI PBs would work just the same.

Edited by Guest

I am not talking. About Ai pb’s. But player vs Player. But only for lets say 15-20 ports on the map. It will have no affect on the PvE players. But it would be a good place for the casual PvP player But also for new players. When they wanted to try war server they should be able to clone there Char to the war server, But only once. But think they only should get rank, crafting, knowledge over and maybe a small amount if real and dbl to start up. Think both server would gain from it.

10 hours ago, staun said:

I am not talking. About Ai pb’s. But player vs Player. But only for lets say 15-20 ports on the map. It will have no affect on the PvE players. But it would be a good place for the casual PvP player But also for new players. When they wanted to try war server they should be able to clone there Char to the war server, But only once. But think they only should get rank, crafting, knowledge over and maybe a small amount if real and dbl to start up. Think both server would gain from it.

PBs, realm or end game is all the same thing.

Adding AI PBs to the war server won’t get any of us to which or build pop. Adding more AIs/NPCs “RNG content” to the war server won't solve the problem, adding or returning “sustainability” via NPCs for casuals, solo’s, advancement and loser’s will.

Dev’s don’t seem to understand the difference between a sustainable grind and a RNG grind. 

Edited by Guest

Just wish there were more 5th and 4th rate fleets, there are too many 1st/2nd and 3rd rate ships sailing around, it's just too rare to see a 5th and a 4th rate fleet, you gotta hunt for hours to find one that actually contains more than just 1 or 2.

Definetly felt that the NPCs were giving more of a fight few days ago, some stuff like the turn rates and reverse speed is still a little bit bugged for my taste. Saw a 3rd rate doing almost 5kn reverse trying to give me a broadside, and once I manuvered around her, she was actually screend right by side me and gave me another broadside like it was NOTHING.

Trade routes should be connected towards the most active free towns and capitals, imo.

7 hours ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

Just wish there were more 5th and 4th rate fleets, there are too many 1st/2nd and 3rd rate ships sailing around, it's just too rare to see a 5th and a 4th rate fleet, you gotta hunt for hours to find one that actually contains more than just 1 or 2.

Definetly felt that the NPCs were giving more of a fight few days ago, some stuff like the turn rates and reverse speed is still a little bit bugged for my taste. Saw a 3rd rate doing almost 5kn reverse trying to give me a broadside, and once I manuvered around her, she was actually screend right by side me and gave me another broadside like it was NOTHING.

Trade routes should be connected towards the most active free towns and capitals, imo.

Those fleets exist mate

Take a mission to Hunt 5th rates and it tells you were best to find them

200 players peak on weekend evenings.

We might even get stronger than PvP server, in my opinion, if two things happen:

- consensual duels enabled, or even groups meeting for arranged PvP battles (also consensual)

- no wipe on PvE, as there it makes even less sense to wipe our belongings than it does on PvP (Admin: "In 2 weeks it will be as before anyway")

• 1 year later...
On 1/9/2019 at 8:54 PM, Portuguese Privateer said:

Check down around Maracaibo. Many, many 5th rates sail around there.