Game-Labs Forum

Ramming and Sinking...Really?

Weltenfeind77

I was ramming a damn AI cutter without front mast what dont do anything with 9kn in the middle what happen?

yeah right my snow sunk not the bloody cutter.

A joke right?

Captain

Lots of lives were lost at sea because of ramming. Don't ram if you your men are not working the pumps. Even when pumps are working you can still sink because ramming damage is devastating and depends on your speed and relative mass.

• Like 4

Captain

Lots of lives were lost at sea because of ramming. Don't ram if you your men are not working the pumps. Even when pumps are working you can still sink because ramming damage is devastating and depends on your speed and relative mass.

I was on Survival and i have no water in my ship i was Turning into the water ... he (the little cutter) flip my bloody Snow.

SNOW VS CUTTER the ship is 3 time bigger it would break

Timber shivering from violent collision...structure cohesion lost... water starts pouring in fast...

Also 9 knots is pretty damn fast for a Snow mass colliding against anything. You will receive quite a shock and fatal damage hitting anything that isn't at the very best 1/10 of your mass which isn't the case of the Cutter.

Not even pumps will help you.

i have 3 enemies 89 % sale left so i have choose to ram the AI cause he is in rigging shock and i ramm him get above him he was under water almost complete i have no water in it only a little leak and then i was flipping im sorry for beeing angry first but i was really mad i think you can understand why.

he was a good player shoot with his 2 AI my sails and yeah

The ships mounting eachother and flipping, etc. really needs to be fixed. The physics are clearly far off from reality in that area, and it is indeed extremely frustrating to lose a ship because you bump into the side of another ship of about the same size going about the same speed and same course and suddenly turn turtle.

However, you really can't complain if you are intentionally ramming the broadside of another ship. The outcome should be worse for the rammer, just not via nonsense physics.

• Like 1

The outcome should be worse for the rammer, just not via nonsense physics.

Really? My front crash in his middle i will be the fucked up?

no he would breacking and would still floating

I mean its a Cutter.

And a snow is significant bigger cause its a Brig class.

that Fliping is really anoying

Edited by Weltenfeind77

Snow is not that much bigger. It is not going to cut a cutter in half. Bows were somewhat structurally stronger than broadsides, but not much and not for ramming purposes. Both ships would suffer structural damage, the difference would be that structural damage to the bow would be much more difficult to repair. Add to that the destruction of the ramming ship's forward rigging and masts, and the potential loss of all masts due to deceleration and the ramming ship should absolutely come out the loser.

That's pretty much a pilot cutter, nothing to do with the sea faring vessel.

I would put our own cutter closer to a Ketch. Same broadside length of six carriages. Only difference is the aft mast.

It is a lot of mass. The impact will not break the keel but the cutwater boards would surely snap.

You have a snow? a trader snow or a battle ready snow with cannons? if it's the latter did you run out of ammo or something? if a battle ready snow can't kill a cutter without ramming then you have a ship made of balsa wood or need to work on your combat skills.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Please keep it respectful. Rule #1.

You have a snow? a trader snow or a battle ready snow with cannons? if it's the latter did you run out of ammo or something? if a battle ready snow can't kill a cutter without ramming then you have a ship made of balsa wood or need to work on your combat skills.

No i have a half build snow -.-

Sure i have a damn battle snow with damn cannons...

you dont pay attention i was fiiting a player in pickle and 2 cutter...

and he is shooting my sail and my Wood type was Teak....

Ah, I remember that fight. Ramming is indeed a risky business and there is more to it than it looks. The wave you ride before you make the impact plays a huge part of it, then its up to RNG gods.

you was that?:D

then i need to say sorry for some bad words :P

Was a good work from you :)

In my view it was a good ramm, good speed and a high impact and then bam sea turtle :D