Game-Labs Forum

Red, White and Blue

GrapeShot

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question, that has probably already be answered somewhere but alas, I am very blind when I want to try and find something I need answered.

The question is..... Will we ever, at any point in the game, be able to blockade a port for so long that we actually take over the port? Or something like an economic takeover instead. Bribe the Governor and then buy out all the businesses in the area. Then suddenly refuse to sell to whoever owns the port originally, until they can no longer stay there. That seems like a cool, but in hindsight, incredibly unrealistic idea to me.

Did the developers ever mention something like that ever being implemented? I mainly ask thanks to the sizable distance between our capital, and the nearest port to actually launch missions from is off Florida. Thanks to its neutrality we can use it and the other nearby one. But ya know, always nice to expand our territory.

Also, just saying hello to my fellow Americans. All the way from the great landlocked state of Nevada.....sigh..... Lets get out there and kill some Old World fools! That always makes me happy.

Aye my fellow patriots. Today is a day to celebrate life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Add to that, also the pursuit of fat monarchist trader brigs and snows and the sinking of the furrin vermin that infest our Carib lake as Brother Powderhorn mentioned.  

Life, Liberty, and the Happiness of Pursuit. 

• 1 month later...

The Red white and Blue name is kinda confusing ^^

In that it can be used for half the nations in the game The British,The Dutch,the French (Republic) and The US

all have flags that are Red White and Blue.

except the "red, white, and blue" is a specific phrase used for the US flag.  For france, it's "bleu, blanc, rouge", in other words, the opposite.  For Brits, it's the Union Jack.  And idk what it is for Dutch.

So it doesn't describe more than the US flag actually.  (at least figuratively)

• 3 weeks later...

Well met Yank uhm GrapeShot, i will be sure to load me cannons to offer ye a proper welcome when i see you on the open seas, a most proper mind you! ;)

Oh red, white 'n blue you say? Well that'd be the Dutch flag!

post-14671-0-63463200-1443612070_thumb.jpg

Edited by Henrik

I corrected your spelling into proper Englanderese for you. After all, I would hate for you to be turned down for entrance into Oxford or Eton or some other foppy English school for lack of enough 'U's in your writing.

I am from Scotland mate and i will deak ye!!!!!! :P  ;)  :)  :P

Edited by HMS Scatter

• 2 months later...

Ahoy, permission to come aboard, GrapeShot.  Old Gringo Military looking for a new base and eager comrades.  Looks like Murphy knows no particular time period...currently down for equipment repair.   Look forward to seeing many of you soon...sharing a similar sight picture... cannon smoke  and fair winds.

Enjoy the holidays.

• Like 1