Game-Labs Forum

Sea Trials results and next steps

So for Sea Trails nr 2 you will send invites for new players as well or only same old testers?

it would make sense to put the old gang back, as we already are familiar with the game and can tell what new updates actually do to gameplay (improving it or not) 

well - this game has taken us by surprise and it is still because of the level of commitment of the Devs and the whole team as well as the existing community. They all  have done a great job in all regards. i think it will show that the high level of interacting has done a LOT to understand both, the role of a game developer and as tester - at least for me. And the community really shows it´s immersion by contributing loads, both in data but as well in following and feeding the Forum.

GJ all and I am SO looking to the future of this title...   ;)

Edited by Kpt Ahab

If "wipes" are expected, how will you know who is qualified to test open world (available only to owners of Santisima), or will open world testing be done by the time sea trials 2 begins?

as we said.. everyone will get in in 3 stages to not crash everything at the same time.

1) old testers first

2) santi owners second

3) everyone third. 

But wait won't be long as we need to do some stress testing as well. More on this will be posted later.

• Like 6

Will Santi owners be included in testing stage 2 please?

As a retired 69 year old Santi owner, I have plenty of time on my hands :)

Four posts above yours:

as we said.. everyone will get in in 3 stages to not crash everything at the same time.

1) old testers first

2) santi owners second

3) everyone third. 

But wait won't be long as we need to do some stress testing as well. More on this will be posted later.

• Like 1

Fellow captains and Devs,

Hey...what about a Sea Trials category for "Sank FIRST most often", or, "Most crew members able to swim", or "Contributed the most damage points TO OTHER PLAYERS in a game"?  How about "Fastest abandoned ship drill in the fleet"

All I can say is that just as every food chain has its apex predators (and it appears that I have run afoul of most of them by looking at the names associated with these stats) each also has to have its grazers. If your going to get farmed for damage points....make 'em work for it!  From these stats, had I lived in the age of sail, I would probably not have survived my midshipman years.

But you know what.  I have had A BLAST not only playing with and against you all, but in being educated in the forums and in the arena by some true gentlemen (and possibly gentle-ladies for all I know).  I will continue to hone my Naval Action skill set (fishing from the poop deck, small boat handling in rough waters, emergency stops to avoid unintentional ramming, arena play-by-plays from the clouds after sinking, being the poster boy for "in irons or how not to manual sail", or others) to make myself less of a hazard to my fellow captains and my intensely loyally, yet not too bright, but extremely physically fit crew.

See you all in open world.  Just look for me running the Trin sitting high aground on the lighthouse island with the crew out barbequing next to the clothes lines, or the Bellona hove to in a lovely tropical bay, flying the underwear ensign and the crew ashore on the beach partying with the local native girls.

HF Dean

(poosd)  

• Like 5

7000?!?

I guess 6500 was playing PvE only.

Game-Labs - It was best alpha I have ever been in. To be honest it was better than most full games released in last years.

My first words in game:

11/21/2014 10:17:04 PM

Leonidos: how to shoot?
PrezesOi: space
Marquiz: left clik full brodside
PrezesOi: first righ mouse button to aim
Leonidos: k thx
PrezesOi: HA! first kill! and first death!
Brutish Vulgarian: we sink easy
PrezesOi: im not a virgin anymore!
Brutish Vulgarian: i wasnt even watching the water rise
Brutish Vulgarian: until it was too late
Marquiz: Vulg u vet should fight better :P
Brutish Vulgarian: it would have been a billiant move, if i didn't sink, lol
Marquiz: hehe :)

Edited by PrezesOi
  • Like 2

Cutter is indeed a surprise. Never would have thought it is the best ship in the game based by its win rate.

the cutter is a great ship.

and low number of battles in it to progress to the next ship probably helped that win rate a little.

I'm guessing it is the low number of battles.  I don't like the cutter, and it is the only non-new ship I don't have 50 battles in and won't.  I mean, it is ok, armament is nice, but isn't to my taste compared to the Lynx, Yacht or Privateer.

I'm guessing it is the low number of battles.  I don't like the cutter, and it is the only non-new ship I don't have 50 battles in and won't.  I mean, it is ok, armament is nice, but isn't to my taste compared to the Lynx, Yacht or Privateer.

The main advantage is that it has a really low profile so it's able to fight larger ships for this reason.