Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Final version released]

Nick Thomadis

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Update 11]

[Update 11]
- Fixed various long standing issues of auto-design code, resulting in many errors in late tech ships due to cancelling a design because of empty barbettes (which now are handled more efficiently). The auto-design time and results should be now the best so far in the game.
- +7 more hulls increasing the total new hulls to 74. Please read the long list at the end for those new ships.
- Fixed issue that resulted in the bombardment of the enemy port even when you have withdrawn from the battle.
- Various minor fixes and improvements in many hulls.
- US "Large Scout Cruiser" hull was replaced by another model. Any campaign using this ship will surely be bugged, please note, do not report this error. Just restart your campaign.

***It is advised to restart your campaigns to notice all the improvements and have no bugs. If you choose to continue your campaign, please do not report any issue to us.***

Please Restart Steam to get this update fast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@Nick Thomadis Just started a fresh campaign after the update and, as japan, "Dreadnought Improvements I" comes right after "Longitudinal Strength of Hull Girder II" instead of the Dreadnought I hull research. Not sure if this is a bug or a revision of the order of research. I imagine it's a bug because it was not this way before this most recent patch.

Research.png

• Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Update 12]

[Update 12]
- Fixed some minor hull issues that were reported.
- Optimization for the auto-design in some hull types.
- Optimization of the tooltip timer (it is now shorter).

Please note that no other new hull is planned to be added, unless you guys advise that is needed to fill the technology gap of a nation. No save wipe out is expected either before the finalization of the patch, unless a major bug is found that needs it. We expect to release the patch next week, when we add new  Naval Academy missions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lima said:

This problem is still present for the aft casemates of these hulls (fore casemates have been fixed)

32.png

10 hours ago, Arkk said:

@Nick Thomadis Just started a fresh campaign after the update and, as japan, "Dreadnought Improvements I" comes right after "Longitudinal Strength of Hull Girder II" instead of the Dreadnought I hull research. Not sure if this is a bug or a revision of the order of research. I imagine it's a bug because it was not this way before this most recent patch.

Research.png

11 hours ago, Lima said:

Austro-Hungarian “Armored Cruiser IV” - casemates

Problems with the placement of two first (fore and aft) casemate guns, when using 5-inch guns.

31.png

11 hours ago, Lima said:

Italian “Fast Semi-Dreadnought” - graphical issue 

30.png

Thank you, fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, flaviohc16 said:

WHERE, tell me where and nobody will be hurt!! 😅

its in the params-resources.assets. Nick changed it to 0.5 in U12 and it is very nice ( I had it to 0.33, but 0.5 is just about purrfect)

Edited by MDHansen
  • Thanks 1

QOL request: Upon clicking a particular section of the tech tree, I would like to see the current research listed first then the list of past/finished research listed below that in descending order starting with the most recent. This is because the oldest research is the least relevant and I get very tired of scrolling to the bottom of a long list of past research to glance at what is most relevant.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arkk said:

QOL request: Upon clicking a particular section of the tech tree, I would like to see the current research listed first then the list of past/finished research listed below that in descending order starting with the most recent. This is because the oldest research is the least relevant and I get very tired of scrolling to the bottom of a long list of past research to glance at what is most relevant.

yes, been asking for this quite some time 🥲

• Like 5

Good work on the new beta, good to have new hulls although some feel rough on the edges.

Also please, I have signalled it before but I understand it's just cosmetic and low priority, change the Italian navy flag (for all monarchy/constitutional monarchy governments) to the one used for the country. The one currently used is the republican navy flag.

Couldn't try latest update yet. But did you fix the chinese Medium Cruiser and Experimental Turret Ship?

The Medium Cruiser has a duplicated torpedo slot.

The Experimental Turret Cruiser has one unuseable casemate slot.

Also one thing you might want to look into are funnels with weapon slots.

If you place those funnels on towers, you can't place weapons there anymore. As the tower blocks placementof any weapon.

19 hours ago, Arkk said:

Research.png

Same thing with my new French campaign.

34.png

And here's another one:

Edited by Lima
  • Like 1

Request regards delayed tooltips. Please incorporate the land-/seamass theaters to follow same rules. As it is now, they have no delay. This would really unclutter the ui quite a bit when you move your mouse acrosse the map.
Or if not, maybe explain why they are kept out?

Edited by MDHansen

9 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Please note that no other new hull is planned to be added, unless you guys advise that is needed to fill the technology gap of a nation.

Spain still needs a hull they can build from the start of the campaign! The current one absolutely minimum tonnage is (minimum beam and draught) is over the starting shipyard size!

Maybe you could add a modified version of one of the french Ironclad hulls which allows large size side guns so we can build something like the Pelayo? (was french built so a french hull fits)

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

[Update 12]
- Fixed some minor hull issues that were reported.
- Optimization for the auto-design in some hull types.
- Optimization of the tooltip timer (it is now shorter).

Please note that no other new hull is planned to be added, unless you guys advise that is needed to fill the technology gap of a nation. No save wipe out is expected either before the finalization of the patch, unless a major bug is found that needs it. We expect to release the patch next week, when we add new  Naval Academy missions.

the new USA small Battleship hull could be made larger then, because it allows us to also build the later ships like Mississippi and and Connecticut, because it supports the dual 8in wing turrets, though it does lack hull casemates, but all i could really see is that

44 minutes ago, Candle_86 said:

the new USA small Battleship hull could be made larger then, because it allows us to also build the later ships like Mississippi and and Connecticut, because it supports the dual 8in wing turrets, though it does lack hull casemates, but all i could really see is that

Ok we will offer more variants for the USA to cover most pre-dreadnought examples.

• Like 5