Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

Nick Thomadis
This post was recognized by Nick Thomadis!

Grizli60rus was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 100 points.

Greetings! We, our community, on the YouTube channel and in a group on social networks seem to have discovered a bug related to the localization of the game. This error leads to incorrect growth of the economy in the game.

One game, date, changed only the language in the settings. Screenshot with Russian translation:

rus.thumb.png.bfc62682138060fff3d47be70d84f125.png

The same thing, but the screenshot is already with English localization enabled:

eng.thumb.png.1729d211a5816ebbf76b4b487e13cc8d.png

And the same thing, but already French. The bug is there again:

fr.thumb.png.642c5ef2594651988943953a8b8af50e.png

We have a suspicion that this is due to confusion between dots and commas in the translation files. I won't say for sure whether it's true or not, but it's possible. Please check!

9G1paHmcTw0.thumb.jpg.2fb3f078e2349b237b58fbeb8fefb580.jpg

In English-speaking countries the decimal separator standard is a dot. The rest of the countries have a comma. There are 8 localization files in total in the Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data\StreamingAssets\Languages folder. These are text files, they can be edited with notepad. Search for PerMonthWhitColor.
Version 1.3.9
Chinese.long is not a complete string at all
English.lng - dot
French.lng - comma
German.lng - point
Japanese.long - point
Russian.lng - comma
Spanish.lng - comma
Ukrainian.long - point
The Spaniards, French and Russians have trouble with the economy.

Thanks! We hope for a quick fix. If necessary, I can record a video with the problem, but it's easy to check. @Nick Thomadis

Edited by Grizli60rus
  • Like 5

Could we please get a sorter for ports we can build at for *when* we acquired þem as well as what þeir capacity is and current PLAYER CONTROLLED tonnage is? (I don't care what tonnage my allies have put into þe port)

• Like 1

I think Short range accuracy is very bad in the game right now. Heavy guns are more accurate at short ranges than medium ones, which makes them ideal at killing fast small ships. Destroyers in particular have a huge problem surviving close to enemy BBs, but not because of secondary battery, but because of main guns, which just doesnt make sense.

In real world, short range (1000-2000m) accuracy against moving target is more of a function of Muzzle speed than gun dispersion. High muzzle speed compensates for enemy movement better, as you hit target as it gets in your sights - If shell has speed of 1000m/s and you are firing at 1000m distance, then  shell will hit the target in approx 1s (slightly more, but lets use this approximation for simplicity), so aiming errors are compensated by it..

As range gets longer, muzzle speed plays less and less role in accuracy formulae, up to be almost irrelevant, while gun dispersion plays major or dominant role at firing at longer distances (5-10km+)

Right now, 12inch guns despite having muzzle speed around 500-600m/s have 90%+ accuracy at 1000m.. while 5inch guns with 1000m/s (lengthened barrels) are at best at 40-50%..  If anything, this should be the other way around.. Make muzzle velocity important for accuracy at 1000-2000m, and keep accuracy important for ranges above 3000m..

Short range accuracy was the main goal of secondary weapons on ships, yet currently, main battery does this just fine.. Right now, im often having better accuracy with secondary guns at longer range than main guns due to rate of fire and fast range acquisition, while Main guns are more effective at short range due to their crazy short range accuracy.. It really should be the other way around...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JaM said:

I think Short range accuracy is very bad in the game right now. Heavy guns are more accurate at short ranges than medium ones, which makes them ideal at killing fast small ships. Destroyers in particular have a huge problem surviving close to enemy BBs, but not because of secondary battery, but because of main guns, which just doesnt make sense.

In real world, short range (1000-2000m) accuracy against moving target is more of a function of Muzzle speed than gun dispersion. High muzzle speed compensates for enemy movement better, as you hit target as it gets in your sights - If shell has speed of 1000m/s and you are firing at 1000m distance, then  shell will hit the target in approx 1s (slightly more, but lets use this approximation for simplicity), so aiming errors are compensated by it..

As range gets longer, muzzle speed plays less and less role in accuracy formulae, up to be almost irrelevant, while gun dispersion plays major or dominant role at firing at longer distances (5-10km+)

Right now, 12inch guns despite having muzzle speed around 500-600m/s have 90%+ accuracy at 1000m.. while 5inch guns with 1000m/s (lengthened barrels) are at best at 40-50%..  If anything, this should be the other way around.. Make muzzle velocity important for accuracy at 1000-2000m, and keep accuracy important for ranges above 3000m..

Short range accuracy was the main goal of secondary weapons on ships, yet currently, main battery does this just fine..

Turret Rotation Speed and gun depression*, not Muzzle velocity, is what's most important in close range. Þe point still stands þat accuracy for big guns should be a bell curve, not a straight slope, while small guns should be a straight slope.

*During þe Battle at Savo Island, Hiei literally couldn't aim low enough to shoot at Laffey (DD-459).

Edited by Urst
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Urst said:

Turret Rotation Speed and gun depression*, not Muzzle velocity, is what's most important in close range. Þe point still stands þat accuracy for big guns should be a bell curve, not a straight slope, while small guns should be a straight slope.

*During þe Battle at Savo Island, Hiei literally couldn't aim low enough to shoot at Laffey (DD-459).

These are technicalities of the ship design, i'm talking about gun ballistics. Muzzle velocity simply allows you to hit moving target easier, because time it takes for shell to fly to a distance is shorter for faster shells, therefore any particular aiming mistakes are less pronounced with faster shells..

Its practically same thing with Tank on Tank combat - high muzzle velocity means that at certain distances fire control system is not as impactful as it is at long distances.. typically, 1200m is seen as "boresight range" - distance at which any particular aiming errors don't play as much role, as projectile will hit within 1 second and if gunner fires with target in sight, there is a high probability he will hit. At longer ranges fire control system is required to properly adjust for distance, as gun dispersion plays bigger role, and getting the target distance right is a lot more important. (and mind you, tanks are a lot smaller than ships, so it would be a lot easier to hit enemy ship at 1000m than it is with tanks |assuming calm weather of course)

• Like 2

question/observation

-A nation has a negative GDP growth and a billion deficit in Naval Funds. It has a fleet of 15BB, 10BC, 30+CA,40+CL and 100+ DD/TB. And, is still building 30-40 ships!
If there isn't, there should be a check here so that said nation would cancel all their build queues, and set docked ships to "in being" or "defend/limited" and even more aggressively scrapping out-of-date ships.

-It also seems AI isn't able to realise when their ports are over tonnage limits with docked ships. Same nation as above has several 50-100k ports with over 3 times as much ships tonnage docked

Edited by MDHansen

15 hours ago, Grizli60rus said:

Greetings! We, our community, on the YouTube channel and in a group on social networks seem to have discovered a bug related to the localization of the game. This error leads to incorrect growth of the economy in the game.

One game, date, changed only the language in the settings. Screenshot with Russian translation:

rus.thumb.png.bfc62682138060fff3d47be70d84f125.png

The same thing, but the screenshot is already with English localization enabled:

eng.thumb.png.1729d211a5816ebbf76b4b487e13cc8d.png

And the same thing, but already French. The bug is there again:

fr.thumb.png.642c5ef2594651988943953a8b8af50e.png

We have a suspicion that this is due to confusion between dots and commas in the translation files. I won't say for sure whether it's true or not, but it's possible. Please check!

9G1paHmcTw0.thumb.jpg.2fb3f078e2349b237b58fbeb8fefb580.jpg

In English-speaking countries the decimal separator standard is a dot. The rest of the countries have a comma. There are 8 localization files in total in the Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data\StreamingAssets\Languages folder. These are text files, they can be edited with notepad. Search for PerMonthWhitColor.
Version 1.3.9
Chinese.long is not a complete string at all
English.lng - dot
French.lng - comma
German.lng - point
Japanese.long - point
Russian.lng - comma
Spanish.lng - comma
Ukrainian.long - point
The Spaniards, French and Russians have trouble with the economy.

Thanks! We hope for a quick fix. If necessary, I can record a video with the problem, but it's easy to check. @Nick Thomadis

Thank you a lot, we will deploy fix for this, and others today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Many things run smoother, However;

When Task force moves from Honiera in Solomon islands with full tanks to Kwajalien Marshall Islands one turn with low fuel, all ships 30000km range.    Please fix the Map, cylinder or sphere, and range

Why do I have to manually add crew to the subs, gets a bit unwieldy late-game(because that's when I noticed it)

That's it for this morning, Happy Independence Day to those who have it, those who want to keep it, and those who want to achieve it, Everyone should be Free to follow their Dreams and achieve Happiness, Mind Your Wake!

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.2)

Game is quite less responsive now with latest patch.. Clicking on research priorities results in 1sec delay, turns seems to take a lot longer with AI ship building or mission generating in the background..

• Like 2

There seems to be a significant delay now when switching tabs on top of the screen, or unloading or loading tech research slots.

Turns are significantly longer, especially during Update Research.

The turn change sequence is off according to what's happening in the log. For example, Update Relationships the different powers are building and scrapping ships. Update Research, they are provoking and improving relationships.

Edited by Admiral Donuts
  • Like 1

I like that taskforces can block a narrow strait, but the mechanic makes no sense. It should not outright forbid an enemy taskforce from moving into the area. Rather, it should force a non-avoidable battle. I mean, that's what blocking a passage is right? The guarding taskforce intercepts the trespassers and forces a fight. If the trespasser wins he has forged a passage. If not he is blocked.

Now we have a silly situation where a 2 CL taskforce can completely keep out a 400,000 ton fleet. Ridiculous

20230704211621_1.jpg

20230704211624_1.jpg

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 3

Please consider the condition of Germany in my Spanish campaign. Germany has suffered one loss as far as provinces, Southern Germany. As usual, when the AI is playing them, France always conquers it. France conquers everything.

However, everywhere else in the world they are doing well, having gained moderately in colonies.

Yet for some reason they are imploding like a mission to the Titanic. Is this an anomaly of the new economics? Or a feature?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Admiral Donuts

1 hour ago, Lucinator said:

game turns now take 5 minuets to update, plz revert game unplayable

Can confirm that even in very early turns it takes a lot longer between turns and in late campaigns it's a matter of several minutes. I could usually go through the initial 3-4 years in a matter of half an hour, but right now it's painfully slow.

• Like 3

This blocking mechanics needs some changes. My spanish TF has been blocked in Adriatic for 6 months by Americans (they hold Montenegro and Albania). And although I have decisively defeated them twice, I'm unable to exit the Otranto strait due to 3 light US TFs. I try to bump into them to force the battle but without success so far. Part of the problem is you can not send any subs or TFs into zone of control of enemy TFs which is just wrong!!

So I suggest:

TF can pass blocking TF in a single turn but one of following is triggered (based on TF composition and strenghth):

1. TF manages to slip through unopposed

2. A battle is generated. If TF which tries to pass is victorious, it passes through in one turn

3. Same as 2 but blocking TF gets help of nearby TFs.

• Like 3

On some turns, after doing the mandatory pop-up battles, I get no notifications of transport losses.
This seems to happen mostly if I save and exit the game before all battles are done (which I some times have to do if there are a lot of battles - I can't always keep playing for hours in one sitting), and then come back the next day to play the rest.

I'd like to see the Log be improved, with multiple tabs that could be scrolled through:
Battles, Transport Losses, Mine Damage, Research, Ships Built/Repaired/Refit/Scrapped, and so on.
Currently the Log is quite useless as it fills up with too much info and you can't scroll through it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Всем здравствуйте,

Для вас доступно небольшое обновление, исправляющее и улучшающее аспекты игры. Пожалуйста прочти:

Обновление v1.3.9.2
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/3647401472381202880 

The game is broken, each move now takes 10-15 minutes to process! Yesterday it was 2 minutes.

9 hours ago, Zuikaku said:

This blocking mechanics needs some changes. My spanish TF has been blocked in Adriatic for 6 months by Americans (they hold Montenegro and Albania). And although I have decisively defeated them twice, I'm unable to exit the Otranto strait due to 3 light US TFs. I try to bump into them to force the battle but without success so far. Part of the problem is you can not send any subs or TFs into zone of control of enemy TFs which is just wrong!!

So I suggest:

TF can pass blocking TF in a single turn but one of following is triggered (based on TF composition and strenghth):

1. TF manages to slip through unopposed

2. A battle is generated. If TF which tries to pass is victorious, it passes through in one turn

3. Same as 2 but blocking TF gets help of nearby TFs.

yeah I suggested something similar, having th eopposite problem wheer my huge fleet is blocked from entering the adriatic by a mere 2 CL. After reading your post I'm no longer sure I want to enter that particular trap...

1 hour ago, Knobby said:

yeah I suggested something similar, having th eopposite problem wheer my huge fleet is blocked from entering the adriatic by a mere 2 CL. After reading your post I'm no longer sure I want to enter that particular trap...

Yeah, i think if you move through their zone of control, there should be always battle following.. AI can always decide to run, but force them do so on the battlefield.