Game-Labs Forum

UAD Rebalancing Mod For [v1.4.0.5 R2]

admiralsnackbar

9 hours ago, JamesF0790 said:

Can confirm on windows. 1.3.9.3 update for the game and the latest download with the resizer mod isn't working. It just freezes on launch with a strange distorted graphic on the screen. Tested by verifying files to revert the mod and the game works, reinstalled the mod and the same thing happened

I'm not sure if it's relevant but the new resources.assets from the update is around 60mb bigger now than the downloaded one for the mod.

EDIT:
Can confirm the exact same thing happens with the non resizer mod. I've attached the screen it gives on launch here.

bb0799195e8a83c619f477a9f960e602.png

Yup, same thing happened to me last night. Gonna play in offline mode after this. I just started and I immediately started with the rebalance mod, my whole save is at risk now. Hopefully the mod author fixes it soon. Guess I'll play something else for now.

• admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.9.4 (V1.9.4)
  • admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.9.4 (V1.9.4) **with resizer**

Thanks for turning around so quickly on this after the update.

However, I have noticed some odd new behavior w/ resizer: Russia's 2" and 3" Mk 4 and Mk 5 guns are not being resized correctly now (all other nations ARE being resized correctly). Tested in campaign and custom battle. I've noticed that Russian Mks 1-3 of 2" and 3" are correctly being resized to their smaller version - I've only had the issue w/ Mk 4 and 5. Noticed after some of my Russian ship designs broke upon discovering Mk 4 2" guns.

Edited by GlantonAtTheFire

3 hours ago, GlantonAtTheFire said:

Thanks for turning around so quickly on this after the update.

However, I have noticed some odd new behavior w/ resizer: Russia's 2" and 3" Mk 4 and Mk 5 guns are not being resized correctly now (all other nations ARE being resized correctly). Tested in campaign and custom battle. I've noticed that Russian Mks 1-3 of 2" and 3" are correctly being resized to their smaller version - I've only had the issue w/ Mk 4 and 5. Noticed after some of my Russian ship designs broke upon discovering Mk 4 2" guns.

I think i know what you're talking about. I'll try to include it in the next release. Absence of those guns types in game is not game-breaking IMO. 

Would it be possible to share mod file in zip/rar/7z compressed format to speed up download? Also naming it something like UADRM-GameVersion.rar / UADRMwR-GV.rar for resizer version might make it easier to keep track of downloads.

On 7/15/2023 at 8:22 AM, theonlymaverick said:

Oh boy, I wish they would slow down with this crazy pace of patching.... 

Man, I gotta give up my first save at this point. I wish I knew the devs updated the game this frequently, I wouldn't have started with a mod installed. Its a good mod, but I think I'll avoid using it for now until the updates slow down or some other solution is implemented. 

On 7/16/2023 at 11:58 PM, PalaiologosTheGreat said:

How well does this mod use the ships from the Shared Design Repository thread?

Part size, Tech year, and weight issues. 

Part size:  The resizer will cause problems though it's more resizer -> vanilla that will cause problems rather than the reverse. 

Tech Year: Balance mod  effects the years that certain techs become available. Again because the balance mod tends to make things available sooner, a vanilla shared design for year X probably has all the modules that a rebalance mod would have. 

Weight: shouldn't cause problems

• admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.9.6R2

Hello! Thank you very much for the mod.

I have a question for you - do you know if it's possible to decrease the amount of times weather such heavy fog appears? I really dislike playing in heavy fog, mostly due to how it decreases the visilibity of what I can see, and all I really see is colored names in the fog firing at each other.

And is it possible to increase the lenght between when ships can use the smoke ability? Right now it seems the enemy ai always spams smoke on cooldown, which makes it rather annoying to fight them. I would love if the cooldown between the uses of smoke were a good deal longer.

Again, thank you very much for everything!

Edited by Clappie

On 7/19/2023 at 7:21 PM, Clappie said:

Hello! Thank you very much for the mod.

I have a question for you - do you know if it's possible to decrease the amount of times weather such heavy fog appears? I really dislike playing in heavy fog, mostly due to how it decreases the visilibity of what I can see, and all I really see is colored names in the fog firing at each other.

And is it possible to increase the lenght between when ships can use the smoke ability? Right now it seems the enemy ai always spams smoke on cooldown, which makes it rather annoying to fight them. I would love if the cooldown between the uses of smoke were a good deal longer.

Again, thank you very much for everything!

1. Weather - it's possible to increase the incidence of clear weather. Unfortunately what you see as foggy is really just cloudy. 

2. I think so, though the issue is more that the screens are using the ability in sequence. 

Edited by admiralsnackbar

Good time of the day. First of all, thanks for a great mod. Shout out to BrotherMunro for letting us know about it. Though, after the last 1.3.9.6R2 update, rebalancer + resizer stopped to work correctly: in more detail, after launching from steam, the game appears on the taskbar but does not actually load, being stuck on a grey screen. For clarification, the basic rebalancer works just fine. Tried to reinstall the game, but did not help. Thanks for your work. 

Update: Version 1.3.9.7 vanilla - works fine

Rebalancer - works fine

Resizer - again grey screen. 

I will research the problem, though it does not seem to be a problem with GPU. The taskmanager shows 0% ssd utilization after game launch.

Edited by Zer0
Update

• admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.9.7
23 hours ago, Zer0 said:

Good time of the day. First of all, thanks for a great mod. Shout out to BrotherMunro for letting us know about it. Though, after the last 1.3.9.6R2 update, rebalancer + resizer stopped to work correctly: in more detail, after launching from steam, the game appears on the taskbar but does not actually load, being stuck on a grey screen. For clarification, the basic rebalancer works just fine. Tried to reinstall the game, but did not help. Thanks for your work. 

Update: Version 1.3.9.7 vanilla - works fine

Rebalancer - works fine

Resizer - again grey screen. 

I will research the problem, though it does not seem to be a problem with GPU. The taskmanager shows 0% ssd utilization after game launch.

if the thread title says **with resizer** it means the resizer is updated. if it's absent it means it's not ready. 

Resizer takes awhile to make and test. Especially if the devs change the underlying file which this time they did. 

• Like 2

• admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.9.8R [No Resizer]
  • admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.9.8R [*With* Resizer]

Update after about 5 hours of gameplay.  Only real issue I have come across has been present in the past few patches.  As I do not play anymore without the resizer, I am unable to narrow down if it is base game or mod causing it.  The issue is that the very first battle I load into for a fresh campaign will get stuck on Preparing For Battle without fail.  However, after save is reloaded and battle is re-entered, it loads just fine with no further issues to report.

Using this MOD without resizer. Just got all my saves except one wiped. I'm not sure if this is related to the MOD or not but now with the latest patch I'm getting that pale blue screen upon launch.

Gotta say at this point I really ain't using this MOD again, not because the MOD is bad (It's actually very good) but really the frequent updates are making this MOD hard to use. This game takes hours to play, and this is my second playthrough ruined. Thanks for the MOD, I'll check back when the updates slow down.

11 hours ago, Suribachi said:

Update after about 5 hours of gameplay.  Only real issue I have come across has been present in the past few patches.  As I do not play anymore without the resizer, I am unable to narrow down if it is base game or mod causing it.  The issue is that the very first battle I load into for a fresh campaign will get stuck on Preparing For Battle without fail.  However, after save is reloaded and battle is re-entered, it loads just fine with no further issues to report.

thats a problem i had even without the mod si im sure that its from the game itself

• admiralsnackbar changed the title to UAD Rebalancing Mod for 1.3.9.8R3 [*With* Resizer]
12 hours ago, JamesF0790 said:

Huh. Is it just me or are the resizer guns smaller than they used to be? I don't remember them looking this small on a destroyer before. I mean I could be wrong of course.
ac2fa6792459258d03496f504cd63580.jpg

The guns tend to look rather puny on destroyers. There are a few reasons for this:
First,  The 2-5 inch guns are scaled relative to the 2" gun available in the base game. Second is that the 2-6 inch guns are scaled to look appropriate on the early game light cruisers (which they are), lastly, early destroyers were probably a bit narrower then is shown.

At any rate resizer and base game are updated to R3 and the resizer has a few changes made to it. 

The prior version of rebalancing mod did not properly manage overpen threshold [it was using vanilla 2x instead of rebalance 3.5x] 

Edited by admiralsnackbar
  • Like 2

I just posted an angry reply in the main thread and recommend other users to do the same. We need the devs to start using the beta branch again if they're gonna keep pumping out micro-patches twice a day.
Poor old Snackbar must be greying his hair just trying to keep the mod up to date and thus the game somewhat playable for us all... let's make it easier on him!

• Like 1