Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

45 minutes ago, Suribachi said:

My guess is that the frame rate drops players are reporting has to do with some kind of conflict between the player's targeting commands and what the new fire control system wants to do.

I don't know. Even when i press the ctrl + space or whatever combination to clear out manual trageting commands, FPS is still low when i select ships. 

Nice summary why not to use AI 😅 Same observations for me.

1 hour ago, PainKiller said:

I don't know. Even when i press the ctrl + space or whatever combination to clear out manual trageting commands, FPS is still low when i select ships. 

Nice summary why not to use AI 😅 Same observations for me.

It was stated earlier by @Nick Thomadis that the Ctrl + Space key combination would be shown in the Tooltips during battle, and it was for a time.  However, lately, it has not been.  I cannot say when for certain, but I want to say around Update 16 it disappeared so that key combination may not be doing anything right now.  Hence why I brought this up in my obeservations.

• Like 1

I put in tickets, but I had a few possible glitches.  They may be known or just an issue with older campaigns on the latest patch.  I am on Windows 11 so that may be causing some issues idk.

1) Sunk ships are missing on the battle outcome screen for me now, even on a fresh campaign I started as France.

2) It may have been fixed in the latest update, but I had a ship at max speed fail to slow down when it's engines were heavily damaged.

3) Idk if it's being worked on, but when my fleet is against a large enemy fleet the red targeting lines go crazy rapidly switching targets still.

4) Idk if it's working as intended, but I feel like half my close range hits are hitting the deck and only partial penning due to the steep angle.  Because of this I feel like my battleships feel very weak in the current game iteration.  In the current iteration.

5) It's impossible to tell if the campaign is frozen or just processing.  I had an older US  campaign freeze on me on the building ships screen.  I waited about 20-30 minutes and gave up.

I know this update is near release.  Overall I have been enjoying this beta a lot more than the last and appreciate the devs hard work!  Most of the critical issues for me are now fixed and functional.

Don't know if its a bug, and i don't know how to do a bug report so here is my bug report

• Regardless of resolution, and graphics settings, Menus, moving Camera in the Map, Building Ships, Moving Camera In Building Ships Area..

All cause anywhere between 0.5 to 2 seconds of just "pure" lag of nothing happening, for absolute everything.. i have reinstalled the game, changed resolution, graphics settings, new campaigns nothing changes the issue..

no idea what causes the issue, windows 11 update to the highest version, and Nvidia Graphics Drivers as well..

should state i KNOW how to do a bug report however i cannot put a good report to redo the process so i do not know if its just a "skill issue"

Edited by Stephensan

*Hotfix Update 19*
- Fixed errors that could cause income and army bugged numbers for re-emerging nations. There is a remaining problem to solve, with fleets not properly disbanded when a major nation becomes dissolved.
- Other minor fixes.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

• Like 10

I have already reported the issue in game and it is still not resolved.
During battles, even minor ones, I get big FPS drops of 1-30fps.
The FPS drop is the biggest if I focus on an enemy ship.
This makes the game almost unplayable.
I tried different graphics settings but it didn't help.
image.thumb.png.0679a238dda341004a4f615a79987ff6.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AdmiralBert said:

I don't quite know how it happened, but in between the collapse > reform cycle the UK has had, they got very, very, very busy.

That's an awful lot of people. Southern England has a similarly large population.

image.thumb.png.07516bb338ef1da559b3fa6ce18f1747.png

This problem cannot be cured in an ongoing campaign. In a new campaign it should not happen though, hopefully.

53 minutes ago, GronusCZ said:

There have been some optimizations in the targeting UI. Can you check if fps is better now?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

There have been some optimizations in the targeting UI. Can you check if fps is better now?

I think it's still not as good as it was previously (1.09), but it's MUCH better than before this update. 

Edited by Lima

1 hour ago, GronusCZ said:

I have been playing on an open air test bench system with a 5950x and RTX 3080 which gives an interesting perspective to the operation of my system...

I too have noticed the crawling FPS.  I do not believe it to be graphics settings.  When it happens on my system the fans really ramp up on the CPU, but the GPU just sits and idles.  This leads me to believe it is just pounding the CPU and we are seeing some CPU bottlenecking.

I used to have Riva working, but I need to fix it so I can monitor GPU/CPU load better in game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, o Barão said:

NfC8gFD.jpg

JWu1dsi.jpg

Hull issue.

Difference in weight by having + 0.1 knots speed.

Modern battlecruiser hull. (Germany)

This is working as intended.  There's a cut-off point on every hull where adding 0.1 knot will blow up the cost and the weight.  There's a couple of "soft-breaks" where you'll see cost increases with 0.1 knot increase (I believe it's 32.4 to 32.5 knots on the German Modern BB-1), and then there's a "hard-break" like what you have there where any additional speed is basically impossible without making huge sacrifices.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GronusCZ said:

I have experienced this as well.  Also when telling a ship to focus fire on an enemy.  FPS drops until I deselect that particular ship.

• Like 1

Game is alot more polished from 1.09, deffinately heading in the right direction!  Main negative for me now is that, for example as Spain, with no provocative action, as in ships never even left port, I'm currently at war with most the world haha.

Wish these massive world wide conflicts could be avoided if played safe.  Also wish that after a war is finished a treaty could be signed so war could not be re-engaged for a period of time

32 minutes ago, Narbar said:

Game is alot more polished from 1.09, deffinately heading in the right direction!  Main negative for me now is that, for example as Spain, with no provocative action, as in ships never even left port, I'm currently at war with most the world haha.

Wish these massive world wide conflicts could be avoided if played safe.  Also wish that after a war is finished a treaty could be signed so war could not be re-engaged for a period of time

Me too.  I ended a war with China and USA and I cant even demobilize my fleet before both wanted war again.  

I think China was two turns, which was when the blockade registered as "off" then I paid them off for two turns.  WTF?  Do they like being blockaded?  

3 hours ago, Heet said:

This is working as intended.  There's a cut-off point on every hull where adding 0.1 knot will blow up the cost and the weight.  There's a couple of "soft-breaks" where you'll see cost increases with 0.1 knot increase (I believe it's 32.4 to 32.5 knots on the German Modern BB-1), and then there's a "hard-break" like what you have there where any additional speed is basically impossible without making huge sacrifices.

Well, if is the same for all hulls, ok. However, this could be much more interesting if it was exponential, and not a hard limit from a specific point.

k8iITaP.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Well, if is the same for all hulls, ok. However, this could be much more interesting if it was exponential, and not a hard limit from a specific point.

k8iITaP.png

It is exponential, but tuned such that it will appear linear or polynomial until hitting the "maximum optimal" speed for the hull. You need to research better hull shapes with better hydrodynamics to make faster ships.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

I think it's better than yesterday but it's still not great. Performance still drops by 10-20 FPS just by having ships selected. Holding over an enemy ship to target it can sometime drop it another 10 FPS.

The further into the battle, the worse the performance gets.

Edited by Kothra
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Same battle after update.

Assumption: The problem is somewhere in the targeting. In 1.09.3 everything was fine.

Bez názvu.jpg

Edited by GronusCZ