Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

Please, for the love of God, STOP making us fight mandatory battles at the beginning of a turn.
I just realized that I've had a research focus going for 6 months now, slowing down all my other research, because every single turn I was forced into long, unskippable battles at the very beginning, and by the time it was over had forgotten I needed to re-adjusted my research.

There is a lot for a player to do on a turn, moving fleets,  managing budget, moving research focus, figuring out how to be a good German and invade Belgium on my way to France.  When we are forced to fight major fleet battles (or spend an hour chasing cowardly AI) it is exceedingly easy to forget to do some of these things.

This is bad game design.  Let the players decide what order they want to tackle their to-do-list at the start of a turn.

Edited by Kane
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Uh, I have lost a fleet consisting of a BB, two CAs, two CLs and four DDs in the North Sea. Well, not really.

The ships are still in my fleet list, located in the North Sea. But they do not show up on the map, nor can I move them or scrap them. I think this is new.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Darth Khyron said:

Uh, I have lost a fleet consisting of a BB, two CAs, two CLs and four DDs in the North Sea. Well, not really.

The ships are still in my fleet list, located in the North Sea. But they do not show up on the map, nor can I move them or scrap them. I think this is new.

Just don't tell me that this bug is back.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, TAKTCOM said:

How naval invasion functional anyway? The interface is so not obvious that I don't even know where to start.

1. Get command at sea
  2. Politics >> your enemy >> naval invasion >> select region
  3. Send TF with "Invade" order to the enemy's port area
  4. Pray
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, TAKTCOM said:

How naval invasion functional anyway? The interface is so not obvious that I don't even know where to start.

You need a task force with 100,000 tons total displacement in a sea region. Then go to the politics tab and ‘naval invasion’ should appear as an option. Click that, & choose a province. The game should then generate a mission for you.

• Like 4

Has anyone else noticed that the US has a port in Northern Alaska, but which is only displayed when you scroll the map to the right (aka viewing Northern Asia/Japan area)? I think it is called Nome, and I was very confused when one or two of my boats wound up there....

6 hours ago, Kane said:

Also going to note, have a new error.
Turn changes and I get a pop-up saying
"Can't trade.  Trade error"
Not sure what's going on here, but probably needs to be looked into.
Anyone else getting this?

for me that was because you was not able to provide the trade (aka too small port for construct the ship, I example have a project of BB for 12 000t and shipyard only 8500t or simply in the finance tab you see how much free workload you have, example 50000/60000 that means you are able to build ships that in summary have 10000t and maybe the trade was too high? Because if you have over shipbuilding capacity (on the red) the construction of ships take more time and the deadline will pass before you build these ships.

KMfFnfw.png

5 hours ago, Lima said:

This is the beginning of the game, and one would expect such a situation. But the fact is that I intercepted this group at the exit from the port at the very beginning of the war, they should have had fuel.

2023-01-05-13-32-20.png

This is just one situation out of many.

I had similar situations, but not constant. My theory is that the AI build too low number of funnels and the operational range is very low, like 2000km, because of that if they leave the port they lost the fuel very fast. But not sure about it.

In other words:

one funnel, natural boilers, coal, high speed, range minimum, draught on -; example:

7BP2wQG.jpg

fofapkA.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lima said:
  1. Get command at sea
  2. Politics >> your enemy >> naval invasion >> select region
  3. Send TF with "Invade" order to the enemy's port area
  4. Pray

Actually found that Step 3 (setting to "Invade") is not actually needed as all my recent invasions were on Sea Control.  Your 100k+ tonnage fleet just needs to be inside the red circle around the enemy port.  Dunno if the red circle is new, but I only noticed it from patch 13 onward.  So if a province has more than one port, make sure you are at the correct one.

EDIT:  The red circle will appear on the next turn when the mission does.

Edited by Suribachi
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Suribachi said:

Actually found that Step 3 (setting to "Invade") is not actually needed as all my recent invasions were on Sea Control.  Your 100k+ tonnage fleet just needs to be inside the red circle around the enemy port.  Dunno if the red circle is new, but I only noticed it from patch 13 onward.  So if a province has more than one port, make sure you are at the correct one.

EDIT:  The red circle will appear on the next turn when the mission does.

Then there is the question of why this order is needed. I've been using it out of habit since the old versions.

1 minute ago, Lima said:

Then there is the question of why this order is needed. I've been using it out of habit since the old versions.

I wonder if "Invade" boosts the power of the naval invasion like it does with the likelihood of finding enemy convoys.

• Like 1

Has anybody else experienced a sudden and enormous increase in Army and Crew numbers? From one turn to another I had the Army explode to 13 million people and crew to 10 million. Basically 30% of my total population is in the army or navy. I made an in game report.

On a separate note: it would be nice to be able to start naval invasions against ungoverned territory. It seems not very realistic to have large swathes of land in anarchy for in-game years and not being able to invade them. For example, if Spain collapses shouldn't the US navy be able to invade (or lobby to invade) Cuba? 

1 hour ago, brothermunro said:

You need a task force with 100,000 tons total displacement in a sea region. Then go to the politics tab and ‘naval invasion’ should appear as an option. Click that, & choose a province. The game should then generate a mission for you.

That's how I did it previously, but this campaign in multiple wars the option remains greyed out, even though I have way more that 100k tons and superiority

20 minutes ago, Knobby said:

That's how I did it previously, but this campaign in multiple wars the option remains greyed out, even though I have way more that 100k tons and superiority

Is your fleet already in the body of water where the province and port are?  And are you at war with the province holder?

The friendly firer caused by "shell magnet" and itself "shell magnet" is enormous in this version of the game. I feel like I am playing the simulation of the D-Day, but I am the operator of the German MG37 ._. 

Now one TB can sunk 2-3 BB with few CA and many TB in seconds... without any input from the player. 

Additional the enemy AI creating one big blob up and they don't move. Shooting the ducks are much harder that this.

My the best ship in very close combat have 3,6% of accuracy(main guns), but the whole accuracy is 11%. 

It is pointless to have a naval battle on that point :/

When the main issues will be addressed? 

btw. 

*Hotfix Update 14*
- Hotfix for formations. Following ships should not cluster. Still it needs work.

works fine, I don't spotted any "illegal" kiss

Edited by Plazma

I know the developers said that the formation system still needs work, but it is a far cry better than what the initial patch was.  At this time, I feel comfortable requesting the developers to divert resources away from the formation system and towards the fire control system and optimization, at least for the next few patches.

Fire control system: 
A few things need to be addressed, but the two things that come to mind quickly are the "magnet bullet" issue and the issue that is keeping the guns from firing at their maximum rate of fire.  For the "magnet bullet" issue, which has been reported by players for a while where if two ships are in close proximity, the one closer to the enemy will get hit with nearly all the shells meant for the ship behind it at a near 99% rate.  I cannot say I have a good solution for this issue.  Frankly, I just don't know how the system works under the hood.  But if it works the way I think it does, the only way I think I know how to fix it would bring computers like mine to their knees with all the individual shell calculations that would have to be done.  This would not be ideal for slower computers.  But if I have to upgrade my 8 year old computer, that is that!

For the guns not firing fast enough issue, I think in one of the previous patch notes it was mentioned that gunners will hold fire until a meaningfully accuracy is achieved.  This is good, for Save and Normal modes.  For Aggressive mode on the guns, the checklist should be:  Aimed? Yes!   Loaded? Yes!   In Range? Yes!    Accuracy? Ignore!  Result:  Fire the gun!  Additionally, main guns should have shooting priority over that of secondary guns especially on larger hulls.  Right now, ships can get sunk in a firefight that they would normally have no trouble winning if their main guns worked as they should.  Class does not matter for this issue, happens on BB, BC, CA, and CL.  Pretty hard to get this to happen on DD and TB types since they usually only have a main gun armament, but there are exceptions.

Optimization:

There is only so much testing we can do in a day when the turns are taking north of 2 minutes to complete 7+ years into the campaign and 3 minutes to complete 15+ years into the campaign.  The turns need to compute faster.  Personally, I would like to see this down to a minute with an extra points goal of around 30 seconds.  If the game computes faster, that means more play time for the player.  More play time == more things the player base and beta testers can find and report back to the developers.  Also means more fun.

Additionally, the frame drops in battle needs to be investigated.  Some of the recent battles I have done, this issue made near impossible to select targets, steer my ships or adjust their speed.

I know optimization is one of the more boring aspects of coding because you aren't doing cool things like adding new features, but I think it is time to get the initial pass of it done.

Edited by Suribachi
  • Like 3

Is there a way how enemy can block a port so the ships can not leave?

I play as a Germany and i am trying to move CA to intercept Soviet forces.

I have the same class of CA in Emden and Kiel.

When i try to move CA from Kiel it is impossible, when i try to move CA from Emden i am able to do so.

2040904660_Beznzvu.thumb.jpg.0cbff25e64998698c67ad2c4da0044e2.jpg

It is year 1893 so Kiel canal is not yet opened.

I have another 2 CAs 1 CL and 4 DDs in Kiel, and neither of them is able to move.

All ships have 100% Health 100% Ammo and 100% Fuel. Ships are no more than few months old, but finished commisioning already.

Denmark is allied to Great Britain. I have relations of 3 with them, so there should be no blockades, and they are in war with Soviets too.

Sweden is Allied to Japan. I have relations of 98 with them, so there should be no problems either.

Same problems seems to be with 1 DD in Hamburg. It also can not be moved out of port. Rest of the ports seems to be working.

1315054125_Beznzvu3.thumb.jpg.28a7826f3ba97b90d4b3fb1b607c331f.jpg

Is it possible, that Kiel and Hamburg is not going to work until Kiel canal is opened?

I am going to play further and i will edit this is anything changes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yep as soon as the Kiel canal opens Hamburg and Kiel ports start working.

498807541_Beznzvu4.thumb.jpg.cfbbb34006c0686b95da0b5226f7e1b3.jpg

BTW If you load a save the markers that are marking canals disappear.

569907309_Beznzvu5.jpg.d918a13635aedbbf381c9acaa15ddfa6.jpg

Edited by Bakarda
Update