Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

6 hours ago, o Barão said:

@Nick Thomadis there is an issue with ship not moving if they are screen or scout. I don't remember now if applies to both situations. I reported in game two times today.

agxEMQq.jpg

If I set to battle line then will sail without issues.

I've had this but have been able to resolve it by turning off "avoid"

Seemed to me like it's trying to calculate a path to avoid other ships and just goes "Nope" and they enter a staring contest. I typically turn off avoid at the start of battle on all ships though because it seems to speed up their entering a more consistent formation.

• Like 4

Problems of a long campaign

I finally managed to play for a long time and I have feedback.

1. Shipyard total build amount. This value depends on the starting date and never changes. In version 1.09.3, I expanded the shipyard by cooldown from the 1890 start and only by the 1940s I managed to build a shipyard for a super battleship (120.000). But before, it was only a matter of the maximum displacement of the ship that you could build. Now a large shipyard is very important for the total production of shipyards. You want to have as much of it as possible. And if you start from 1890, you have very big problems. The construction of several modern cruisers will be considered a huge success, but you still need to repair and refit the fleet. If the "Shipyard total build amount" changed when the game reached 1900/1910/etc, this problem would have been solved. Of course, AI suffers more from this problem.
  2. The balance of governments. Previously, even a 10% difference in GDP growth in the far distance was huge. Now the difference may be more than half (combining the debuff of one country and the buff of another). This makes the government of communists, nationalists and the absolute monarchy practically unplayable at a long distance. Despite all your victories, your country will be in a terrible state. I believe that even -10% to GDP growth is a huge debuff. It is possible to create more complex systems for calculating GDP, for example, communists may have a jump in GDP growth. But you can just reduce the debuffs, I repeat, -10% is already a terrible punishment. You can also give these governments serious diplomatic debuffs, make it difficult to find minor allies.
  3. European Battle Royale. In 20-30 years there will be one dominant force in Europe - France or Germany (if they don't fall apart). They will have a gigantic population, because if, for example, part of Italy is captured by France, it will be their "home state population". This problem is closely related to the balance of ground warfare and alliances.

This is a screenshot from my old campaign where France had one of the best GDP growth modifiers. Now the difference with GDP modifiers is much more serious.

542.png

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Plazma said:

for me that was because you was not able to provide the trade (aka too small port for construct the ship, I example have a project of BB for 12 000t and shipyard only 8500t or simply in the finance tab you see how much free workload you have, example 50000/60000 that means you are able to build ships that in summary have 10000t and maybe the trade was too high? Because if you have over shipbuilding capacity (on the red) the construction of ships take more time and the deadline will pass before you build these ships.

Yeah, I can confirm now that I am getting that error despite that fact that the orders coming will not put me over.  Greece just asked me for 1 destroyer when I have 100,00+ tons available in my shipyard capacity, and still got the "can't trade" error.

• Like 1

And now I have wars just, ending for no reason, no consultation, not even a notice that the war has ended.  Has happened to me now (as Germany) against both Russia and France.  In both cases I only realized the war had even ended when the offensives I had going into their territory just vanished off the map.  Go to the political screen, and the relation ship has gained a massive boost to less (more?) than -50.

This, is more than a little irritating.  No reparations, no opportunity to ask for them, like I said, not even a notification that the war had ended.

Guess the update borked my campaign.  Guess I'll start a new one.

Edited by Kane
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Lima said:

Shipyard total build amount

Yes, there needs to be an increase of how much shipyard you can build according to year, an not just according to when you started the campaign because it's static now. If you start in 1890 you can only build 4000t / 2year through all the way till the campaign ends, which was considered just a minor problem, since you were able to build any tons of ships at the same time. If you constantly paid attension to always build it, you had no problem in later years ( yea you could not build super battleships, but i never wanted to, in my experience you are perfectly happy with a 40-60.000t bb by 1940 )

With the introduction of shipbuilding capacity, which is tied to the shipyard size if i'm correct, it's important that this is lookad at. 

The later you start the campaign, the more you can expand the shipyard size. For example in 1910 start 15200t / 2year can be built at once, which means over time you not only reach a bigger shipyard size, but a bigger shipbuilding capacity if you would had been started in 1890 (sorry my if/would grammar here might be wrong)

summary what we have now in a 1890 start:

• 1890: 4000t/cycle
  • 1900: 4000t/cycle 
  • 1910: 4000t/cycle 
  • 1920: 4000t/cycle 
  • 1930: 4000t/cycle 
  • 1940: 4000t/cycle

What i expect to happen:

• 1900: 9600t/cycle 
  • 1910: 15200t/cycle 
  • 1920: 20800t/cycle 
  • 1930: 26400t/cycle 
  • 1940: 32000t/cycle

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lima said:

Shipyard total build amount.

According to original patch notes, max shipyard output depends on the total tonnage of your ports, and is in no way tied to the maximum size of ship you can build. That's indeed one of the reasons why A-H is no longer playable anymore.

Edited by The PC Collector

9 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

According to original patch notes, max shipyard output depends on the total tonnage of your ports, and is in no way tied to the maximum size of ship you can build. That's indeed one of the reasons why A-H is no longer playable anymore.

SH1.jpg

SH2.jpg

It depends 1t to 1t. I think it was planned that way, a temporary solution.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kane said:

Yeah, I can confirm now that I am getting that error despite that fact that the orders coming will not put me over.  Greece just asked me for 1 destroyer when I have 100,00+ tons available in my shipyard capacity, and still got the "can't trade" error.

So my guess was wrong. I will also start reporting this kind of bug, but first I will start a new campaign. 

13 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

That's indeed one of the reasons why A-H is no longer playable anymore.

Now I know what nation should I chose for the next campaign :D

Restoration of majors does not work

After 10 years after the collapse of Germany due to the French attack, there was an uprising in Germany.

Ge1.jpg

There were reports of losses for several turns, then there were the following messages (all in exactly the order in which the messages appeared).

Ge2.jpg

Ge3.jpg

Ge4.jpg

Germany is still dead.

Gr6.jpg

As well as Italy and Britain.

Ge5.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lima said:

Restoration of majors does not work

After 10 years after the collapse of Germany due to the French attack, there was an uprising in Germany.

Ge1.jpg

There were reports of losses for several turns, then there were the following messages (all in exactly the order in which the messages appeared).

Ge2.jpg

Ge3.jpg

Ge4.jpg

Germany is still dead.

Gr6.jpg

As well as Italy and Britain.

Ge5.jpg

I get these a lot for Italy and Russia, too. Yet Spain, France and Britain all managed to come back from the dead in my current campaign.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PainKiller said:

Yes, there needs to be an increase of how much shipyard you can build according to year, an not just according to when you started the campaign because it's static now. If you start in 1890 you can only build 4000t / 2year through all the way till the campaign ends, which was considered just a minor problem, since you were able to build any tons of ships at the same time. If you constantly paid attension to always build it, you had no problem in later years ( yea you could not build super battleships, but i never wanted to, in my experience you are perfectly happy with a 40-60.000t bb by 1940 )

With the introduction of shipbuilding capacity, which is tied to the shipyard size if i'm correct, it's important that this is lookad at. 

The later you start the campaign, the more you can expand the shipyard size. For example in 1910 start 15200t / 2year can be built at once, which means over time you not only reach a bigger shipyard size, but a bigger shipbuilding capacity if you would had been started in 1890 (sorry my if/would grammar here might be wrong)

summary what we have now in a 1890 start:

• 1900: 4000t/cycle 
  • 1910: 4000t/cycle 
  • 1920: 4000t/cycle 
  • 1930: 4000t/cycle 
  • 1940: 4000t/cycle

What i expect to happen:

• 1900: 9600t/cycle 
  • 1910: 15200t/cycle 
  • 1920: 20800t/cycle 
  • 1930: 26400t/cycle 
  • 1940: 32000t/cycle

The port capacity of your home provinces should increase over time according to the growth of the economy. Bombardments can decrease your port capacity. Does anybody else notice port capacity not to change?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The port capacity of your home provinces should increase over time according to the growth of the economy. Bombardments can decrease your port capacity. Does anybody else notice port capacity not to change?

These changes are present, the question is different. The size of the shipyard expansion does not change. 

SH1.jpg

I've been playing this game since 1890, now it's 1911. I'm still expanding the shipyard by 4K t. If I had started the game in 1910, I could have expanded the shipyard by 15K t.

48 minutes ago, Lima said:

These changes are present, the question is different. The size of the shipyard expansion does not change. 

SH1.jpg

I've been playing this game since 1890, now it's 1911. I'm still expanding the shipyard by 4K t. If I had started the game in 1910, I could have expanded the shipyard by 15K t.

If you compare the shipyard expansion from 1890 via your gameplay with the initial shipyard when you start the campaign in 1910 it is expected to not match exactly, as the growth is simulated artificially.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*Update 15*
- Shell dispersion improvements, fixing shells which hit to not be so isolated from the rest.
- Slight formations fixes. We will try to fix the most crucial bugs in large formations for this patch.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

I must say these two fixes are not "slight" they are very good! Still I see some issues, but the improvement is great! Good job. At least somehow now we can play the game and accuracy matters. Still 4/10, but at least no 0/10 :D

Btw. I started the A-H campaing 1900 and they have battleship I and some experimental CA. The Battleship I is little old hull with max displacement of 11,500t (I must double check) and in the same time the CA experimental have this same displacement and similar statistic. On the end these CA are better than BB, especially if you don't want go on 12" or 13" guns. In my opinion the CA is more like BB than CA and the BB is more like CA than BB. 
LWlmggz.jpg

Edited by Plazma
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

If you compare the shipyard expansion from 1890 via your gameplay with the initial shipyard when you start the campaign in 1910 it is expected to not match exactly, as the growth is simulated artificially.

Shipyard build-size, when you build larger shipyards, doesn't scale up at all. If you start at 1890 it advances in 4,000 ton increments every time, and you can never build an expansion of your docks larger than that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Urst said:

Shipyard build-size, when you build larger shipyards, doesn't scale up at all. If you start at 1890 it advances in 4,000 ton increments every time, and you can never build an expansion of your docks larger than that.

Yes it is known, a good reminder, we will fix this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Is it simulated artificially? Then it probably doesn't work, because it's always the same value (4000). In the version 1.09.3 I played two campaigns from 1890 to 1950, it was always 4000.

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Thank you for the answer. it wasn't an answer to my post as i was not talking about port capacity, at all. Port capacity does increase over time, i have no probmel with that. I want to be clear, so that you don't work on something which functions. :) 

14 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:
17 minutes ago, Urst said:

Yes it is known, a good reminder, we will fix this.

Thank you Urst for a better text, looks like this went through :D 

@Nick Thomadis a good example, what happens with the shells trajectory, when the targets are doing tight turns at high speed.

• Both CLs are doing tight turn at high speeds.
  • The gunners from both ship goes crazy when this happens and start shooting to the side.
  • The moment the target sails in a straight line, then the gunners can act normally.
Edited by o Barão
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, o Barão said:

Also, I need to ask. Were flash fires heavily nerfed? I am trying my best to provoke one and no luck.

More like AI has better ships designs with more armour / citadel protection / more bulkheads on avarage then it used to. Half year ago enemy CL usually went around with literally 0mm armour, and minimum bulkhead, their turrets were flying all around the place. i do not experience this anymore, huge improvement. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PainKiller said:

More like AI has better ships designs with more armour / citadel protection / more bulkheads on avarage then it used to. Half year ago enemy CL usually went around with literally 0mm armour, and minimum bulkhead, their turrets were flying all around the place. i do not experience this anymore, huge improvement. 

Can be, but in this case it is me that is doing everything in the design process to provoke a flash fire in battle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PainKiller said:

Maybe, but auto-generated AI designs still don't prove to be a threat. Im in 1928 now in my 1890 campaign and no nation has anything that can stand up to my 457mm BCs. I only built two but that is plenty - one for the Atlantic fleet and one for the Pacific fleet. Heck, most AI designs are from the 1910s at best.

Edited by ZorinW
  • Like 1