Critical bug even on a new campaign

2023-01-05-06-20-32.png

My ships are disappearing

2023-01-05-06-20-57.png

AI ships are disappearing

2023-01-05-06-23-39.png

2023-01-05-06-21-05.png

Today Kamchatka has a feast

You have to admit it's an elegant solution to all our complaints about the campaign.

Edited by PoB
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lima said:

Did quick start for testing formations, hanging on the creation of ships

2023-01-05-06-55-56.png

I created the ships manually, it's been hanging for 5 minutes

2023-01-05-07-01-00.png

DDs 1940

Ugh

Same issue launching battle in campaign

14 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Fixed battles not loading due to serious new pathfinding bugs and other...

You are all amazing with the help you provide, thank you!

RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

Yep, seems back to normal.

Can you guys get my MS Teams to load properly at work when you get some free time?

37 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Fixed battles not loading due to serious new pathfinding bugs and other...

You are all amazing with the help you provide, thank you!

RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

Some formation issues found after newest hotfix.  Already reported in game.

1) If division A is currently traveling slower than division B's maximum speed when you given the order for division A to follow B, division A is will be limited to division B's maximum speed.  In my testing case, division A was capable of 21.5 knots and division B was only capable of 18 knots.

2) I do not know how to replicate this one.  When a battle started, my 2 CL division was screening my single BB division.  Immediately, I turned on torp evasion and AI control to allow the CL division to do what it wanted since I like control and commanding from a BB.  After a few minutes, I noticed that the CL division was incapable of turning left.  I was able to fix this by having the CL U-turn and then follow the BB so a 270 degree turn to starboard (right) was done.  After this the ability to turn left was fixed.

This is the only battle I have played since the newest patch.  Will make new posts if I find anything new.

EDIT:  I just want to make something clear.  This is the first time I have ever continued a campaign from a previous hotfix instead of starting a new one since I did not want to spend 11 years in the campaign before my first battle again.  Because of this, I am not sure if the issue is due to carrying the save forward or issues with the newest hotfix.

Edited by Suribachi
  • Like 1

A strange problem is happening with some ports. With large map scale, it is impossible to send ships there, but if you zoom in, you can. In the example - Santiago de Cuba. You may also notice inconsistency in the name of the ports, but this is a minor problem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lima said:

A strange problem is happening with some ports. With large map scale, it is impossible to send ships there, but if you zoom in, you can. In the example - Santiago de Cuba. You may also notice inconsistency in the name of the ports, but this is a minor problem.

This has been around  since 1.1 initially, or at the very least one of the first updates. I believe I reported it ingame the moment I noticed it.

also

Can you guys reduce the size of the ocean area info popup on the campaign map ? @Nick Thomadis

it blocks other information and TF here and there on the map

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MDHansen said:

This has been around  since 1.1 initially, or at the very least one of the first updates. I believe I reported it ingame the moment I noticed it

Me too, but now I decided to record a video to make it clearer.

Edited by Lima
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lima said:

Reported this kind of thing earlier today.  Thanks for making a video of it and thanks for finding a workaround!

My original post about the issue:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

Okay... Found a curious bug: If you save your current campaign, and then load another campaign without restarting the game, the land offensives seem to get transferred to the new campaign.

This is a case from the very beginning. Even if you delete all campaigns and start a brand new one, this will happen. These fights disappear after 2-3 turns.

The lost division problem seems to be partially solved but only insofar that ships launched from ports will now appear on the map. Those that were at sea when the bug appeared are still missing in my campaign. Is there a way to get them back as I don't want to loose four years of my current campaign?

Just now, Silas Kruge said:

The lost division problem seems to be partially solved but only insofar that ships launched from ports will now appear on the map. Those that were at sea when the bug appeared are still missing in my campaign. Is there a way to get them back as I don't want to loose four years of my current campaign?

They are lost forever. There is no chance to cure it. In beta, you need to constantly make backups.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lima said:

They are lost forever. There is no chance to cure it. In beta, you need to constantly make backups.

Ok, thanks for the info. I will make backups more often than I did, for sure! Not a big problem, anyways. Fortunately, my last "pristine" save was at a good time!

The updates are going really well on this, my Italy campaign has had several battles now and the behavior of my ships/divisions has been much improved since a few patches ago. The fishtailing effect that others pointed out earlier in this beta is still present to a degree (I had experienced it in my France campaign actually, but I just assumed it was pre-Dreadnoughts being trash as is their wont), but the ships do shape up after a few in-game minutes and follow the charted course. A little irritating, but it's functional now and my ships do go where I want them to. I don't prefer this behavior to the totally smooth sailing of 1.09, but I can accept this as working-as-intended if that's what you guys want for realism or whatever. I've never served in the navy and I don't know if warships actually behave like this under steering, maybe they do and this way is better.

BTW I don't know if you've altered the peace negotiation mechanics to be more likely to give the player what you ask for, but in both this campaign and my earlier French one I got exactly what I demanded from two different peace deals. Please keep it this way if there's any doubt about it. There is nothing more frustrating than fighting through a war, trashing the enemy navy and blockading them into ruin, and then getting nothing for your trouble. I understand that you don't want the player to have complete control over what your nation does, but agency is still a really big deal and being rewarded for successes is a fundamental part of what makes a game fun. I want you to know how satisfying it was to have my French dudes tell Spain, "Yeah, we want Guantanamo Bay and a bunch of West African territories, losers" and to have Spain be like "Yes okay just please stop shelling us".

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Silas Kruge said:

Yeah I lost a new campaign with that, too. It looks like all the ships that existed before the patch are part of a ghost fleet and only newly built ships populated the map. 

I haven't got in the good habit of backing up my saves since starting the beta branch....