Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

16 minutes ago, Makko said:

image.png.18393140156059dbfcd463dd53dcc3f2.png

There is clearly enough space to mount this secondary gun but because it snaps to the hardpoint it will not let me place it. Please change/remove the hardpoint system it is very frustrating.

Norbert was faster :D

Edited by ZorinW

Thank you Norbert that is very helpful!

Bug encountered: some of the enemy shells seem to be burrowing/ramming my ship, they have landed on the deck and are doing prolonged constant and high amounts of damage making a loud noise and sparking violently. This ship has only been hit a couple times, yet it counts them as thousands lol

image.thumb.png.e7a433cd609e43d4ce0316b7588304cb.png

Edited by Makko
l
  • Like 2

The fix for the crew bug for the AI nations seems to be helping but as you get further and further along the AI doesn't do a great job of managing it's finances.

It helped a LOT mind you but once you get into the 30s (starting 1910 UK) There isn't a heck of a lot to fight.  Something reset my save files just as I started pissing the Germans off enough to go to war to see what they had (I never could get the Germans to fight but AH was all in my face)

Good job to the Devs to start fixing the issue but there seems to be a ways to go.

• Like 1

@Nick Thomadis so about the accuracy changes. This seems to be a good example.

This is what happens when I charge with a small DD against the entire enemy fleet.

I took the time to click each one enemy ship in the frontline to take a look at the accuracy values.

NOTE: My videos go dark when I upload to YouTube. I have no idea why. 😑

• Like 2

Quick feedback here with regards to the whole French weight issue.
I've got an incomplete super dreadnought here with quite the forward weight offset.
BMyps5N.png
Now you would think that the way to fix this issue would be to remove some of the truly hilarious amount of guns located on the front end of the ship.
And you'd be wrong.
This is how you fix the forward weight offset:
Ho7nMNv.png
By adding an additional 2,000 tons of weight right on the front of the ship.
I'm not an engineer, so I don't know if this is actually how these things work, but it's starting to look a whole lot like Baguette Space Magic from where I'm sitting.

• Like 6

*Hotfix UPDATE 15 * (18/6/2022)

- Fixed major bugs on the Campaign income mechanics. There was no applied growth, the growth was not used for the crew pool and other unfortunate issues. These fixes should now stabilize the campaign. It will be optimized with your feedback.
- AI Crew pool will now be affected by the Difficulty Level accordingly.

*PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD* (Saves not reset, just be sure you update by noticing the version of the beta in the News)

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Fixed major bugs on the Campaign income mechanics. There was no applied growth, the growth was not used for the crew pool and other unfortunate issues. These fixes should now stabilize the campaign. It will be optimized with your feedback.

*PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD* (Saves not reset, just be sure you update by noticing the version of the beta in the News)

image.jpeg.c737b670ce11e272c147c6565ee3e4b6.jpeg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Please tell me this removed the GDP growth cap that prevented long campaigns. (good luck affording a 45kt BB with a 9b Gdp) 

Example of two ships in the same squadron running into each other with "avoid" set.    A short time later you can see the two ships cock blocking each other away from the actual battle with "avoid" still set.   Turning off avoid will allow them to return to where they should be eventually.

bump.thumb.jpg.5df815d94ec5d38391e7f12711b0bd4f.jpgbump2.thumb.jpg.0979f96f2edd057fa327030323d1527c.jpg

I played a couple of fights without encountering the infinite barrage bug again, so I guess that was fixed too... kind of important detail to forget to put into the changelog. ;)

My GDP is now above what used to be the hard-cap, so that works too.

Looking rather good so far.

There is no secondary tower available for British Battlecruiser VI and when you research modern battlecruiser no modern battlecruiser shows up.  Going to keep researching the cruiser line for a bit longer before working on the battleship line (But I got some DANG modern 1910 BCs!!!)

NOTE:  They did finally show up I just had to research the hell out of control towers to get one that would go onto the ship

Edited by jtjohn1

Refitting ships instantly receive their new refit equipment even though they just started the refit and have not returned to port lol 

I have a re-fight battle where now my cruisers are packing 11.9 inch guns instead of the 9 inchers they had yesterday 

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Yes it should be working now with growth.

I ran a 1890 germany campaign again, the GDP did exceed what it was [capped at] previously, but it eventually slowed down and is now slightly decreasing. 

Here's an example [feb / march 1898]

image.thumb.png.8954b4ff4f23bc0e6783eb02ab637b28.png

I'm also curious about the math, Naval Budget percent is 3.84% of 10.901B, presumably the 10.9b is annual it's 3.84 of 1/12 of that value, but 39.1 million is 3.84% of 1 / 12 of a number closer to 12 billion. 

Perhaps the events that add percentages to your GDP are doing something funky?

Edited by admiralsnackbar
  • Like 1

I've been finding the spotting system extremely frustrating lately, this battle is my BB with a DD scouting chasing an enemy DD. The enemy DD is firing at my BB. 

Neither my BB nor my DD can see the stupid enemy DD.

This makes 0 sense realistically and is awful for gameplay since this is like watching paint dry. 

If ships are shooting at each barring night combat or radar, both of the ships can sea each other. There is no datalinked over the horizon fire control here. The ships in question have vision on each other.

It might take a while to spot the other ship if it is hull down and firing from long range, but it is not impossible like it is currently. 

image.thumb.png.d5c7662b564fb456785c09b9002e7935.png s

Edited by Makko
a
  • Like 6

Well, its still major broken. Started 1900 Germany. France and the British went to war with AH after a few months so I stayed neutral for a few years. There war did not end and eventually I started a war with France. Guess what.One British port has 32 times its capacity in ships Almost all French and AH ports are over capacity as well. Italy who was neutral till just now when it allied with me is ok, her ports and fleet look "normal". I ran the war 3 months and had one battle. It was a fleet of 2 BBs with support ships against a British CL. The war score in the top left is only at about 5000 to 3000 after 4 years of war. Can't play like this a fix is needed to solve these big game breaking issues before better testing for balancing can be done.

2 hours ago, Makko said:

I've been finding the spotting system extremely frustrating lately, this battle is my BB with a DD scouting chasing an enemy DD. The enemy DD is firing at my BB. 

Neither my BB nor my DD can see the stupid enemy DD.

This makes 0 sense realistically and is awful for gameplay since this is like watching paint dry. 

If ships are shooting at each barring night combat or radar, both of the ships can sea each other. There is no datalinked over the horizon fire control here. The ships in question have vision on each other.

It might take a while to spot the other ship if it is hull down and firing from long range, but it is not impossible like it is currently. 

image.thumb.png.d5c7662b564fb456785c09b9002e7935.png s

Sometimes enabling DD auto helm will catch up and spot the runaways better, faster.

Update 15 diplomacy working without issues so far, on my side anyway, it's looks and feels good.

But I haven't had any convoy/transport missions yet, 1910 to 1913 May, neither to attack nor to defend when 'Invade' and/or 'Protect' status set. There use to be many but not one yet. Any one else the same? 

Edited by Skeksis