Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

1 minute ago, Norbert Sattler said:

It'd be nice if there was some screen where we could see for each nation who they are at war and allied with.

Er, not the 'Politics' screen? +100 = allied, -100 = war, +/- 99 = not quite there yet.

And that is an issue in and off itself. Just because two countries hate each other should not mean they have to go to war and them loving each other should not make them automatic allies.

Also needing to have full tension should not be an absolute necessity to go to war, since countries that don't have each other also sometimes go to war for strategic, economic or political reasons.

Also I'm not fully sure that it applies to alliances even right now, since I did form alliances with Germany and Italy in my current campaign and now am below 100 with them.

If all that's needed to dissolve an alliance is to get to only 99 I'd call that a serious flaw in the system. Not to mention when an alliance is dissolved, it should be told to the player in a pop-up window, like war-declaration and alliance declarations.

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

And that is an issue in and off itself. Just because two countries hate each other should not mean they have to go to war and them loving each other should not make them automatic allies.

Also needing to have full tension should not be an absolute necessity to go to war, since countries that don't have each other also sometimes go to war for strategic, economic or political reasons.

Agreed. There should be a way of making allies or declaring war whenever you want, so long as the other side agrees. With appropriate diplomatic and possibly domestic, penalties. Right at the moment tho, I'd not place this as a high priority. It would be nice to know it was on the list.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Is it intentional that with gunbarrel sizes a -1 is treated the same as a 0 (at least in mm)?

To get the 2" guns to be shown as 50mm I have to type -0.99 into the field, because a -1 ends up with the gun staying 51mm.

Yep, 25.4mm x 2 = 50.8 = 2"

3 minutes ago, kjg000 said:

Yep, 25.4mm x 2 = 50.8 = 2"

Yes... I know. What does this have to do with the issue I reported?

The point isn't how much exactly you need to type in to get 50 mm, that was just to illustrate. The point is that right now a -1 is treated as an actual 0, i.e. no modification to the barrel size, rather than making it 1 mm smaller.

But with the 2" being the only gun you can make smaller, it's the only gun where this is an issue... very minor issue to be sure, but still odd at the very least.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Yes... I know. What does this have to do with the issue I reported?

Sorry, I misunderstood. I would expect 50.8 to be rounded to 51mm and x0.99 to be rounded to 50mm, but I see your point. When dealing in mm -1 should either be -1mm or -3.5mm if rounding -0.1 inch. As it is entering -1 in mm seems to do nothing, while entering -2mm correctly gives 49mm.

15 patch for 1.06 looks GREAT! Finally we have some playable campaign, where we have a bunch of issue, but now is working! Diplomacy ok, crew ok, GDP ok, AI not stupid like on the beginning, no major bugs. This need a lot work yet, but we are on good way.

For me now the issue are:

-Building ships have a lot of components and because of that human are much more superior than AI. Even if we add more money, crew to the AI, this don't change a lot. I will prefer that offset, roll and pitch will be decreased for AI by 50%, 10%, 10%. Usually AI have big problems to balance the ship and here we help them to be more competitive. Also maybe the weight of ship will be decreased for AI by 0%/1%/2% (deepens of difficulty). 

-2" are OP, because of the "range found" and adjustment these guns to 2.9" long barrel and HE shells. On the 1890-1905 for sure.

-Adjustment guns are silly, long barrel is "must have" for each gun. (if you don't have it you losing like hell, when you have that you winning everything no matter what.) 

-DD are too strong, small fast target make them stronger that heavy armored BB. 

-Torps are too weak, damage from them should be much bigger, the dud chance and range are okay. 

-The battles are often the same 4 DD vs 4 DD or 50 ships vs 50 ships. It will be more funny to have a small scale battles like 5-8 ships vs 5-8 ships

-Tech tree are messed up. Some parts could be from 1908 unlocked in 1901 and some part from 1898 not unlocked yet. What worst that CA hull size are first to unlocked and after that the CL hull size could be unlocked. DD any size could be unlocked and after that we research the 900t hull for DD, so basically we can make 1200t DD until we are too advance and we can do only up to 900t DD. Researching fuel and boilers are too slow in my opinion. 

• Like 4

Something was rather drastically changed in the last update beyond the GDP fix.

Despite now having a higher GDP, I have a much harder time affording the same number of ships as before the patch.

Also in case anyone else was also unaware of this: Putting very little money into crew-training will cause even ships that already reached veteran status to regress over time and sooner or later be staffed with cadets again. -_-

2 hours ago, itolan1752 said:

1.06 UPDATE 15

start in UK, 1890

when I into battle.the UI that show how many ships was disappeared.20220619190658_1.thumb.jpg.00bb889f94f8d1a9d8ce42f09a0f723b.jpg

it could be solved by press "Esc"

20220619191142_1.thumb.jpg.1b389241881509dc0396bf1435ce4097.jpg

but in the same battle, the ship's UI disappeared next.

20220619190621_1.thumb.jpg.579596c02e17d2d547a5e0585d534871.jpg

the worse thing was. the "pinball" bug happened again.

20220619191858_1.thumb.jpg.6cf6cd7f9c9f7635f1c6e1236c94d0b1.jpg

maybe there is a relation between ship's UI disappeared and "pinball" bug?

because previous campaign (AH) ,the ship's UI disappeared and "pinball" bug happened together,too.(I didn't record that)

This is caused by a code exception, so far known but please report when you get it. It will help to fix it sooner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IsmaelMolina2021 said:

@Nick Thomadis, if I want to add a new hull for Germany, then I would like to have Helgoland Class Battleship to be added into the game

Check out this link of Helgoland Class Battleship and it's information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helgoland-class_battleship

My request for adding Helgoland Class Battleship hull for Germany

2 hours ago, Plazma said:

15 patch for 1.06 looks GREAT! Finally we have some playable campaign, where we have a bunch of issue, but now is working! Diplomacy ok, crew ok, GDP ok, AI not stupid like on the beginning, no major bugs. This need a lot work yet, but we are on good way.

For me now the issue are:

-Building ships have a lot of components and because of that human are much more superior than AI. Even if we add more money, crew to the AI, this don't change a lot. I will prefer that offset, roll and pitch will be decreased for AI by 50%, 10%, 10%. Usually AI have big problems to balance the ship and here we help them to be more competitive. Also maybe the weight of ship will be decreased for AI by 0%/1%/2% (deepens of difficulty). 

-2" are OP, because of the "range found" and adjustment these guns to 2.9" long barrel and HE shells. On the 1890-1905 for sure.

-Adjustment guns are silly, long barrel is "must have" for each gun. (if you don't have it you losing like hell, when you have that you winning everything no matter what.) 

-DD are too strong, small fast target make them stronger that heavy armored BB. 

-Torps are too weak, damage from them should be much bigger, the dud chance and range are okay. 

-The battles are often the same 4 DD vs 4 DD or 50 ships vs 50 ships. It will be more funny to have a small scale battles like 5-8 ships vs 5-8 ships

-Tech tree are messed up. Some parts could be from 1908 unlocked in 1901 and some part from 1898 not unlocked yet. What worst that CA hull size are first to unlocked and after that the CL hull size could be unlocked. DD any size could be unlocked and after that we research the 900t hull for DD, so basically we can make 1200t DD until we are too advance and we can do only up to 900t DD. Researching fuel and boilers are too slow in my opinion.

I'd like to see fog of war and more catastrophes at higher difficulties. Losing all power, turret malfunctions, etc.

And yeah, torpedo hits need to be way more severe.

Edited by slightlytreasonous

In the Austro-Hungarian tech tree in the Hull Strengthening slot there's something a bit... odd.

You go Dreadnought -> Experimental Dreadnought -> Experimental Dreadnought 2 -> Dreadnought 3 -> Dreadnought 2 -> Dreadnought 3.

No those are not typos, you first unlock Dread 3, then Dread 2 and then a second technology that also unlocks Dread 3.

Another chapter to the book of "I can't make war on the UK".

I am now once again at war with France. France and the UK have 100 relation with each other... which may or may not make them allies... and yet despite me being at war with their friend or ally and racking up tension with them from being in places they don't want me to be in, I am still stuck at the -99 threshold and they just won't join the war.

• Like 2

Ok,a problem I've seen several times now. After working on one of the Politics, Finances, Research, Ship Design, or Fleet screens, the UI keeps displaying whichever you were last on when you try to switch to the World screen, with the World Screen visible underneath. The only way I've been able to clear the problem, other than quitting, was to enter the Dockyard screen (View or New Design), then exit and go to the world screen.

I haven't yet identified exactly what actions causes the problem.

• Like 2

Tried my hands on another German 1890s campaing again. Focused on research with no ships from the start and balanced all decisions on maxing GDP while not starting any wars.

1st set of BBs was ready in 1905 but at that point neither the French nor the Italians had any ships left (also not a single one showing in port) which did not stop them to start wars with me. 🤨

1933 now and not a single battle, i do not think this is working as intended.

The research systems needs a bit of rework in general from my point of view.

Please consider either going with a baseline research (at 50% budget) to enable certain technologies on a general timeline with budget cost being the balancing factor or a progressiv research that gets more researchpoints the longer you invest like Transport capacity to reflect on the commitment to research.

On a side note, please think about moving the fuels (with a bit of renaming) into the Engines research tree or at least earlier in the Boilers tree.

Unlocking Diesels and Gas Turbines with only Coal as fuel doesnt really make sense and i imagine the extra range will matter once the Pacific campaigns become available.

Thank you for the constant updates!

PS: Please let us stop research on 1-3 too in addition to the priorities.

Edited by Zombie1914
  • Like 2

On

8 minutes ago, kjg000 said:

Ok,a problem I've seen several times now. After working on one of the Politics, Finances, Research, Ship Design, or Fleet screens, the UI keeps displaying whichever you were last on when you try to switch to the World screen, with the World Screen visible underneath. The only way I've been able to clear the problem, other than quitting, was to enter the Dockyard screen (View or New Design), then exit and go to the world screen.

I haven't yet identified exactly what actions causes the problem.

Only had this issue while refitting ships so far. (Very consistent and send bug reports.)

Restarting the game showed the same screen again but was able to switch to World screen and continue the game again.

Yes, definitely harder to keep up with my ships.

Austria 1890 campaign now in 1927. Despite having 1.5 bil more GDP than in the previous update, I can barely manage to afford my "fleet" of 8 ships (4 dread 1, 2 experimental dread 1, 2 experimental dread 2), where in Update 14 and before I could easily afford that plus my 4 constantly refitted Pre-Dreads, 2 Dread 2 and 2 Modern battleships.

Something must have happened to the naval budget or the maintanance costs. And I don't like what this change does.

OK so I have to revise what I was thinking earlier: this update is still broken.

I had a nice little war going as Italy against France. Suddenly I go back to play today, design a few new ships, hit next turn.......and our war is over! There was no peace deal, no treaty, no new screen, no UI popup, nothing. Just that the UI on the right lacked a war indicator with my VP vs. their VP. And the funny part was an event popped up with them threatening war with me!

Even more odd, on the left, I was now grouped with France apparently in a war against Germany...who I was neutral with and had high relations.

(No mention of A-H who I had been actually allied with and who was also at war with France, not that the blasted UI ever had shown that!)

But the best is for next turn - where my Unrest suddenly jumped to 100 and my naval prestige went to over 1,200+! The government was overthrown...whatever effect that is supposed to have because apparently I was popular enough so I could stay...

Clearly something is still badly broken in this campaign. This is exactly, precisely the reason I have LONG argued that these campaign-expanding updates are BAD for development and should NOT be the current focus of limited programmer resources. They introduce far more unforeseen and cascading bugs than good features and enjoyment that they bring!

They should instead be starting from the ground up, refining basic game-play systems that already exist and are the CORE of the game: shipbuilding, spotting, weather, etc. If something must be added to keep plebs happy, then don't muck around with complex international actions for now. Add reconnaissance or intelligence . Give the map some meaning besides as a place to move a horrible UI of little task forces around! Hell, an entire update simply devoted to a UI facelift would be infinitely preferred to campaign enlargement for its own sake! Flesh out a basic logistics or shipbuilding system tied to ports!

All would be easier with static, 2v3, or 1v1 locked "campaigns" for now. Instead, what we have is a bugfest of "free and open" campaigns and nothing else.

Honestly I am disappointed with this game and where development resources are most being focused. We are not getting a better naval design and combat game, but a buggy, naval real-time-tactics title that lacks the necessary depth to make it interesting beyond a few turns.

Edited by Littorio
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Littorio said:

OK so I have to revise what I was thinking earlier: this update is still broken.

I had a nice little war going as Italy against France. Suddenly I go back to play today, design a few new ships, hit next turn.......and our war is over! There was no peace deal, no treaty, no new screen, no UI popup, nothing. Just that the UI on the right lacked a war indicator with my VP vs. their VP. And the funny part was an event popped up with them threatening war with me!

Even more odd, on the left, I was now grouped with France apparently in a war against Germany...who I was neutral with and had high relations.

(No mention of A-H who I had been actually allied with and who was also at war with France, not that the blasted UI ever had shown that!)

But the best is for next turn - where my Unrest suddenly jumped to 100 and my naval prestige went to over 1,200+! The government was overthrown...whatever effect that is supposed to have because apparently I was popular enough so I could stay...

Clearly something is still badly broken in this campaign. This is exactly, precisely the reason I have LONG argued that these campaign-expanding updates are BAD for development and should NOT be the current focus of limited programmer resources. They introduce far more unforeseen and cascading bugs than good features and enjoyment that they bring!

They should instead be starting from the ground up, refining basic game-play systems that already exist and are the CORE of the game: shipbuilding, spotting, weather, etc. If something must be added to keep plebs happy, then don't muck around with complex international actions for now. Add reconnaissance or intelligence . Give the map some meaning besides as a place to move a horrible UI of little task forces around! Hell, an entire update simply devoted to a UI facelift would be infinitely preferred to campaign enlargement for its own sake! Flesh out a basic logistics or shipbuilding system tied to ports!

All would be easier with static, 2v3, or 1v1 locked "campaigns" for now. Instead, what we have is a bugfest of "free and open" campaigns and nothing else.

Honestly I am disappointed with this game and where development resources are most being focused. We are not getting a better naval design and combat game, but a buggy, naval real-time-tactics title that lacks the necessary depth to make it interesting beyond a few turns.

Did you send a bug report? Sending the game files is the best way for developers to track and identify bugs. Send previous turn as part 1 and send corruption as part 2.  

Sometimes notifications here is useless to solve major bugs. 

PS, watching with interest, waiting for the game to go live.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

18 minutes ago, Littorio said:

Gotta say I completely agree.

• Like 3

Just

46 minutes ago, Littorio said:

But the best is for next turn - where my Unrest suddenly jumped to 100 and my naval prestige went to over 1,200+!

They should instead be starting from the ground up, refining basic gameplay systems that already exist and are the CORE of the game: shipbuilding, spotting, weather, etc. If something must be added to keep plebs happy, then don't muck around with complex international actions for now. Add reconnaissance or intelligence . Give the map some meaning besides as a place to move a horrible UI of little task forces around!

Honestly I am disappointed with this game and where development resources are most being focused. We are not getting a better naval design and combat game, but a buggy, naval real-time-tactics title.

I agree, just about everything has some sort of fault or design flaw. However, this is a complex game so the Dev's are doing well to keep up the pace they are. But you are correct, it's probably time for some consolidation and optimization before adding new features. And the pace they are setting could easily be exacerbating the problem with quick fixes creating the likelihood of more bugs down the road.

Just about everybody, including myself, wants some new feature or hull, and this is good. How else are we to get the best game possible, but an ever more complex game becomes harder and harder to maintain if it starts out buggy. So these requests should be noted, preferably acknowledged, and kept in mind for future consideration.

I've just found yet another bug I had seen before in much earlier versions (bug report sent). It involves these interminable chases where you are after an enemy ship and are taking forever to catch up. In this case I had finally got the enemy within range of my guns, when I lost the ability to steer using the mouse. Everything else functioned well. I could select any ship or function. I could even steer using the rudder control, but not the mouse. A bug I had thought had disappeared, but now its back.

• Like 3