Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

New thing I encountered, finished a war of me (France) and my ally the UK vs the other AI nations.
War ended with the remaining three AI nations being left with no ships to speak of...but even though most of them have enoguh money, they're not building new ships, pretty much ending my campaign.

I did notice that their manpower pool stays the same and money keeps going up and down as if they are building stuff.
Bugreport has been sent...wondering if someone else encountered this.

image.thumb.png.215f41d6ac3809c95d769889eb3c4e7d.png

Italian fresh campaign.

Allied to German and Austro-Hungarian.

German Empire collapsed Alone vs England.

i am with Austro-Hungarian on war vs French but i have to fight this:

image.thumb.png.4a0d88870789a5307bc666541fbac3fd.png

image.thumb.png.93a9827c45e876440e247788f59869f7.png

Every time i play as Italian German collapse and i have yo fight my allied.

27 minutes ago, ilguisco said:

Italian fresh campaign.

Allied to German and Austro-Hungarian.

German Empire collapsed Alone vs England.

i am with Austro-Hungarian on war vs French but i have to fight this:

image.thumb.png.4a0d88870789a5307bc666541fbac3fd.png

image.thumb.png.93a9827c45e876440e247788f59869f7.png

Every time i play as Italian German collapse and i have yo fight my allied.

Happened to me as well. Was at war with France, which didn't hsow on the left side of the screen, just  on the right, while Germany was at war with Britan. When Germany collapsed, as it has always done in every single campaign, all alliances switched on the following turn and I was at war with my former Allies.

1 hour ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Did you send a bug report? Sending the game files is the best way for developers to track and identify bugs. Send previous turn as part 1 and send corruption as part 2.  

Sometimes notifications here is useless to solve major bugs. 

PS, watching with interest, waiting for the game to go live.

Yes I sent multiple bug reports within the game itself and will add one on here to boot.

• Like 1

In hotfix 15 I have encountered the bug that the war continues after accepting a peace treaty.  I am AH against the French 1900 start.

On the third offer from the French it went through ok and peace was accepted.

Economy was working as it should up until I signed peace treaty with the French, I instantly went from +16m a month from my naval budget to -30 million and my budget during peace time has been shrinking ever since.

Loving the game though, masses of potential it's gonna be great

Edited by Narbar

Right now I like the 1.06(as mentioned before), but in my opinion this version 1.06 15 hotfix we should received on the beginning. Awesome job team, but little naggings below:

Lot's of bug and poor balance yes, a lot of stuff I think will be added too, the work progress right now is very slow and the patches are too much bugged.

I compared this game to Bannerlord, other game in beta state and when the new version is coming out, we have often a one Hotfix after pushed a new version and silence for few days. The progress also is extremally slow in my opinion, but often you have missed content a little bad balance and low amount of bugs, here we have bugs and bugs and balance doesn't exist in 1.06. We have today 15 Hotfix for version 1.06... Something is not okay when you must push hotfix for each day. I hope they tested a new system to delivery the patch to us players and we will don't have something like that in the future. 

I don't understand, why Dev are not focusing on 2-3 major things and try to catch the bugs. I check first page and amount of changes are enormous, the most important:

-Random events (doesn't work until 15 hotfix.) 

-Tension (works from beginning, but the diplomacy/war/peace was broken so... it was useless)

-Alliances (not sure if this work... I know I can't make a fight with Britain)

-War (this doesn't work in 100%, I have war but no battles or endless war... and this was little fixed in one of the hotfix).

-Negotiations for Peace (fixed in 15 hotfix)

-Economic Cycles (fixed in 15 hotfix)

-New detailed Citadel: (works, but little bugged, but okay)

-New Special Gun Calibers (... a big change, not balanced, little bugged, the most annoying thing in this patch)

-Dud Torpedoes (it was okay from the beginning, but torps are not balanced)

-NEW  HULLS & GUNS  (new stuff is always okay)

From 10 things only 3 works, maybe 4 if we including not balanced, broken guns... and fixed 2 bugs... so you give us more bugged more unbalanced game... I know this is Beta, but after 20 days is "okay" to play new version of the game. Something is not okay :D I expected one or two major bugs, but not a 7! 

But I must say it one time again, now we can play a campaign by few years! This is awesome! GDP matter, teach matter, cost and time of building ships matter! But... the "New Special Gun Calibers" and "improved" accuracy make this game 2.9" DD vs the rest... 

Example 5 DD vs 2CL, less than 90s of fight. When I try to use my BB, the enemies (here HA) doing this same to my BB. So even I hate DD, my navy is DD, my main ship are DD, my BB is DD, my father is DD, my wife is DD, I am DD. 

Also my campaign start be a dead one... enemy don't want a fight or we go to collapse via GDP shrinking. The AI doesn't want build a ships also... 

AND PLEASE GIVE ME MORE ADVANCE FUEL THAN COAL!!!

Edited by Plazma
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Plazma said:

Right now I like the 1.06(as mentioned before), but in my opinion this version 1.06 15 hotfix we should received on the beginning. Awesome job team, but little naggings below:

Lot's of bug and poor balance yes, a lot of stuff I think will be added too, the work progress right now is very slow and the patches are too much bugged.

I compared this game to Bannerlord, other game in beta state and when the new version is coming out, we have often a one Hotfix after pushed a new version and silence for few days. The progress also is extremally slow in my opinion, but often you have missed content a little bad balance and low amount of bugs, here we have bugs and bugs and balance doesn't exist in 1.06. We have today 15 Hotfix for version 1.06... Something is not okay when you must push hotfix for each day. I hope they tested a new system to delivery the patch to us players and we will don't have something like that in the future. 

I don't understand, why Dev are not focusing on 2-3 major things and try to catch the bugs. I check first page and amount of changes are enormous, the most important:

-Random events (doesn't work until 15 hotfix.) 

-Tension (works from beginning, but the diplomacy/war/peace was broken so... it was useless)

-Alliances (not sure if this work... I know I can't make a fight with Britain)

-War (this doesn't work in 100%, I have war but no battles or endless war... and this was little fixed in one of the hotfix).

-Negotiations for Peace (fixed in 15 hotfix)

-Economic Cycles (fixed in 15 hotfix)

-New detailed Citadel: (works, but little bugged, but okay)

-New Special Gun Calibers (... a big change, not balanced, little bugged, the most annoying thing in this patch)

-Dud Torpedoes (it was okay from the beginning, but torps are not balanced)

-NEW  HULLS & GUNS  (new stuff is always okay)

From 10 things only 3 works, maybe 4 if we including not balanced, broken guns... and fixed 2 bugs... so you give us more bugged more unbalanced game... I know this is Beta, but after 20 days is "okay" to play new version of the game. Something is not okay :D I expected one or two major bugs, but not a 7! 

But I must say it one time again, now we can play a campaign by few years! This is awesome! GDP matter, teach matter, cost and time of building ships matter! But... the "New Special Gun Calibers" and "improved" accuracy make this game 2.9" DD vs the rest... 

Example 5 DD vs 2CL, less than 90s of fight. When I try to use my BB, the enemies (here HA) doing this same to my BB. So even I hate DD, my navy is DD, my main ship are DD, my BB is DD, my father is DD, my wife is DD, I am DD. 

Also my campaign start be a dead one... enemy don't want a fight or we go to collapse via GDP shrinking. The AI doesn't want build a ships also... 

I approve your point

Some bugs I still see of update 15:

- AI wars never end

- AI still eventually stops building new ships

- It's impossible to lose an alliance once you have formed one

- Even if I demand a teritory I will never receive it

- 2" gun is too powerful 

- Crew death is too easy

- Training and recruitment both seem to be using the same slider - this doesn't work once you hit midgame

- Although there are some changes in GDP now the total GDP still doesn't increase with at the rate of growth displayed over time

- Sometimes (such as during war) GDP growth will appear positive, but GDP will be shrinking

- The changes in tension between turns doesn't match what is displayed in game

What is better:

- Ship paths and formations are much improved.

- Aiming is much improved, perhaps still slightly too bad early game and slightly too good late game. But much better.

- Research progresses at an acceptable rate now

- Battles are generating at an acceptable rate, until the AI runs out

Wishlist:

- Formations should ideally could be set up before battle. After all, admirals would choose how to deploy their fleet according to doctrine.

- Some form of intelligence should give information about enemy fleets and ships outside of wartime

Thank you devs! You have made some great progress this month and I'm excited to see every new update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plazma said:

but in my opinion this version 1.06 15 hotfix we should received on the beginning. Awesome job team, but little naggings below:

Don’t forget, if the testing that we have done was in-house it would have been months if not years before content could be released. By passing some, most, of the testing over to us it has speed up the development process, even speed up what has taken 15+ updates, we have saved in-house time expenditure.  

IMO this process is still justified, no matter the bugs, we get to play too!

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

Don’t forget, if the testing that we have done was in-house it would have been months if not years before content could be released. By passing some, most, of the testing over to us it has speed up the development process, even speed up what has taken 15+ updates, we have saved in-house time expenditure.  

The game is definitely worth it and it is worth while playing the beta and reporting the faults. I think many are saying it's time to take stock and deal with the many many bugs and frustrations that exist rather than rushing into another update. Dealing with them now will pay benefits as unresolved bugs just multiply.

• Like 8

So far I have played UK from 1910 to 1940 Legendary here are some thoughts

Sometimes the game seems to lock up on building ships.  If you wait long enough (talking 4 or 5 minutes) it will move on but this is very jarring

Radar can see thru smoke!  If a ship pops smoke and rushes a battle line with level 3 radar it shouldn't really effect the ability of the battle line to hit.  It's not like you lose lock because of the smoke or something. 

Destroyers and TBs are HARD to kill now especially when they pop smoke (See above) but they pop smoke, go into stealth mode, take multiple 8.9" and 16.9" rounds and just keep chugging along.  These rounds would go thru a Torpedo boat long ways (Unless they hit something to set the shell off like the engines) I don't care what angle it's coming in on repeatedly bouncing this shells or having these shells do hardly any damage isn't accurate.

The AI needs to be able to rebuild it's battlefleet especially on Legendary.  Don't get me wrong it's a 1000X better than what it was (Great job Devs!!) but after several massive battles the AI can never recover to be a threat anymore.  Once you get past that point it's "Well let's build smaller and smaller ships to give the AI a chance!!  Lets keep most of the fleet in mothballs!"  The issue though is if the AI keeps fighting itself then it can never get enough $$$ to do anything. 

A 1910 Battlecruiser that has modern radar, guns, and has been kept completely up to date should be able to still hit things (I just spent 10 minutes trying to hit a heavy cruiser in 1940 with my fully up to date battlecruiser)  I never hit it.  Even down to 7 or 8 Kilometers.  I know there isn't an great upgrade for the towers but once you have modern radar fire control you should be able to hit things almost as good as a modern ship.

Edited by jtjohn1
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, kjg000 said:

I think many are saying it's time to take stock and deal with the many many bugs and frustrations that exist rather than rushing into another update. Dealing with them now will pay benefits as unresolved bugs just multiply.

Yes, exactly. There are too many existing systems and features that need calibrating to add additional material right now.

• Like 4

A few things/bugs that i have noticed in 1.06 update 15; some of which i have reported with the in-game system:

Minor - ship designer - graphical: gun length caliber number does not change when multiple turrets are on the ship already. If you have more than one turret of a certain gun and then change the length of the gun, its displayed length in caliber does not change eg, as an example 14''/45 guns set on ship, then add +10% length and it still displays as 14''/45; you need to remove all guns but one to have the display update to 14"/50. The stats and model of the guns do change correctly, so this is just an annoyance.
Minor (could be by design, though) - ship designer - balancing: the new French mark 3 gun turrets are significantly bigger in height than some other nation's. this make them unable to superfire over one another unless using specifically tall (and heavier) barbettes, a situation that other nations do not have. As an example, I can use the medium 1 barbette with 14'' guns on top with the british and austro-hungarian empires, but not with the french. So one either needs to put in the heavier standard barbette or significantly space out the gun turrets, thus messing a lot with weight distribution and so on. Quite a big disadvantage.
Critical - Battle - gameplay: Game entered an infinite loop during a battle. Early in the battle, one of my ships (austro-hungarian BB) got hit by a shell from a french CA. Then all hell broke loose. The ship started taking a gazillion hits non-stop, way faster than the enemy ship could actually fire, and even moreso than they should be able to hit. checking the game logs shows a constantly repeating error that I suppose causes the damage to be re-calculated (different damage value each time) and re-applied for the same hit. Details of the repeating error logged below.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at UiExt.UiExt.SetTooltip (UnityEngine.GameObject uiElem, System.String textId, System.Func`1[TResult] textFunc, System.Boolean custom, System.Boolean appendEvent, System.String prependText, System.String appendText, System.Nullable`1[T] heighOffset, System.Nullable`1[T] widthOffset) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Ui.RefreshShipInfo () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Ui.OnStatsChanged (Ship ship, Ship+Stat stat) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Ship.TakeHitRaw (Part from, Projectile projectile, System.Boolean precalcOnly, System.Nullable`1[T] precalcImpactPos, System.Nullable`1[T] precalcImpactRot, Ship+HitPrecalc hitPrecalc, System.Nullable`1[T] closeToPlace) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Shell.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

in object 'DamagedModules' can not find direct child 'engine_3' with component 'UnityEngine.Transform'
UnityEngine.Logger:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(Object, String, Object[])
Util:Get(GameObject, String, Boolean, Boolean)
Util:Get(GameObject, String, Boolean, Boolean)
Util:GetChild(GameObject, String, Boolean)
Ui:RefreshShipInfo()
Ui:OnStatsChanged(Ship, Stat)
Ship:TakeHitRaw(Part, Projectile, Boolean, Nullable`1, Nullable`1, HitPrecalc, Nullable`1)
Shell:Update()

6 hours ago, Skeksis said:

I agree, but I've reported bugs and seen no feedback, dev acknowledgement, nor mention in patch notes as having been fixed.  One longstanding bug, of shot accuracy against a non-target ship when that ship intersects the firing line, has additional information from several players, it's still happening as of update 13 (I haven't played 14 and 15 yet, I'm waiting on new RAM to arrive to keep this ancient beast going).  A simple 'we have received your feedback and will investigate would do wonders.  It really feels like devs just respond to the latest replies in this thread, and whole swathes go unread.

I posted a several bug two-part post in this thread.  No acknowledgement.  It has been feeling futile to try and bug-hunt, test bugs, and report on them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, UnleashtheKraken said:

I agree, but I've reported bugs and seen no feedback, dev acknowledgement, nor mention in patch notes as having been fixed.  One longstanding bug, of shot accuracy against a non-target ship when that ship intersects the firing line, has additional information from several players, it's still happening as of update 13 (I haven't played 14 and 15 yet, I'm waiting on new RAM to arrive to keep this ancient beast going).  A simple 'we have received your feedback and will investigate would do wonders.  It really feels like devs just respond to the latest replies in this thread, and whole swathes go unread.

I posted a several bug two-part post in this thread.  No acknowledgement.  It has been feeling futile to try and bug-hunt, test bugs, and report on them.

I can understand this in the context of a small team of people pushing out hotfixes in rapid succession. A very large company like CIG can do this in their bug reporting system. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZorinW said:

I lost two of four transports and the enemy gets 40.000+ victory points for that?!

ULAD_Victory Points.jpg

Obviously, these transports were carrying the latest pasta recipe. Without it, there is no point in continuing the war, everything is lost.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lima said:

Obviously, these transports were carrying the latest pasta recipe. Without it, there is no point in continuing the war, everything is lost.

Must have been... 

While we are on the point of AH: FINALLY STOP THEM HAVING TONNAGE DOUBLE OR TRIPPLE THEIR PORT CAPACITY! (same for the rest of the AI nations)

• Like 1

How are you all even playing the campaign? I've finally created my ships one by one over an hr. I got to where I can click start campaign, I do and it freezes and doesn't do anything else I've left it for 6 hours and still nothing. Also I have noticed during ship customization in campaign and in custom battle sometimes later in the build the computer will lag really bad trying to place parts anyone else had this issue and how'd you fix it? Graphics settings are on low btw.

Please note I have been to the bug report section and seen I am not the only one with these issues as many others cannot play the campaign due to freezing. Why has this not been addressed there (no acknowledgement of the issue) nor here? Your releasing all these updates for the campaign and some of your player base cant even play the damn campaign.

Edited by Kiknurazz91
New info
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kiknurazz91 said:

How are you all even playing the campaign? I've finally created my ships one by one over an hr. I got to where I can click start campaign, I do and it freezes and doesn't do anything else I've left it for 6 hours and still nothing. Also I have noticed during ship customization in campaign and in custom battle sometimes later in the build the computer will lag really bad trying to place parts anyone else had this issue and how'd you fix it? Graphics settings are on low btw.

Please note I have been to the bug report section and seen I am not the only one with these issues as many others cannot play the campaign due to freezing. Why has this not been addressed there (no acknowledgement of the issue) nor here? Your releasing all these updates for the campaign and some of your player base cant even play the damn campaign.

I am doing like this and it works: after I design a ship I leave ship designer and go built some and return back to designer, design another ship, rinse and repeat. By not spending too much time at ship designer at the start of campaign I prevent the freezes.

Apart from all the problems, I wanna add smtg else. when you acquire a ship as a war reparation, she continues to flies her previous flag instead of the new one.  

Currently there seems to be no real way to win a campaign, Germany collapsed and i've allied with all of the other countries. There is no way for me to wage war but the campaign won't end.

Oh, and the game still acts as if Germany is still there, so i still get random events that influence my relations with the non-existent germany.
image.thumb.png.cf3fb191f242a1dfc296d61869c55c10.png

Edited by Vagrant
  • Like 1