Game-Labs Forum

Seasonal Patch: The Missing Links Part 1

admin

1st things first: How do i access the testbed server? What do i have to do to get on it?

I find those changes really interesting!

I love the increase of the skillcap that comes with it!

I also see that 1vs1 frigate vs sol will be even more dead than it used to be. Even if you put the 1strate into perfect wind shadow of the frigate, i am sure that, if all works correctly, the wind shaddow will almost not effect the sol. 

Overall I like the changes. I just whish the acceleration an deceleration would be tuned down from +180%. 

I am curious to see how the battlesails and sail cloth changes will affect the gameplay. The way i see it, it is actully a nerf to demasting, since you will loose less speed from getting demasted. Battlesails with 3 masts might be the same sail cloth as 2 masts full sails. So you might be able to compensate more for the lack of a mast.

Overall: Getting and keeping the wind will become more important than ever which i love!

Fleet brawls will become a complete mess and really something you dont want to be stuck in. A blob of 1strates will be basically immobile when everyone is in the wind shadow of everyone. For fleets this will have a huge impact and commanders and sailors need to be veeery mindfull with their commands. Some angles of sailing and some fleet maneuvers will become just plain impossible. I like it. Higher skillcap. We will see how it plays out.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Wind shadow will work also in open water world? 

i will imagine it wont considering the range between the ships in OV vs In battle are much further then you see them, for instance if you are atop of a ship in OV and enter battle, you still spawn like 100-200m away from it usually

32 minutes ago, Puchu said:

Fleet brawls will become a complete mess and really something you dont want to be stuck in. A blob of 1strates will be basically immobile when everyone is in the wind shadow of everyone. For fleets this will have a huge impact and commanders and sailors need to be veeery mindfull with their commands. Some angles of sailing and some fleet maneuvers will become just plain impossible. I like it. Higher skillcap. We will see how it plays out.

im interested to see how far the wind shadow will affect the leeward side of the ships hull and sail size, 

5 hours ago, Gizzard said:

Any update on when testbed will be available and how for anyone who hasn't used it before please? :) Assume a new option in steam or some such?

33 minutes ago, admin said:

testbed is live

Not available for me...and yes, I know how to access it, unless I need a beta code this time ?

(There is no testbed option in the versions dropdown this time)

Or does Steam need time to "distribute" it ?

Just now, Jan van Santen said:

and thats w/o upgrades, books etc....

yes, no upgrades and no books, only long guns

Wind shadows seems that works correctly

and i think that battle sails are not usable. 53 per cent  is too few, ship is so slow and turning rate is not increase substantially. Probably a incentive for use it is speed at 80 per cent of full sails, 20 per cent more turn rate, and less damange on sails and masts

5 minutes ago, Lieste said:

I'm asking for a friend... but just what do you think 'chase guns' are for?

no idea "friend", but if you can demast the bottom section af indefatigable with the guns of cerberus this is not a playable game.

As to info: 

it should be added that there are redeemables.....

and that one has to relog to actually get exp and reales....

I didnt know that, so I ried a new character...and lost all redeemables.

It seems the redeemables are linked to Steam ID, but they are lost if character is deleted...

Well, at least I learned that the hard way and got them on my alt at least

Also: depending on the time testbed will run:  dublons should be added to redeemables.Also some books, upgrades etc. (if testbed runs less than a month)

Edited by Jan van Santen

Well I demasted a Rettlesnake and started to rake her with longs at 100m. With balls I nearly made no damage to her middle structure and  a perfect grape salvoe only took 10-20 men out. There should be more damage in my opinion if a third rate rakes a 6th rate.

12 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

As to info: 

it should be added that there are redeemables.....

and that one has to relog to actually get exp and reales....

I didnt know that, so I ried a new character...and lost all redeemables.

It seems the redeemables are linked to Steam ID, but they are lost if character is deleted...

Well, at least I learned that the hard way and got them on my alt at least

Also: depending on the time testbed will run:  dublons should be added to redeemables.Also some books, upgrades etc. (if testbed runs less than a month)

but you have Admiral Rank anyway? if so then join Dutch and I'll trade with you (ships, etc.)

2 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

but you have Admiral Rank anyway? if so then join Dutch and I'll trade with you (ships, etc.)

no, i ended up with base cutter and lowest rank bec I deleted character back and forth...but like i said, i heard about the needed relog and did the procedure right on my alt.

Main: nothing,but dlcs

alt: all redeemables....

srsly, testbed needs better info.

1 minute ago, Jan van Santen said:

no, i ended up with base cutter and lowest rank bec I deleted character back and forth...but like i said, i heard about the needed relog and did the procedure right on my alt.

Main: nothing,but dlcs

alt: all redeemables....

srsly, testbed needs better info.

ok, so you have second account and it doesn't hurt so hart then. 🙂