Game-Labs Forum

Anti-Ganking Protections

Timer.png.50eec2b1145ce1ed284cf958c5e66941.png

Server population is way too low to begin giving a 4 man Indiaman fleet 1 hour of immunity. I thought this was a sandbox game on the WAR SERVER. I hate this. When I go hunting I'll spend 1 HOUR of sailing time just to find someone to kill.....no way I'm going to spend another hour killing my prey once I find it. GG you've just killed my desire to play this game as much. 

Edited by Mr Kemosabe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Kemosabe said:

Timer.png.50eec2b1145ce1ed284cf958c5e66941.png

Server population is way too low to begin giving a 4 man Indiaman fleet 1 hour of immunity. I thought this was a sandbox game on the WAR SERVER. I hate this. When I go hunting I'll spend 1 HOUR of sailing time just to find someone to kill.....no way I'm going to spend another hour killing my prey once I find it. GG you've just killed my desire to play this game as much. 

Is this a serious mechanic in game now?  

Do I understand this correctly?  If I am captured or sunk then any player who sinks me in the next 13 minutes will receive zero rewards?  Does this include combat XP, Doubloons and Reals?  What if I am captured? Is there no rewards for capping a recently killed player?  Does recently killed include if the player is captured, or does recently killed apply to sunk ships only?

Very complicated rules.  I sympathize with the Devs trying to make mechanics that balance gameplay, fun, and competition.

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

Is this a serious mechanic in game now?  

Do I understand this correctly?  If I am captured or sunk then any player who sinks me in the next 13 minutes will receive zero rewards?  Does this include combat XP, Doubloons and Reals?  What if I am captured? Is there no rewards for capping a recently killed player?  Does recently killed include if the player is captured, or does recently killed apply to sunk ships only?

Very complicated rules.  I sympathize with the Devs trying to make mechanics that balance gameplay, fun, and competition.

The "recently killed" mark and protection were in the game in 2017 when I started..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Doesn't the recently killed flag only apply if you kill the players ship not the ones in his fleet? If you engage the fleet ships and ignore the player one you can pretty much wipe him out in 2 rounds of battle. 

That is my understanding, as well, fwiw.

Edited by GrubbyZebra

On 4/10/2020 at 9:36 AM, Mr Kemosabe said:

You don't get dubs for killing non-players

so? Dubs aren't that hard to come by. kill some NPC fleets, take some missions, etc. Heck, you can take a 5th rate seek and destroy mission and still get CM's and a gold chest for killing the fleet indiaman.

When I tag a player with a trader fleet, I tell them from the outset "I will not retag you after this battle".  Because I play this game to have fun, and take no joy out of griefing a guy to nothing, so I don't do it.  After the battle whether I kill the guy or he outsails me and gets away ( I congratulate him at 15 seconds left to escape and remind him I won't retag) I sail on for other prey.  There is no sport in killing a guy's Indiaman and then retagging and killing his next Indiaman and so on.  After he loses his primary ship he has no book knowledge slots available on what was his fleet ship. (Devs needed to fix this a long time ago... shame they won't even after it being asked for many times).

I know I'm in the minority, but I am glad to see griefing gets the griefer nothing except a capped ship if he chooses. 

• Like 9

This problem only really comes up when you attack players with ships in fleet or when you attack a player close to his home port and he comes out again to attack you. 

The issue with fleets is really stupid because, if a player with ships in fleet sends his ships to escape while he fights or delays the attacker, when the battle is over he reappears in open world on one of his fleet ships in the same position he was when the battle started, so he can be retagged almost immediately. He is now in a fleet ship with no perks and becomes an easier target. The same happens again and again till all his fleet is sunk. This is unfair to the fleet owner and thus it is right that subsequent sinking should give no rewards.

The reason they changed what happens to escaped fleet ships was because people were using it as an easy teleport as the escaped ships used to still appear in fleet in the port where the player respawned. So to get rid of one exploit they created an unfair situation for people with fleet ships.

Remember this happens mainly against traders as not many sail with warships in fleet, so it is usually an easy kill to begin with. Personally I think traders should not count as PvP kills but there should be some other way people who attack traders can be rewarded without having to sail the slow trader in fleet all the way home.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2020 at 2:05 AM, Mr Kemosabe said:

Server population is way too low to begin giving a 4 man Indiaman fleet 1 hour of immunity.

I do not see how they have 1 hour of immunity? You can still sink them all, you just do not get PvP rewards for all the kills. Rather than fight  a 4 Indiaman fleet for completing 4 fifth rate PvP kills go and find 4 fifth rate warships to fight for your PvP quests. Stop trying to do it in easy mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atreides said:

When I tag a player with a trader fleet, I tell them from the outset "I will not retag you after this battle".  Because I play this game to have fun, and take no joy out of griefing a guy to nothing, so I don't do it.  After the battle whether I kill the guy or he outsails me and gets away ( I congratulate him at 15 seconds left to escape and remind him I won't retag) I sail on for other prey.  There is no sport in killing a guy's Indiaman and then retagging and killing his next Indiaman and so on.  After he loses his primary ship he has no book knowledge slots available on what was his fleet ship. (Devs needed to fix this a long time ago... shame they won't even after it being asked for many times).

I know I'm in the minority, but I am glad to see griefing gets the griefer nothing except a capped ship if he chooses. 

Same for me. I never attacked the same player just out of the first fight. But I am not an hardcore PVP player.

Same I don't belong to these admiral fleet who are ganking new player after new player out of capitals, 4 Snows and 2 Princes, skipped by proud Admirals vs a single Rattlesnake skipped by a 1st Lieutenant.

Probably the reason why I made a break... Naval Action is designed for gankers, with little room for small ships players.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aquillas said:

Same for me. I never attacked the same player just out of the first fight. But I am not an hardcore PVP player.

I can’t say never. I generally don’t do it. However, if in the initial battle he is especially salty, I show no mercy. And what I mean is I expect to be called a bastard and get insulted. No biggie. Of course he’s upset about getting caught. But if he’s especially foul bringing real life family, curses of illness and violence to my family, that sort of thing which is way too common in this game, well... god have mercy on his captain’s soul if I can keep catching him. 

• Like 1

So the recently killed mark is an [X] after the player's name?

How long does the 'recently killed' status last?

I've been attacked in my trade ship often.  The hunter almost always leaves my fleet ships.  Only once have I been re-attacked by the same player when I respawn.

I wish that I would respawn into OW at the location where I leave the battle.  Also I would like to remain inside the battle instance until the original timer runs out, or I chose to leave.  It sucks when the hunter leaves/finishes the battle and I get kicked out quickly into OW.  No time to take a break.

• Like 1

The guy is not immune you just dont get  a reward for killing a person who has just been killed. Its not the end of the world. If your that desperate you can still sink him but the game will not give you anything for doing so

I’ve also noticed that if you sink his fleet ships, even if the player is not recently killed, they now drop no doubloons which I guess, is how it should be. However, it would be nice if such an adjustment also included the ability to send a captured ship home with a prize crew.