Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-3 News! [26/11/2019]

Nick Thomadis

20 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Barbette damage now causes damage to its attached gun and vice versa. You will no longer see barbettes becoming individually damaged without any effect to the attached gun.

Will turret barbettes share armor values with turrets or have their own armor value we can adjust? Barbettes were heavily armored but in game they seem to have paper armor almost to the point that they're a liability.

I hope alpha 4 allows us to get closer to historical ships and even better customisation, so moving the superstructure and funnels and such in werid locations (so you can have a CV style superstructure for memes with 18-20inch guns down the middle lol.) As well as being able to interact with the innards of the ship itself.

-=Cheat Menu - Update=-
Regarding the hidden debug options that we are going to disable
, we do so because most of them cause errors, bugs, exceptions that you also report to us. These options work stably only for development purposes and can make the game to malfunction in various ways, making hard for us to find real problems and repair them.

However, we understand that you have fun using those options, so we are going to keep two, that can work without major issues. These are the "Unlock all parts" and "Ship give all techs".

Use them at your discretion. Enjoy!

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

-=Cheat Menu - Update=-
Regarding the hidden debug options that we are going to disable
, we do so because most of them cause errors, bugs, exceptions that you also report to us. These options work stably only for development purposes and can make the game to malfunction in various ways, making hard for us to find real problems and repair them.

However, we understand that you have fun using those options, so we are going to keep two, that can work without major issues. These are the "Unlock all parts" and "Ship give all techs".

Use them at your discretion. Enjoy!

❤️

thank you so much! That is the perfect solution in my oppinion, as it is exactly what i am used to play around with! Thank you again!

And after having a second look at your profile:

i will definitely make sure not to choke on my aspirations ;)

Teckelmaster out

Games can be so satisfying when development team and community speak the same language!

• Like 5

Thanks for giving us a progress and updated content report.

You and your colleagues are doing a wonderful job of communicating with us despite doubtless being extremely busy.

I had offered some commentary on the last version of this thread, so won't repeat it. I've enough confidence from how you've all been responding that someone will have read and potentially noted the feedback you find valuable or interesting.

Same here, holding back my own video on this game since the second I heard about alpha 3. If it's beyond the weekend, I'll just release the first one on this version....

(can't believe after 2 years of uploading nothing I'm now in a rush xDDD yep, this game's good :D)

• Like 1

I'm glad you kept them. They are actually not only fun, but useful tools to examine what works and what doesn't - kind of the point of Naval Academy. Though maybe the new Custom Missions will cover some of that ground.

After failing repeatedly in "Destroyers vs Torpedo Boats", I concluded the destroyers were useless, This is not necessarily a problem - if that's the game dynamic, I just need to know that NOW so I can try something else in the campaign. As long as battleships can be defended somehow, it is not important that destroyers be the defender.

Thanks to seeing other people use Give All Techs, I understand that the problem of not being able to hit the torpedo boats regularly will go away with increased FC tech. All I need is to find out what will tide me over in that low tech period. 

So I used "Unlock all parts" to experiment with light and protected cruisers of the same total value (so they are viable alternatives in campaign) and got my butt kicked. I eventually went back to destroyers and finally got a Complete. But without that experience of being to try and fail at something else, I would probably not be able to draw the correct conclusion before the campaign.

Now eagerly waiting for the Alpha-3.

• Like 1

I hope in the Future we get the ability to design our own hull forms, and superstructure, I know its complicated ant time consuming with the slices we saw in that early preview, but i would really like to form my ship exactly the way it is in my mind. I used to play From the Depths and build realistic ships or "replicas" but they made it so cannons do no damage unless you want 50cm machine guns. I really liked putting together my own combination of differing ships features, and Layouts, I hope we get to see something like that here. Maybe we can anticipate some kind of post release, or DLC module that lets us develop our own layouts of conning towers Tripod masts, hectopod masts, or Flying bridges and such

e4171b526f66a5da73da9c2ef7b11446.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 9:45 AM, arkhangelsk said:

I'm glad you kept them. They are actually not only fun, but useful tools to examine what works and what doesn't - kind of the point of Naval Academy. Though maybe the new Custom Missions will cover some of that ground.

After failing repeatedly in "Destroyers vs Torpedo Boats", I concluded the destroyers were useless, This is not necessarily a problem - if that's the game dynamic, I just need to know that NOW so I can try something else in the campaign. As long as battleships can be defended somehow, it is not important that destroyers be the defender.

Thanks to seeing other people use Give All Techs, I understand that the problem of not being able to hit the torpedo boats regularly will go away with increased FC tech. All I need is to find out what will tide me over in that low tech period. 

So I used "Unlock all parts" to experiment with light and protected cruisers of the same total value (so they are viable alternatives in campaign) and got my butt kicked. I eventually went back to destroyers and finally got a Complete. But without that experience of being to try and fail at something else, I would probably not be able to draw the correct conclusion before the campaign.

Now eagerly waiting for the Alpha-3.

I want it to be campaign testing. One can hope

42 minutes ago, Cairo1 said:

I hope in the Future we get the ability to design our own hull forms, and superstructure, I know its complicated ant time consuming with the slices we saw in that early preview, but i would really like to form my ship exactly the way it is in my mind. I used to play From the Depths and build realistic ships or "replicas" but they made it so cannons do no damage unless you want 50cm machine guns. I really liked putting together my own combination of differing ships features, and Layouts, I hope we get to see something like that here. Maybe we can anticipate some kind of post release, or DLC module that lets us develop our own layouts of conning towers Tripod masts, hectopod masts, or Flying bridges and such

I'd love to be able to design our own structures. And I'd also love to be given the chance to design my own guns according to my own preferences (adjusting muzzle velocities, rifling, shell size, etc, not just following a "one pattern fit's em all nations" where every triple 14'' mount mark 2 is the same in every nation and only changes from ship to ship through things as shell size selection for that particular ship.

But this is a small team. First things first. Hopefully down the line they can do something like that, and a structure designer. In the meantime, if they bring us different styles of hulls and structures patterned according to different historical nations, that is good enough. And I'll have to patiently wait for my "big gun design simulator" for a good while aswell ;).

1 hour ago, Cairo1 said:

e4171b526f66a5da73da9c2ef7b11446.jpg

We would need direct mod support and also the ability to transfer obj.files from 3ds max, blender, maya, 4d cinema, houdini etc. And have the game recognise them and be able to be stored by the game for the AI too use as well.

Jesus this could open up a huge opportunity and hell if these things are good enough a direct mod workshop could exist to allow others to directly download and view models and mods and see how they fit the game.

This could range from anything from, hulls, superstructures, funnels, guns, turrets, barbettes, misceallous, UI, splash screens, effects, sounds, animations, colour schemes etc. I wouldn't mind this in the game at a later date.

Question: I have recently purchased the game and from what I am seeing I am very happy with it. But will we ever get 4-gun turrets? Examples are to be found in French design, King George V, Project 17 (US Navy), planned Edinburgh-subclass refits. Additionally, maybe differentiate turret sizes based on how many guns are in one turret? I have been tempted by adding a single 11 inch gun to one of my ships until I realised I could get a twin in practically the same space. Anyways, cheers! I am very satisfied with the game

57 minutes ago, Maty83 said:

Question: I have recently purchased the game and from what I am seeing I am very happy with it. But will we ever get 4-gun turrets? Examples are to be found in French design, King George V, Project 17 (US Navy), planned Edinburgh-subclass refits. Additionally, maybe differentiate turret sizes based on how many guns are in one turret? I have been tempted by adding a single 11 inch gun to one of my ships until I realised I could get a twin in practically the same space. Anyways, cheers! I am very satisfied with the game

As far as I am aware of, 4 gun turrets are planned, just not in yet.

IMO turrets should get a bit smaller (at least less wide) with less guns, currently a 1 gun turret and 3 gun turret are identical in size.