Game-Labs Forum

Lack of heavier ships/ fleets in the Southern Sea's

Hi,

I've made myself an outpost at Pasaje today, nestled between Russian, Polish and Swedish territories.

As a player of the United Provinces, I've noticed that there's a definitive higher presence of 4th rate ships and higher in those waters, compared to the UP home territory.

I've seen multiple single ships and fleets containing Indefatigables, Bellona's and USS United States there, while in our home waters we can't find anything more than a 5th rate.

Is there a reason for this discrepancy? Is it the higher density of ports, or is it the fact that there's more different nations in 1 area?

Nevertheless, I would argue that the south of the map, on the coasts of Venezuela and Colombia could use an increase in single ships and fleets higher than 5th rates.

Best Regards,

Yngvarr

• Like 1

There is a reason for this discrepency.

Each region has different fleets. 

Puerto rico, lower antilles and hispaniola for example are where lineship NPCs spawn.

You can go to upper antilles and south america for 5th rates.

10 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Puerto rico, lower antilles and hispaniola for example are where lineship NPCs spawn.

Why is it made this way?
Why don't all regions spawn an equal distribution? (although i probably already know the answer, being the devs forcibly shoving PVP down my throat).

And there's not really much enemy AI fleets of 5th rates in the southern region of the map anyway.

There are not a lot of enemy AI ships in the southern part of the map, period.(except 7th and 6th rates)

Also, doesn't this discrepancy give certain nations advantages?

Edited by Yngvarr

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

Well -across leeward Antilles line theres no large fleets,brit or any other nation IN the Northen waters.all other nations have them on both sides of their islands and all types. Shouldn't there be A Larger fleet type to cross from east to west ?

There are certain areas that spawn certain classes of AI. The spawned AI also tend to belong to the nation which owns the nearby ports. The later makes sense, the former not so much but alas...

2 minutes ago, Farrago said:

There are certain areas that spawn certain classes of AI. The spawned AI also tend to belong to the nation which owns the nearby ports. The later makes sense, the former not so much but alas...

OK, but doesn't the fact that this spawn system works this way, benefit for instance the Swedish, who can go farm line-ship fleets within sight distance of their hometowns?

32 minutes ago, Yngvarr said:

OK, but doesn't the fact that this spawn system works this way, benefit for instance the Swedish, who can go farm line-ship fleets within sight distance of their hometowns?

I mean - i guess?

Most Swedes usually want to kill 5th rates since most of our missions in our waters have to do with 5th rates.

would you like to trade? ;)

Some  always say

"you can go there ....... "

...Uuuhh.. NO! ...balance is crucial...i say...

it's clearly a development push ...just to keep captains away from the dutch. or moving from the dutch to whatever nation.

ever want to catch a fly with an elephant >> > tried it, but it looked very silly.

there are so many nails in this game you don't need a metal detector to look for them.

in this particular case, i wonder.... what does development has against the vp .

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, James Thomson said:

I know they wanted to drive people to PvP denying enemy AI spanws on allied regions but when clan has base of ops somwhere and area gets all brittish there is literally no training targets left.

I personally like it - If you want to attack enemy NPC fleets, you go to Enemy controlled areas.

There are missions for those who don't want to be in direct contact with possible enemies - and even more so there are always ships near the capital for folks to enjoy.

1 hour ago, Yngvarr said:

Hi,

I've made myself an outpost at Pasaje today, nestled between Russian, Polish and Swedish territories.

As a player of the United Provinces, I've noticed that there's a definitive higher presence of 4th rate ships and higher in those waters, compared to the UP home territory.

I've seen multiple single ships and fleets containing Indefatigables, Bellona's and USS United States there, while in our home waters we can't find anything more than a 5th rate.

Is there a reason for this discrepancy? Is it the higher density of ports, or is it the fact that there's more different nations in 1 area?

Fleet potential locations are indicated in the new player tips book. Any player can take action to find a fleet with a required class if he knows their geographical clusters. Any nation can capture ports around those clusters to make their life easier. Class locations are geographical and fixed. For example there are only 3 clusters for ships of the line. Lower antilles Yucatan and Hispaniola. Anybody who wants to sink a steady supply of 1st rates (outside of the missions) must move to areas around those clusters.

3 hours ago, Yngvarr said:

If your nation doesn't happen to have ports in a "lineship" area you won't be able to do lineship missions...or efficiently grind knowledge slots either I guess. 

18 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

If your nation doesn't happen to have ports in a "lineship" area you won't be able to do lineship missions...or efficiently grind knowledge slots either I guess. 

i agree what you say,

it means also the Russians northern nations will be an admiral in 3-4  weeks >>> the Dutch will be an admiral in 8-12  months with the possession of the little ships in their area

port s will not be different than it is today  so for some nations areas  (because to the lack and  shortage of outposts for a single player)

so I do not agree what admin says about it. it seems he is thinking only at a particular nation. 

admin seems to forget if a Dutch ship is attacked in dutch waters the only help the Dutch get is an AI pickle or snow or at the highest a frigate.

if I attack a Russian enemy nation in the north I get not only the Russian,  northern players (and gank party) but also 3 Ai wasa and 3 Ai victories s in the battle.

it's not balanced in the south.it stinks in some way at the moment.

why not turn it around give the north all the single 7 and single 6 rate ships, and the south the  4 th and 3 rate fleet ships ???

the map is leading,....and 3 rates and 1 rate never sailed at the coast of Venezuela, but then again there are also no Dutch ships...(also very historical) they seem to exist only in fairy tales by the tsar.

1280px-Practice_fight_of_the_Dutch_Fleet

Practice battle of the Dutch fleet in honor of Peter, September 1, 1697

Czar_Peter_en_route_to_the_newly_built_f

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Well, the idea of beeing able to select any mission I want to level up character when I joined the game was really cool.

I can already see some big problems with leveling up, with so little differences in the missions. If most of them is mission for 5th rate, a road through 4th and 3rd rate will be incredible pain, with yet another not-tested-but-implemented change to XP and Reals granted based on BR difference...

On 6/1/2019 at 10:31 AM, admin said:

Fleet potential locations are indicated in the new player tips book. Any player can take action to find a fleet with a required class if he knows their geographical clusters. Any nation can capture ports around those clusters to make their life easier. Class locations are geographical and fixed. For example there are only 3 clusters for ships of the line. Lower antilles Yucatan and Hispaniola. Anybody who wants to sink a steady supply of 1st rates (outside of the missions) must move to areas around those clusters.

why not make a tutorial with all this info that only 1% knows?

• Like 1