Game-Labs Forum

Where have all the people gone?

Well the game is pretty limited content wise right now so of course the player count will decrease as people get bored.

Not everyone can play everyday and still find it exciting in its limited form. Watch for player count spikes when new patches or new ships are introduced, or the open world is released for testing.

• Like 1

I guess one problem is that some wanted to get to the SOTLs asap and then saw themselves getting bored or frustrated.

And considering the superior agility of the frigates and the responsibilities you have playing SoLs, those people will find themselves very frustrated if they reach the big ships.

It's like jets in WT.

Brilliant leadership on our team, kudos to SCL ^^

SCL probably snuck a lynx into trafalgar and charged the enemy, didn't he?  :P

Anyhoo, I think the player counts will eventually stabilize to a decent number. They might even jump back up when paypal can get their act together.

like admin said we are waiting for next patch.

back then in focus testing this was common

patch comes 8hour total testing time giving thumbs up of aproval and then moved on waiting for next patch in the mean time the devs could calmly work at the next build without much presure from outside.

Alot of games like this require the steady stream of new players to keep numbers up, likely the reduction is (at least why i aint played) due to paypal stopping new players coming in.

It happens for me and for many, you get a new game, want to play the daylights out of it, do so for a week, become exhausted and play at a reduced level for x days/weeks, with the next batch coming in especially given how the steam keys seem to be given on a friday only basis this seems to be a big effect here too i guess.

Once the numbers of sold copies goes up a bit more, chances are that, given with a bit more time for the older players to come back to regular play that the game will become alot more alive again with people, till then have to really rely on the waves of new players once they can return :)

I never have problems finding games when I log in. And about the content thingie...dunno. I achieved my Santisima shortly after it being released, have all the ships and I sail all the ships. People who are in here only for the grind are in a totally wrong game. Once open sea happens there won't be any grind or progression - there will be earning stuff by doing stuff well. Whoever is in here thinking this is yet another World of Tanks is in for some bad news, methinks.

What's me I just enjoy the game for what it is, and I sail whatever ship I feel like sailing. Playing for the enjoyement of playing is much more fun that lusting for the next ship in the progression line. But I guess not everyone is "wired" like that.

• Like 3

I never have problems finding games when I log in. And about the content thingie...dunno. I achieved my Santisima shortly after it being released, have all the ships and I sail all the ships. People who are in here only for the grind are in a totally wrong game. Once open sea happens there won't be any grind or progression - there will be earning stuff by doing stuff well. Whoever is in here thinking this is yet another World of Tanks is in for some bad news, methinks.

What's me I just enjoy the game for what it is, and I sail whatever ship I feel like sailing. Playing for the enjoyement of playing is much more fun that lusting for the next ship in the progression line. But I guess not everyone is "wired" like that.

Thats what i really think about it. Just playing is a pleasure. I hate all that modern Day MMOG Grinding Shit. Just play with friends. Sail well and do some right things out there.

Still a grind doing missions getting xp making money to think its not a grind is kind of foolish, its just the grind will be much longer due to how long the battles take. However it will be a much more enjoyable grind compared too other mmo's

Still a grind doing missions getting xp making money ....

Well that might be your approach towards OS. Mine is sailing out in a small ship to hunt prey. No grind there. Just sailing and fighting looking to make fortune and not with any kind of set goals to achieve any "progression" towards any ship. New ships will be a bonus if I do things right, but won't me my target when I play. My target will be having fun even in the smallest tiniest ship in the game.

That doesn't sound like a grind to me :).

• Like 3

I can see it now in the equivalent of the Tortuga Auction House... "For Sale : Royal Navy Light Frigate. Extensive damage to the stern, lists heavily when turning to Larboard. Lies a little low to the scuppers. One not so careful owner. Guns not included. Enquiries to the Black Kettle, ask for Mr Ram."

• Like 3