Game-Labs Forum

Allow Players to Man Forts During Port Battles

With the introduction of player-created defenses, can we have a return to player-manned guns in the forts and Martello towers?

It was great fun and seems like it might be a simple way to put a bit of spark back into participating in Port Battles.

I believe it should be already coded given the fact that we used to be able to man them in pre-land PB's....

I honestly think that this aspect of the game is where most further, post-release, gameplay has the most room for additional content.

Stay tuned for my next suggestion of Mortar Brigs not actually destroying fortifications, but just "suppressing" them, as IRL.

• Like 14

It could be a nice addition to allowing more players to take part in the port battle.

I think though - as you may also notice - something would have to be done about mortar brigs - or a tower/fort range would have to be looked at.

I currently see someone in a tower/fort, but since they can't move and the enemy stays out of range I gather it would be pretty boring.

Player could and would man Martello towers and in two test phases, on one they didn't even have to board the towers.

But later they had to board.

And yes they could turn the 6 42 pounder guns and fire them.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

But the forts should be manned by someone other that a ship's crew.  Shore based artillery manned by shore based artillerists?

some kind of enter fort while a port battle is on or something. Imo the forts should be much stronger hp wise and either have mortars to counter mortar brigs. sorry for going abit OT, but it would balance out perfectly if the flag system came back with a bit of rework, making like 10 people being able to defend a port from 25 players or something if the enemy fleet manage to enter the port area unnoticed and defending clan unable to respond quick enough