Game-Labs Forum

Dont Worry abut the DLC-Ships...

13 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

You seem to forget that the Aga needs to be crafted. Think on the doubloons required for doing 2 clan delivery missions for teak and white oak.

I use her Mahogany /Saibcu wich is both in good reach for me. I will be fastr and have more armor and pnd. The Rätti will have more Thickness. Even out if guess

3 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

@Hethwill trading is not a hobby for many of us. That is why the dlc is targeted at the players that don't like it. I have to give them one thing. They are smart.

Yep. That's right.

When i talk hobby i talk about everything hobby. NA is just one of it. But I get what you mean.

I spend more cash in other hobbies than on PC stuff, but totally get the players of some games that spent thousands on gaming assets.

All because they can and have that cash to spare, not because they must have this or that ship.

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

Then why defend it? It has nothing to do with disposable income....

Not defending it.

I'm saying anyone is free to do whatever they want with their cash.

The opposite is more true, some seem pissed that someone else might have the cash and actually spend it because they want and they can...

Gimme a break ...!

5 minutes ago, Meraun said:

I use her Mahogany /Saibcu wich is both in good reach for me. I will be fastr and have more armor and pnd. The Rätti will have more Thickness. Even out if guess 

Direct Comparison of Oak/Oak Aga with just Planking Book installed versus a  "naked" T/Wo Rättvisan:
https://na-map.netlify.com/?v=8.7.1&cmp=MoBhVWfezCJzoS01sE5&02=LbE

I'd take those odds.

The only thing that really stinks is the ridiculously short redeem cooldwon of 24h for an effin' 4th rate...

Edited by Tom Farseer

41 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Yeah but it's tax season in the US, there aint none o' that left.   :)

$152.92 for all DLC now, man that isn't disposable income anymore, at least not for the masses.

But all I hear on the news and from the source is that the economy has never been better in the history of the US...bigly so.

8 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Personally I think that's totally fair.

now I would prefer the ratatata be 48hour redeem and not 24hr. but eh.

I wonder of previous DLC owners will exploit this one in the same manner have multiple ones just sitting in port every day....

Edited by van der Decken

Just now, Hethwill said:

Not defending it.

I'm saying anyone is free to do whatever they want with their cash.

The opposite is more true, some seem pissed that someone else might have the cash and actually spend it because they want and they can...

Gimme a break ...!

sorry man. Listen we already had a misunderstanding today in another topic. I don't know why I am so defensive atm :(  

10 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

https://na-map.netlify.com/
You can check the current API values there.
As is, Rättvissan is the most comparable to the Ingermanland, statswise. L'Hermione is basically La Belle Poule. So both are sitting below the Permit-locked ships of their class.
Edit: Just double checked. Aga is better across the board and doesn't even need a permit^^

whats your point? Stats are irrelevant to what they were talking about. Time is what makes the ships the problem. The DLC price has no impact to the gameplay. 

The thing is it effects everything, from PVP to the Economy of the game.

Why bother fighting a ship that can just be respawned? The player base is already dwindling the developers are literally just milking a dead cow now.

As if hercs and reqs weren't bad enough and ruined shallow waters. Now we have contend with more throw away ships.

Half expected this to happen though, Quick cash grab before the game croaks.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Eric Cortana said:

The thing is it effects everything, from PVP to the Economy of the game.

Why bother fighting a ship that can just be respawned? The player base is already dwindling the developers are literally just milking a dead cow now.

As if hercs and reqs weren't bad enough and ruined shallow waters. Now we have contend with more throw away ships.

Half expected this to happen though, Quick cash grab before the game croaks.

Isn't the game about battles, mate?   Or is it how many colored dots are on a map?   I'm confused.

I too, wanted a game where "economic warfare" was a viable thing.  But that ship sailed a long, long time ago with alts and other mechanics.

The game is about instanced battles.

Fighting a crafted ship is no different than fighting a DLC shipin this model.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Isn't the game about battles, mate?   Or is it how many colored dots are on a map?   I'm confused.

I too, wanted a game where "economic warfare" was a viable thing.  But that ship sailed a long, long time ago with alts and other mechanics.

then why do other ships still require so much work to craft them? Make all ships cheap. hello kitty RVR. Who cares....Oh wait RVR is the main way to keep a stable playerbase. RVR is the only reason the playerbase is low. Its tedious to capture ports and thats why people quit. So much work for a simple port battle. Farming ai is the worst. You cannot expect hardcore pvpers to go out and kill ai. I mean what the hell is that. If the game was about instanced battles then why the hello kitty did they make a sandbox. 

• Like 8

NA to me is all about PvP and the economy, or at least it was until the req and herc was released.

What i mean by that is i enjoyed going out and hunting enemy players, happy with the fact that when i sank them they would have to buy a new ship to feed the economy.

Yeah alts are crap but they don't entirely ruin the game, apart from the redeemables e.g. poods,naval clocks etc which can directly impact the economy. (Should be bind on account in my opinion) 

If they just wanted battle royal they should scrap NA and release that NA arenas game they were talking about.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

then why do other ships still require so much work to craft them? Make all ships cheap. hello kitty RVR. Who cares....Oh wait RVR is the main way to keep a stable playerbase. RVR is the only reason the playerbase is low. Its tedious to capture ports and thats why people quit. So much work for a simple port battle. Farming ai is the worst. You cannot expect hardcore pvpers to go out and kill ai. I mean what the hell is that. If the game was about instanced battles then why the hello kitty did they make a sandbox. 

Exactly.  Its the trying to appease both that pleases neither....

Edited by Vernon Merrill

13 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Yes and no. For some players RvR is (or rather was) the main staple of the game. And the balance of RvR is now abso-fekkin-lutely screwed.
Outfitting a screening fleet with what are arguably the best taggers ingame (high-ish BR, decent enough speed and chasers galore) is now a thing of a mouse click daily for anyone who buys the Rättvisan. Considering the best Alternative being currently the Agamemnon with no Permit needed. The cost in Labour, Resources and Doubloons and thus ultimatley Gametime is considerably higher.

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

I didn't mind flipping ports, 90% of the time you would end up in a PvP battle anyway just back in the day we actually had reasons to flip ports, e.g. resources etc. Now with a free daily ship why bother? Throw medium cannons on it and throw it at the enemy like a brick :) 

Just now, Vernon Merrill said:

Exactly.

Dude, wtf. I want a lobby game but that doesn't mean we should shit on the sandbox. Sandbox can and will work if things are done right. I cannot accept any compromises to anything. No matter the genre of the game I play I EXPECT it to work otherwise it cannot be enjoyed. Your attitude is extremely damaging. I have proposed to admin in a PM a dlc model that could work in a sandbox without damaging the game design. He chose not to read it. 

http://prntscr.com/n7zq39

Please give me 1 reason why my proposal would be bad for the game. Not for you, FOR A SANDBOX NAVAL WARFARE GAME WITH DLC. Its logical!

Personally I see that the prices match up for what you are getting at least for the Ratata. Hermoine a bit pricey but in the ball park value. Basing this on other games that sell individual vehicles and similar items in the current market. I understand if people find the price tag to be too much for them. People have to find personal value for themselves. Some will see price tag about right and others see it as too rich for their blood which is also understandable. 

5 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Dude, wtf. I want a lobby game but that doesn't mean we should shit on the sandbox. Sandbox can and will work if things are done right. I cannot accept any compromises to anything. No matter the genre of the game I play I EXPECT it to work otherwise it cannot be enjoyed. Your attitude is extremely damaging. I have proposed to admin in a PM a dlc model that could work in a sandbox without damaging the game design. He chose not to read it. 

http://prntscr.com/n7zq39

Please give me 1 reason why my proposal would be bad for the game. Not for you, FOR A SANDBOX NAVAL WARFARE GAME WITH DLC. Its logical!

Irish man does not care for dev’s income

3 minutes ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

Some will see price tag about right and others see it as too rich for their blood which is also understandable. 

While the price tag is obviously a wonderfull thing for people to get triggered by, I think the impact of a "free" (in ingame terms, I repeat in ingame terms!) 4th rate on RvR is by far the worse problem...

• Like 4