Game-Labs Forum

How to eliminate seal clubbing.

Within a capital zone the only player able to initiate an attack is someone from that nation.

This way if the low level player attacks it is his choice, not a veteran player.

This will prevent high level players from attacking low level players who are trying to go after the small ships in the area to gain experience.

• Like 1

We have greenzones for that and I have some screenshots of me attacking noobs in 1st rates and loosing my very very expensive 1st rates to AI. How hard do you want to make it for pvpers on the pvp server because the sandbox part of this game has been killed by overprotecting the weak.(Rear admirals in their traders) PVP is mostly organised in zones now. Its almost a lobby system in a sandbox game.  I sail frigates mostly on my own. I cannot attack anyone in greenzones because I will be hammered by ai and people jumping me from all sides in 1st rates, I cannot attack traders because they are protected by the greenzones, I cannot enter zones because I am ganked going to or coming from the zones by people waiting in groups around the SOLO pvp zones. Tell me. Where is the content for the players that want WAR on the WAR SERVER? If you want easy go pve. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Within a capital zone the only player able to initiate an attack is someone from that nation.

This way if the low level player attacks it is his choice, not a veteran player.

This will prevent high level players from attacking low level players who are trying to go after the small ships in the area to gain experience.

I understand the objections, have seen it many times some people are happy to kill the beginners and running when it comes to the real fight. But there is only one way to eliminate the seal clubbing you need to eliminate the seal clubber. Train the beginners, organize your self in the nation or in the clan, give no more food to this guys just change the area… Also the victim can turn himself to a strong fighter and winner. More rules less freedom and more gaps which will be closest by even more rules.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

We have greenzones for that and I have some screenshots of me attacking noobs in 1st rates and loosing my very very expensive 1st rates to AI. How hard do you want to make it for pvpers on the pvp server because the sandbox part of this game has been killed by overprotecting the weak.(Rear admirals in their traders) PVP is mostly organised in zones now. Its almost a lobby system in a sandbox game.  I sail frigates mostly on my own. I cannot attack anyone in greenzones because I will be hammered by ai and people jumping me from all sides in 1st rates, I cannot attack traders because they are protected by the greenzones, I cannot enter zones because I am ganked going to or coming from the zones by people waiting in groups around the SOLO pvp zones. Tell me. Where is the content for the players that want WAR on the WAR SERVER? If you want easy go pve. 

Last i checked war on a war server was in port battles not taking a 1st rate to a capital just to beat on low level players. As far as the solo pvp zone, you kind of already new the risk when you sailed there. That was YOUR choice to take that risk. A low level player in a light ship should have the choice to when HE decides to venture out and enter the pvp world. Attacking traders in the capital areas is a waste unless your goal is to take out ships carrying building materials, trade runs are not profitable within the capital zone. So most of your arguments are completely empty and are nothing more than an excuse to be part of the problem not working on being part of a solution. The goal is to protect new players from idiots who have already made threats that they WILL attack new players with to sole objective of generating negative reviews. 

If the only pvp you can find is outside a capital zone, YOU are not looking hard enough and taking the lazy way to your goal. There is plenty of pvp on this server without beating on low level players.

19 minutes ago, Castañon del Rey said:

Also why would anyone go to enemy capital if cannot attack,  only be attacked.

They shouldn't be at a capital zone in the first place, there is nothing to gain there unless the goal is to seal club. Rather pathetic way to make it up the leader board.

2 minutes ago, Petrel (GDL) said:

I understand the objections, have seen it many times some people are happy to kill the beginners and running when it comes to the real fight. But there is only one way to eliminate the seal clubbing you need to eliminate the seal clubber. Train the beginners, organize your self in the nation or in the clan, give no more food to this guys just change the area… Also the victim can turn himself to a strong fighter and winner. More rules less freedom and more gaps which will be closest by even more rules.

This suggestion eliminates the need for a rule, it is a mechanic that cant be circumvented or exploited. This creates a hard zone that allows new players a safe area to train and build. The ai alone vs low level players is enough without adding taking the new players choice away and forcing them to face 1st rates.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Raekur said:

They shouldn't be at a capital zone in the first place, there is nothing to gain there unless the goal is to seal club. Rather pathetic way to make it up the leader board.

First of all, new players are not the only ones found at Capitals. You find any kind of players there, and going there usually ends up with gank. Capitals already offer more then enough protection.

In fact nowdays, going to Capital is more or less suicide unless in a very good and organized group.

You want to make capital area pve only, and sorry but you are on the wrong server for that.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Castañon del Rey said:

First of all, new players are not the only ones found at Capitals. You find any kind of players there, and going there usually ends up with gank. Capitals already offer more then enough protection.

In fact nowdays, going to Capital is more or less suicide unless in a very good and organized group.

You want to make capital area pve only, and sorry but you are on the wrong server for that.

You still have not either provided a valid reason for hitting the capitals or proven that the reason you are going there is for nothing other than either hitting crafters moving supplies to their shipyard or seal clubbing low level players. Since there are a multitude of other locations that offer pvp, why again are you arguing for access to the capital areas?

The reason I occasionally go there is simple, find enemy players.

Sometimes I find trade ships, which I usually avoid because I have no interst in them. I am always looking for 5th rates and sometimes I find noobs, sometimes vets. 

But mostly I end up trying to escape gank.

Reason valid enough for you?.

Edited by Castañon del Rey
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Raekur said:

You still have not either provided a valid reason for hitting the capitals or proven that the reason you are going there is for nothing other than either hitting crafters moving supplies to their shipyard or seal clubbing low level players. Since there are a multitude of other locations that offer pvp, why again are you arguing for access to the capital areas?

Also, maybe if you start pvp and hunt some you will realise why making areas pve only a bad idea.

And by pvp zones you mean those gank zones, .. yeah solo zones also where gank groups can just sit outside and wait for you.

22 minutes ago, Raekur said:

But you already said why, to hit crafters and traders. There is no way to determine what level an enemy player is. since capitals are almost a sure fire way to get any kind of reliable content in the game, it makes sense for people, friend and foe alike, to flock to them. I have sailed around the PvP zone several times and never see a soul, but I get close to KPR and there are kiddies everywhere. 

Hitting national traders and crafters is a form of the warfare in this game; you hit their economy. That's a valid tactic. The point of the war server isn't only RvR (as you eluded to earlier.) It's an overall arena for all forms of player v player conflict. You have more than enough protection in the r zones as it is. Either your nation needs to help you, make a better bargain with whoever has tagged you and pray they are merciful, or become a more competent player that can win fights (even with the AI you get to help you.) Plus with the new damage model, towers and forts are way OP. 

Word to the wise, the guns on an indianman have saved me numerous times. Even Herc captains can have a hard time with them if you play it right.

• Like 2

Also crafters and traders don't interest me. They offer nothing I need. 

I want battle and capture good enemy ships, and if you want purple ships in the safe zones is where find them because most are too afraid to go anywhere else with them.

11 minutes ago, Galt said:

Hitting national traders and crafters is a form of the warfare in this game; you hit their economy. That's a valid tactic.

Role-play all you like, but don't delude yourself into thinking it actually matters.

Well, ok, maybe it can matter sometimes when a victim gives up on trying to make it here. One less enemy is very war-game like, right?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Castañon del Rey said:

and if you want purple ships in the safe zones is where find them because most are too afraid to go anywhere else with them.

Right there ends the circle where it begins. I mentioned it already in an other topic, take a cheap ship or even a captured one, look where the trouble is. If you lose, the next teleport to your nearest outpost is for free and maybe you learned even something, in the best way you will win, with the time soon or later.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Role-play all you like, but don't delude yourself into thinking it actually matters.

Well, ok, maybe it can matter sometimes when a victim gives up on trying to make it here. One less enemy is very war-game like, right?

I'm not even rp-ing here. Gt is the crafting hub of gb, you sit out there day and night to catch everything and they will have to move or they will eventually run out of resources. Same principle with KPR; it's a very busy port that most brits use to trade/craft/whatever. An effective blockade of that port would make it difficult for anyone to do business.

This is especially the case with the new wood systems. People will constantly be moving their outposts for the resources and shipping them to a main base. Camping that supply line would royally hello kitty them. This is a valid tactic, no rp needed. 

• Like 1

the PvP starved group also is a self-destroying group.

they make sure to keep their assets safe from other like-minded groups. they drive down pvp, rvr that would have otherwise happened between the entities to insure safety. 

There isn't really a way to eliminate seal clubbing, it's always in all games. What could encourage less seal clubbing is more groups going out attempting to take ports and creating possible PvP/RvR content on their time schedule.

if a group truly wants to find people to PvP they will find the opponents that also play at a similar time and they will test their prowess. 

I don't see people going in 1sts to Capitols connected to seal clubbing... People are just sick of empty server and are looking for an easy way to get PvP and not necessarily an unbalanced one in their favour. If we went in 3-5 1sts to KPR we expected to die but have some fun in the meantime. Sitting in front of someone's Capitol is like delivery service for pvp. They have game mechanics in their favour. We gave them time to form a fleet and tag us... they just have to leave port and they know what to expect.

Going there in requin or similiar to jump guys in cerbs different story.

Eliminate by disallowing more ships entering a battle which exceeds Br of juniors ship

Attackers ship and rank

Rank higher than post Capt = 1

Br higher than ship = 1........cannot enter

BR lower than ship = 1.........Can enter

Rank lower than player....can enter all br

If you guys are so into getting your pvp fix, post on the forum a time and place and then meet and duke it out..simple way of accomplishing that aspect without permitting the few a holes who are attacking the capital area for no reason other then to beat new players to death.

I guess the only other way to do it is that players under a certain rank can not be attacked in those zones. 

12 minutes ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Eliminate by disallowing more ships entering a battle which exceeds Br of juniors ship

Attackers ship and rank

Rank higher than post Capt = 1

Br higher than ship = 1........cannot enter

BR lower than ship = 1.........Can enter

Rank lower than player....can enter all br

The only downside to this approach is that a high ranked player with all the boxes open will still eat a new player alive with there being little to no chance for the new player to actually win.

I knew this discussion would come after  "Club Penguin Island"  close down last year.

Seriously though i think i was clubbed in my basic cutter first day, and i found it kinda funny tbh.   After i was killed i was left alone as had recently killed and saw it as just a part of being on the pvp server.

Just to clarify i didn't find any penguins to club on penguin island, no wonder it shut down. :)

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

I totally support this, nobody should be hunting in a nations safe zone. Only reason we would do that is because the nation is low on players/weak. 

The way it works today it is almost like this. Only exceptions are for the rookies that are not aware of the reinforcement feature and never calls the AI for help, and  the boarding fitted Le Requin hunters. The Le Requin are still able to kill players in the safe zone, because they do a quick bording, sink the player and then run upwind and escape the AI.

The AI that spawns are 2 ships, both equal to the BR of the enemy player. I belive they are epic AI because they are hard to kill, fast and deal a lot of damage. I now avoid engagements in the safe zone of enemy nations, but for the Le Requin the AI that spawns are normally square rigged ships I belive (I have never seen AI sail Le Requin). So easy for Le Requin to just sail upwind and escape.

17 hours ago, Raekur said:

If you guys are so into getting your pvp fix, post on the forum a time and place and then meet and duke it out..simple way of accomplishing that aspect without permitting the few a holes who are attacking the capital area for no reason other then to beat new players to death.

This clearly shows your have very lite knowledge of how pvp in general, what drags people to it and the different aspects of it. 

And I am not here to enlighten you, but pvp is more then just deciding a time and place and then "duke it out".

This ain't Naval Action "legends".

So stop trying to limit gameplay and learn / play the game instead of feeling sorry for yourself and other new players having a "hard" time.

Adapt, learn. It's not that hard to avoid other players, and if you completely want to avoid pvp then there is a server for just that.:).

Thank you and have a good day,..

Next!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 9:12 AM, Costa de Castilla said:

This clearly shows your have very lite knowledge of how pvp in general, what drags people to it and the different aspects of it. 

And I am not here to enlighten you, but pvp is more then just deciding a time and place and then "duke it out".

This ain't Naval Action "legends".

So stop trying to limit gameplay and learn / play the game instead of feeling sorry for yourself and other new players having a "hard" time.

Adapt, learn. It's not that hard to avoid other players, and if you completely want to avoid pvp then there is a server for just that.:).

Thank you and have a good day,..

Next!

First I am not feeling sorry for myself, I am getting tired of hearing the pvp community whine like little children because they want to go gankfest all over new players right outside the capital. Attacks in this area make it a little difficult to avoid as you seem to think when you have new players in weak or slow ships going against 15 kt boarding vessels. I have no issues with pvp, I have issues with a select few twats who want the entire game altered to their singular play style. And since the pvp players have made it such a wide spread occurrence of them going after low level players along with one pvp player being bold/brash/idiotic enough to actually threaten to do just that upon game release I find little merit in what you say.

• Like 1